Sponsored

Handling package - Adjustable strut top mounts?

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
they prob didn't know. probably a new thing to have a new car come with uninstalled suspension parts, and they didn't arrive at the dealer till 2 weeks after my car did in my case.... everyone seemed confused and didn't know the process at all.....
Just got off the phone with the dealer. They had no idea. They checked and are mailing it out to me now. Honest mistake. They thought the handling package was the front splitter and gurney flap. It happens, but this thread saved me the headache of trying to explain it. I just messaged them the thread. Five minutes later they called back and apologized.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
they should install them for free.... and they should align it after install, so good opportunity to ask for more aggressive specs if you want to track the car....

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Jason's comment is right on the money. The price of the handling pack including installation.

OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
Just got off the phone with the dealer. They had no idea. They checked and are mailing it out to me now. Honest mistake. They thought the handling package was the front splitter and gurney flap. It happens, but this thread saved me the headache of trying to explain it. I just messaged them the thread. Five minutes later they called back and apologized.
Glad I started this thread, as it looks like many people were in the same boat as me. I contacted my dealer (Winner Ford in Dover, DE) and they are trying to track down the part as well. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sponsored

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
My dealer is a 100 or so miles away, but elected to have them mailed to me because I'd rather install later.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I go through phases, so Iā€™ll most likely just weekend drive this car. Iā€™m thinking about getting back into shooting again. We will see. At least the next owner will have it now.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mine weren't installed, had to ask the dealer for them and the cover. They told me the handling package and cover options don't arrive with the car and are shipped separately to the dealer. Had the camber plates installed a week after I got the car, but they're still trying to track down the cover.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Mine did the exact opposite as he installed the plates and left the flap in the trunk. That worked for me.
That's what they should be doing. Your dealership is on the ball.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Seems completely normal for a dealership :facepalm:

Nearly 4 years later and they're still messing things up with these cars. I wonder if they're still messing up the front splitter installations...
They are, mine came off and went under the car at high speed the other day. Heard a pop, the hood lifted slightly from the airflow change and my son said ā€œwe just left something big on the road behind usā€.

Sponsored

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
The cover came today, now I just need the plates.

19GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My apologies, the AC part number is apparently correct, but i'm not sure what that EB sticker is that you can see thru the hole would be, because here's some pics of mine where you can see that the actual part number wouldn't be visible thru that little hole... and a pic of the non adjustable plate so you can see better the differences:

MDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.jpg

MDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.jpg
I know these questions sound absurd, but Iā€™m just trying to be nice by giving my dealer the benefit of the doubt on what I actually believe is a botched factory camber plate (adjustable strut top mount) install.

Does anyone else with dealer-installed, factory camber plates have their Passenger Side plate on their Driver side, and vice versa? Are there actually different kits for LHD vs. RHD models?

I just picked up my new ā€™19 with the Handling Package last weekend, and I have found that the plate sticker on my Driver side says, ā€œPASSENGER SIDE,ā€ and vice versa. Aside from all the nonsense the dealer has been feeding me on this, is it at all possible that this is correct and/or they were shipped a RHD camber plate kit for my car?

Again, I know this all sounds absurd, but Iā€™m scheduled to get this fixed (at a different dealer) this week, and I sure donā€™t want to find out later that they were supposed to be this way.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I do not know either as I can not see any stickers on mine.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I dug out the instruction sheet that was left in the trunk of my car by my tech. I thought it would be an easy way to see if there was a difference in left and right. To my surprise the sheet is written in French and I do not speak French. But from the pictures the plates are definitely different and it looks to me that to would make a big difference if they are switched. So back to the dealer.
Sponsored