2019 Mustang GT intake noise?

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
Hello guys, as my paranoia continues I feel like I should get all the answers from you guys early on.
Car: 2019 Mustang GT with 500 miles on it. This is as you know my first ford mustang and first american sports car so I am not too familiar with noises these 5.0 engines make.

Every time I drive the car from the first gear to the fourth, I hear this intake fluttering noise at like 2k-3k rpms which goes away when you give throttle. Hard to describe it but feel like a fluttering intake vacuum noise in low gears.

The engine sounds great so its not an engine noise or the direct injector noise, it is coming from the intake I believe, almost like an air induction noise.

Do you guys have something similar in your 2018-2019 GT?
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Hello guys, as my paranoia continues I feel like I should get all the answers from you guys early on.
Car: 2019 Mustang GT with 500 miles on it. This is as you know my first ford mustang and first american sports car so I am not too familiar with noises these 5.0 engines make.

Every time I drive the car from the first gear to the fourth, I hear this intake fluttering noise at like 2k-3k rpms which goes away when you give throttle. Hard to describe it but feel like a fluttering intake vacuum noise in low gears.

The engine sounds great so its not an engine noise or the direct injector noise, it is coming from the intake I believe, almost like an air induction noise.

Do you guys have something similar in your 2018-2019 GT?
I've not heard anything like that on my 19 GT. That said try to relax and enjoy your awesome car. I have the 2k rattle and while I don't like it I'm not going to let it spoil my cool purchase either. These cars are insane when you come onto them.

Do what I'm doing. Don't mod the car & keep the warranty secure that way if something happens you are covered & there is no easy out for them.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
What OP is describing is the 2k rattle. It's either intake flutter or the DI system kicking in. Every 2018+ GT does it and it's nothing to worry about.

maxthegolden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
What OP is describing is the 2k rattle. It's either intake flutter or the DI system kicking in. Every 2018+ GT does it and it's nothing to worry about.
2018 gt rattled since day 1 , The car has 3000 miles on it, i had dealer borescope engine and found several cylinders scored....ford is replacing with new long block.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt rattled since day 1 , The car has 3000 miles on it, i had dealer borescope engine and found several cylinders scored....ford is replacing with new long block.
Ugh this makes my heart sink to read this. I'm worried I'm headed for a similar path. Long block that is the bottom end of the block right? Or is it the top section? But I guess this is what warranties are for :)

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Drivetrain warranty lasts for years. I wouldn't worry.

maxthegolden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
Ugh this makes my heart sink to read this. I'm worried I'm headed for a similar path. Long block that is the bottom end of the block right? Or is it the top section? But I guess this is what warranties are for :)
Long block is pretty much whole engine,less intake, exaust,

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What he said!!

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
It is very unlikely to be a major issue, if it is they will fix it. Just try to relax and enjoy your cool ride.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
What he said!!
If it truly is on all GT's I can't figure out how some people don't hear it. I like to drive with my window down and even with the music up fairly high I can still hear it rattle. On the plus side it never seems to change or get worse......... But its pretty loud:)

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
It is very unlikely to be a major issue, if it is they will fix it. Just try to relax and enjoy your cool ride.
Thx man! Yeah I try to remain calm and positive & even suggested the OP do the same & then up comes the new motor thing boom!

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If it truly is on all GT's I can't figure out how some people don't hear it. I like to drive with my window down and even with the music up fairly high I can still hear it rattle. On the plus side it never seems to change or get worse......... But its pretty loud:)
Once you hear the BANG,things will quiet down,and then a 6 week wait for Ford to get you a new engine.Drive and enjoy your car till the bang happens,don't worry about it !

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Once you hear the BANG,things will quiet down,and then a 6 week wait for Ford to get you a new engine.Drive and enjoy your car till the bang happens,don't worry about it !
Troll

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Dude..........

The likelihood that anything is wrong with your engine is tiny. Cars make noises, they all do.

The 2K RPM rattle is heard from the bottom of the engine, not at the intake area. Just relax.

OP
OP
2019fordmustang

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
Dude..........

The likelihood that anything is wrong with your engine is tiny. Cars make noises, they all do.

The 2K RPM rattle is heard from the bottom of the engine, not at the intake area. Just relax.
lol! Man its almost like a fluttering noise when you give gas and the air is sucked in. It happens at all gears but goes away after 2-3 k rpms. Feels like an induction noise.
Sponsored