Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
Don't change gear during the logging, read your tuners instructions well because you need to set what to tune first too
Yeah I just went through the email it says to start log 10 seconds before pull and stop 20 seconds after.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Also the data points to log, also your first tune if its Tune+ will have no power basically, I had less then my previous one as he's checking that everything looks good, it took 2-3 tunes before I had full power then a couple more for tweaks

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Locally the fastest i have seen stock turbo was 112mph, on a car tuned by adam on MS109, that car went 12.3. Seeing how the cars are making 430whp to trap 117 i doubt you can do that on a full weight car with the stock turbo.

As for the shift points i feel we are pushing the stock long block hard enough, so we are shifting at the stock 6500 shift points until we get a built short block in one of the cars
Considering cars have already gone 116-117 full weigh stock turbo I would respectfully disagree.

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
Also the data points to log, also your first tune if its Tune+ will have no power basically, I had less then my previous one as he's checking that everything looks good, it took 2-3 tunes before I had full power then a couple more for tweaks
I took it out and did the first 2 pulls. Both pulls psi boost were at 25. I was not expecting it to be that high. I also noticed that the car idles at 900 instead of 700-750. It doesnt feel rough in any way just different. It honestly did not feel too much different from stage 3 cobb. I'll keep you all updated as it goes.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
As for the shift points i feel we are pushing the stock long block hard enough, so we are shifting at the stock 6500 shift points until we get a built short block in one of the cars
These are my stock shift points in Drag Mode -

1st - 2nd - 6301
2nd - 3rd - 5974
3rd - 4th - 5758
4th - 5th - 5736
5th - 6th - 5744

Crosses the line at 5595 RPMs before the NX2.

Sponsored

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My turbo is being installed right now. Should be about 3 hours and I can start the data logging. Do you guys only data log the 3rd gear pull itself? Or just start in 1st and stop data log when you stop car?
I was doing 3rd gear pulls. My tuner asked for 6th gear pulls for my last two revisions. It looks like that provides much more info before it's not going through the RPMs as quick but I find it hard to get an open area on the highway with no cars behind me and no cars in front for at least a 1/4 mile. I don't want to blow by anyone or have someone call me in for a high speed run. It's one thing when it's not planned. Then I get he opportunity. It's not as easy when I set out to do it. My tuner requests pulls from 3K - 6K. I usually take it to about 6500. I make sure the road is clear as I'm driving with the RPMs just under 3K (Sport mode to hold the gear). I then activate the record function then lay into it when I confirm that it's recording. I stop recording when I have the opportunity to reach over to press the button after I get off the throttle. That's usually within a few seconds.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Thats what I do, except I haven't had to do a 6th gear pull, and goddamn I hit like 170kmph I think on 3rd gear, with the limits all being 100kmph anywhere near me... 6th gear would be insane.

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey folks, put my car on a dyno at last!

Have the full Function Factory turbo kit (NX2 turbo, Full Race IC, Full Race catless DP, Tial BOV), Solo Performance catback, and Ford CAI. Tuned by Ryan Martin at PD Tuning, 11th and final revision.

Made 382hp/464tq on the best run, using 93 octane gas.

XbuZvck.jpg

MnUq0GV.jpg

Last edited:

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^ Thats what I do, except I haven't had to do a 6th gear pull, and goddamn I hit like 170kmph I think on 3rd gear, with the limits all being 100kmph anywhere near me... 6th gear would be insane.
I had to look to see what year your car is. I'm at 74 MPH (119 KPH) with my 2018 (A10) at the top of 3rd. I found a deserted 1/2 mile long road a few minutes from me where I do 3rd gear pulls. I drive down the road to check for people. If I don't see anyone I turn around to make a pass going back then turn around to do another one. I was doing them on the highway but I didn't like having to slow down to 35 MPH (56 KPH) in a 65 zone. A local onramp was working pretty good too. I see 118 (189 KPH) when I do a 6th gear pull.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know a back road near me thats long, flat, trees off the road on each side and houses set back, theres so little streets attached to it so its easy to see whos around, do a few pulls and leave the area. Finding a good spot to do your data logging is important, here my car would be impounded for a month and Id lose my license for 3 months doing a single pull...

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
i get uncomfortable even doing 3rd gear WOTs on public roads as i'm just a bit under 100 MPH. can't imagine having to do a 6th gear pull....

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Nice stuff, is that on 93?
Yup, good ole 93 from Mobil, also edited the post to reflect that.

Also, sent the dyno sheet over to Ryan/PD Tuning and he's noticed the big torque variation between runs (look at the tq number for run 2 and 3). We'll see if I need some more data logging to do or if it was just a fluke. In general I am extremely pleased with the way my car runs now, its a fun (spring/summer/early fall) daily.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Hey folks, put my car on a dyno at last!

Have the full Function Factory turbo kit (NX2 turbo, Full Race IC, Full Race catless DP, Tial BOV), Solo Performance catback, and Ford CAI. Tuned by Ryan Martin at PD Tuning, 11th and final revision.

Made 382hp/464tq on the best run, using 93 octane gas.

XbuZvck.jpg

MnUq0GV.jpg
Very nice numbers on 93. How does it drive compared to the stock turbo?

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Very nice numbers on 93. How does it drive compared to the stock turbo?
Thanks! It's a great daily driver, there is a slightly longer (and I really do mean tiny) delay for boost than stock turbo but you can't notice it too much. This one spools up quick and easy, makes passing a breeze.
Sponsored

Last edited: