Sponsored

For all the not so happy crowd hearing just 760HP nothing special poll

Who here actually has a 700HP plus car and or had driven one?

• Total voters

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I just can't wait to hear the rants from new owners used to higher-end cars bitching about typical, horseshit Mustang fit and finish.
Sponsored

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Agreed, $100k is not rich. Besides, it's called financing and unless you have $hit credit and income. Most can afford a GT350 or GT500, it's not that hard if it's within your means. Like you have a job and it's not at Taco Bell.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I just can't wait to hear the rants from new owners used to higher-end cars bitching about typical, horseshit Mustang fit and finish.
If they don't know they're buying a Ford, then they're idoits. It's not a McLaren or Porsche.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
See what I did there?

Sponsored

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
My base model 18 is California smog legal and runs 10.50s@134 on 20s. Car is 4100 with me in it. On the 305/35/20 ET street SS, I can mash the throttle from a red light and it won't spin. According to the calculators, it makes 700hp ??
I will guarantee you that dual clutch 7speed with 760hp will be quicker than that.
Put that thing on drag radials and tune it up a bit or simply put it on E85 and smaller pulley and it will run 9s.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If they don't know they're buying a Ford, then they're idoits. It's not a McLaren or Porsche.
I seem to recall some Porsche converts being a little displeased here and there early on with GT350s.....

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
It is a good number, but I would think more will come. I for one have gotten used to the 650HP in the ZL1 and when getting on it hard after 2nd gear, that is when it is starting to get ho hum no big deal anymore. I have been talking to Rich Trupia at Redline about some upgrades.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
No doubt there are drivers out there who adequately used 760 hp. I'm almost certainly not one of them. My little gt350 has all of the hp and torque I need and a bit more than I can use during my daily spirited drives to and from.... For me (clearly not for everyone), this is a case of enough is enough.

Years ago, I was lifting a lot of iron, I was benching 535 on my 50th Birthday and I wanted MORE. So I pushed it, lifting heavy almost every day, thinking I could maybe get to 600. That's when my shoulder reminded me I was old (I suspect I would have blown up my 25 year old shoulder as well). I no longer lift heavy and no longer chase numbers that don't serve me. I also don't think of 760 HP as not enough. But, that's only one man's opinion. As a final note, I want to add that I was NATURALLY ASPIRATED as it were
eric 50 years arms.jpg

Sponsored

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
how in god's name do you fit in gt350 recaros - did you just cut the bolsters off with sawzall?
I don't have Recaros for that reason. I'm about 50# smaller now but, still think recaros would be rough.

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I know! I figured you had the other seats - I am only ~200 at 6'2" and my love handles rub. No problem to cut down to suit, but they are such skinny person chairs. I guess Ford figured the high functioning folks and porsche conquests who were into such a $$$$ Mustang would have mainly triathlete builds.

eric n

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I know! I figured you had the other seats - I am only ~200 at 6'2" and my love handles rub. No problem to cut down to suit, but they are such skinny person chairs. I guess Ford figured the high functioning folks and porsche conquests who were into such a $$$$ Mustang would have mainly triathlete builds.
In that pic I was 50 years old, 265-270# and I'm only 5'7". It was an absolutely ridiculous look, but at the time, I WANTED MORE..... kinda like 760 ponies. Sure there are a some excellent drivers who can effectively use 760, but I'm going to guess it's less than 10% of those who will purchase one. But, ultimately I'm a big fan of capitalism, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, pick one up. If it's not enough grunt, that's what pulley's and tunes are for. Additionally I suspect that Dustin Whipple and others would love to give you MORE BOOST.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
In that pic I was 50 years old, 265-270# and I'm only 5'7". It was an absolutely ridiculous look, but at the time, I WANTED MORE..... kinda like 760 ponies. Sure there are a some excellent drivers who can effectively use 760, but I'm going to guess it's less than 10% of those who will purchase one. But, ultimately I'm a big fan of capitalism, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, pick one up. If it's not enough grunt, that's what pulley's and tunes are for. Additionally I suspect that Dustin Whipple and others would love to give you MORE BOOST.
Sorry bro, I'm not buying you were naturally aspirated at 5'7" 265-270 pushing 535+.

Signed
Seth Feroce

PS - Not judging you, just not buying.
Sponsored