Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Thank you to @breeves002 and @eddison for helping me make sense of what I was looking at yesterday.

I have verified that my car has the relay, fuse, plug in back of car, and pinouts on the PCM all factory installed. I feel pretty comfortable that I should be able to install AE on my 2019 simply by adding all the parts and enabling with Forscan unless @Tweeter2148 can show me that he has the same in his car and was still unsuccessful, but at this point all the parts are there and I think it will work.
Sponsored

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you to @breeves002 and @eddison for helping me make sense of what I was looking at yesterday.

I have verified that my car has the relay, fuse, plug in back of car, and pinouts on the PCM all factory installed. I feel pretty comfortable that I should be able to install AE on my 2019 simply by adding all the parts and enabling with Forscan unless @Tweeter2148 can show me that he has the same in his car and was still unsuccessful, but at this point all the parts are there and I think it will work.
The only thing that I didn't do was check the pinouts on the PCM. The dealership was able to get the AE controls to show up on the IC. Then I could change the AE exhaust settings on the IC but nothing would happen. I also never got an error code to show up saying that something wasn't working right. Not getting the error code is what makes me believe that something else still has to be done.

My dealership had no idea nor do I think they really cared to try and figure it out and just blamed it on anything else. I really do believe now that the 19s have an extra step required but no idea what it is.

I wish you all the best on your car and please let me know how it goes for you. Worst case, I'm guessing that someone will figure it out in the next 6 months or so of what exactly has to be done on the 19s.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing that I didn't do was check the pinouts on the PCM. The dealership was able to get the AE controls to show up on the IC. Then I could change the AE exhaust settings on the IC but nothing would happen. I also never got an error code to show up saying that something wasn't working right. Not getting the error code is what makes me believe that something else still has to be done.

My dealership had no idea nor do I think they really cared to try and figure it out and just blamed it on anything else. I really do believe now that the 19s have an extra step required but no idea what it is.

I wish you all the best on your car and please let me know how it goes for you. Worst case, I'm guessing that someone will figure it out in the next 6 months or so of what exactly has to be done on the 19s.
Thanks for the reply man.

So you did check the power box under the hood and you have the relay and fuse?

Sponsored

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well that’s disappointing.
Well, you can try it out and always have a backup plan like me. Either cut the exhaust valve motors and add a switch to just have open and closed or have everything ready and waiting until more people get on board and someone figures it out.

Also, I went with the Borla ATAK and it still sounds good with the valves closed. For now, I just manually open and close them.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you can try it out and always have a backup plan like me. Either cut the exhaust valve motors and add a switch to just have open and closed or have everything ready and waiting until more people get on board and someone figures it out.

Also, I went with the Borla ATAK and it still sounds good with the valves closed. For now, I just manually open and close them.
I’ll just sit tight for a bit I guess. Thanks for the reply man.

If someone was close to me i would love to try it to see if it worked but won’t be buying parts for it until i know it can be done.

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ll just sit tight for a bit I guess. Thanks for the reply man.

If someone was close to me i would love to try it to see if it worked but won’t be buying parts for it until i know it can be done.
Don't forget about "Fairplayinc" getting his to work but had to go to the dealership to make it work.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Came across a pair of 2018 active mufflers, dont have actuators. Can the GT350 actuators bolt up to the muffler valves?? This will be on a 2015, set up independently via an open/close switch. thanks.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Came across a pair of 2018 active mufflers, dont have actuators. Can the GT350 actuators bolt up to the muffler valves?? This will be on a 2015, set up independently via an open/close switch. thanks.
I believe the GT350 actuators are different.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so it more than likely is a no go.
Maybe, maybe not. Since you're not going to care about what kind of connector it has, you may be fine. I don't know for sure, all I have to go off of is from @Roppolo_5oh and his parts list.

"Exhaust actuator motor (2) JR3Z-5K245-B ($248.85 each) Side note I originally ordered actuator motors FR3Z-FK245-A ($93.24 each) (These are for GT350 only and have a smaller 3 pin connector which will not work OEM harness)"

UnkTob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Hi all! Been digging through this thread, but it looks like the latest part numbers we have for the OEM active valve muffs are JR3Z-5230-FA & JR3Z-5230-FB, but those show as discontinued. Does anyone have the latest p/n’s for the OEM mufflers? Thanks!

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I scoured through this thread to see if there was any rhyme or reason to the car configuration. There are some missing data points but the short answer is that so far I don't see any trend.

If you see your name here and want to add some more information just let me know, or corrections. If you don't see your name here and would like to add it to the list just post all of the below variables.

Active_Exhaust_Plug.png
Haven't looked at this in a while. Mine is 401a, magride, security package etc. Literally every except factory active and Recaros
Sponsored