armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
This an issue with the S550 platform in general, not exclusive to the A10. I had the same issues with my 2015 GTPP. Got it balanced again. Shimmed the cross member which all made improvements but not enough for me to keep the DS in the car.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
This an issue with the S550 platform in general, not exclusive to the A10. I had the same issues with my 2015 GTPP. Got it balanced again. Shimmed the cross member which all made improvements but not enough for me to keep the DS in the car.
It’s worse with 2018+ cars as ford changed the pinion angle.

The driveshaft manufacturers know about this and aren’t saying anything to warn people the, and the vendors know about this and aren’t saying anything to warn people

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a

The driveshaft manufacturers know about this and aren’t saying anything to warn people the, and the vendors know about this and aren’t saying anything to warn people
Guess I got lucky!

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

How did they change the pinion angle?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
entire situation just blows me away, how are these companies able to release a product that then vibrates when it gets on the customers car? if its an issue with the car and different angles then these co’s need to account for that and not just leave it up to the end user to figure it out....i called cci, they were more then happy to quote me $940 for a custom shaft like 1320 chick + a little more for shipping...they didnt gaurantee it wouldnt vibrate...i asked if they ever installed one they said no, in 1320chicks case they went to her dads shop measured what they needed to and made it...i suppose her dads shop did the install....this is a clusterphuk if you ask me....i can continue to dish out $1000 at a time in search of a non vibrating DS, i can keep one of them and try other things like mentioned here a bolt and shim kit for the trans cross member etc etc...or roll the dice at 900+ hp with the stock one.
FWIW, we did the install on her car at her dads shop and we've not had an issue with vibrations at all. Drove the car over an hour to the track 6-8 different times, ran 9's, drove an hour back home. Not that he has a great reputation around here but when stangmode was he town, Jo gave him a ride in her car and he was astonished at how smooth the car was over 55. As you had mentioned, CCI did send one of their guys out to take measurements but we did install it.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Guess I got lucky!

My 2018 A10 has had an annoying rear vibration as delivered from the factory, Bone stock between 75-85 it's a rhythmic 'rump-rhump-rump ...' ,, I installed a G-Force DS and 1/2-shafts along with Steeda IRS and black carrier bushings and the rumping did not change, It is magnified due to the stiffer IRS bushings but I had no added vibration.

The DS is vibration free at 6700rpm in 8th gear ..

I've test drove a few more Mustangs since I bought mine to see if they had rear vibrations and everyone was nearly the same as mine,. So I figure there's something unique with the IRS setup.

I fought massive vibration issues with aluminum driveshafts on my S197 chassis 3v and finally cured it by installing adjustable Upper and Lower CA;s and adjusting the rear to the spot where the DS was happy.

Obviously that isn't an easy option on these cars.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
My 2018 A10 has had an annoying rear vibration as delivered from the factory, Bone stock between 75-85 it's a rhythmic 'rump-rhump-rump ...' ,, I installed a G-Force DS and 1/2-shafts along with Steeda IRS and black carrier bushings and the rumping did not change, It is magnified due to the stiffer IRS bushings but I had no added vibration.

The DS is vibration free at 6700rpm in 8th gear ..

I've test drove a few more Mustangs since I bought mine to see if they had rear vibrations and everyone was nearly the same as mine,. So I figure there's something unique with the IRS setup.

I fought massive vibration issues with aluminum driveshafts on my S197 chassis 3v and finally cured it by installing adjustable Upper and Lower CA;s and adjusting the rear to the spot where the DS was happy.

Obviously that isn't an easy option on these cars.

I now have a Steeda full rear suspension w/aluminum diff bushings. I get some NVH from that, but stock and even with the QA1 CF shaft, I had none. ???

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steve - which bushing kit do you have?

TJ

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is driveline angle still relevant when you’re using a one-piece shaft with a universal at one end and a CV at the other?
Eg. A CV can operate at any angle whereas if you’re using 2 x uni’s, they need to be within one degree of one another (ideally).

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
My gforce doesn’t have a cv

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I was afraid of this happening to me but I installed my DSS aluminum driveshaft and no vibrations, didn’t use any shims.

So far I have about 25 track passes and a few 300 mile road trips.

When I’m racing the car goes smoothly all the way to 170 with out issues (racetrack ).

I also have a combination of steeda / BMR suspension goodies that allow 0 play in the rear end. Due to this the car rides very stiff and there is mild vibration that I notice in the back window, this might be due to my Viking shocks being stiff. But it’s only noticeable after 80mph and it’s road dependent.
Sponsored