MBRP Catback Street Exhaust for V6?

jabez36

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Jabez
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
NEWBIE here. I've heard people using stock GT exhausts on their V6 Mustangs. I have a 2015 3.7 and looked up catback systems for the GT on AM because of this. I was wondering if I could use an MBRP on my v6 even when its designed for the GT...Besides that any opinions? I only have a Roush CAI right now and would like a low deep rumble on idle and low revs! Thinking of Roush axle backs and BBK shortys as another option.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jabez36

jabez36

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Jabez
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jabez36

jabez36

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Jabez
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Not for the MBRP Street I guess, it sounds great on my buddy's 19 GT and he says no drone but I haven't gone for a ridealong.

Here's some videos of the Roush/shorties combo:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-sound-clip-thread.19410/page-34#post-1723909

Lots of people run the Roush mufflers, it's got to be for a reason but I don't personally care for the tone from what I've heard.

Thanks! So just to confirm, the MBRP Street that's made for the GT would fit in a V6? And by axle back adjustments what did you mean by that?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yes to the MBRP Street catback fitting the V6 just fine. The other comment was more if you were planning on getting a GT Roush axle back - that would need adjustment as the pipes are different sizes.

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
I had the MBRP street exhaust after my flowmasters. The sound is not very loud at all. Quite opposite of flowmasters. It’s probably like adding a GT stock exhaust on honestly. But if you’re looking for a deeper and louder exhaust I wouldn’t go that route. I took it off pretty quickly and ended up going with the GT Awe track edition and it’s awesome.

OP
OP
jabez36

jabez36

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Jabez
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
I had the MBRP street exhaust after my flowmasters. The sound is not very loud at all. Quite opposite of flowmasters. It’s probably like adding a GT stock exhaust on honestly. But if you’re looking for a deeper and louder exhaust I wouldn’t go that route. I took it off pretty quickly and ended up going with the GT Awe track edition and it’s awesome.

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely looking for the deep rumble less than the $1k price point.

I want a setup in the order of
1. Deep Rumble
2. Removing the resonator
3. No Drone
4. Around $1k or less

Idk if this is too unrealistic I'm pretty new to this.

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Thanks for the feedback! Definitely looking for the deep rumble less than the $1k price point.

I want a setup in the order of
1. Deep Rumble
2. Removing the resonator
3. No Drone
4. Around $1k or less

Idk if this is too unrealistic I'm pretty new to this.
It definitely doesn’t have drone but it’s probably cause it’s not very loud. Personally it didn’t have a deep rumble. Like I said it’s a little louder than stock. My AWE has some drone on the interstate but minimal compared to what my flowmasters had. I get complements all the time. It’s loud and deep but not annoying loud. I also have shorties with it. Hope this helps. Getting any GT catback would remove the resonator I believe. Mine came with a H pipe

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't find any with the specific setup I'm thinking of.
Agree there don't seem to be many documented examples of aftermarket GT catbacks on the V6. I wonder how the AWE Touring would sound.

My observation is many setups that yield the deepest tones and loudest volume often have issues with drone and/or unpleasant or harsh tones at high rpms.

OP
OP
jabez36

jabez36

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John Jabez
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Do you have sound clips of your AWE system?

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6