can't read it they don't allow ad blockers

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
And only Ā£300,000 - with the few thousand quid a year saving on petrol it should pay for itself in about a century.... And as for the 200 mile range with a 64 kWh battery pack...a phrase involving monkeys and butts springs to mind.

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
At least, unlike the folks who did the electric E-Types and DB5s, they are using freshly-made shells from the sounds of it. Rather that than have some rather lovely period donor cars having to go to the slaughter.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For those with adblock:

London-based Charge Automotive has confirmed that its electric Ford Mustang will make its debut at next monthā€™s Goodwood Festival of Speed.

The start-up company will produce 499 battery-powered examples of the iconic muscle car, using officially licensed 1960s-style bodyshells. Prices will start at Ā£300,000.

Fitted with a 64kWh battery pack and electric motors producing 469bhp, the limited-edition model is said to be significantly faster than the V8-powered Mk1 Mustang upon which it's based.

Charge Automotive claims a top speed of 149mph and 0-60mph time of 4.0sec from its creation, with torque output rated at 885lb ft.

The electric Mustangā€™s part-time four-wheel drive powertrain is supplied by EV technology company Arrival. It's claimed to have a range of 200 miles and is capable of 50kW DC charging.

Further details about the model remain scarce, but a personalised digital interface is said to feature as part of a ā€˜high-endā€™ interior.

Reservations are open now, with first deliveries expected in September.

Charge Automotive is the latest firm to add to the growing number of zero-emissions classic cars. California-based Zero Labs recently revealed a retro-inspired electric Ford Bronco, while mainstream manufacturers Aston Martin and Jaguar have begun producing converted versions of their iconic DB6 Volante and E-Type sports cars.

And if you want to see the car:
https://charge.cars/#product

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Lol, nah...

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I've been told today by the local Ford dealer that there's an electric Mustang SUV coming to the UK next year :crying:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I've been told today by the local Ford dealer that there's an electric Mustang SUV coming to the UK next year :crying:
Yes the supposed Mustang SUv lookalike where there was contravesy about the name to call it. It's gonna be between the size of a Kuga and Edge.
Not sure why Ford don't bring the hybrid Explorer here, rather than these tiny SUVs which are not any more useful than a hatchback.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Early reports said the hybrid Explorer will be coming to Europe, including the UK. Iā€™d rather fancy one of those but expect the price tag to be the best part of 50k.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked and although coming to Europe won't be coming to UK. I'd be willing to pay a similar price to say a Hyundai Santa Fe - so about Ā£40k

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well thatā€™s a shame, I wouldā€™ve given up my mustang for one of those. I test drove the Edge a couple of years ago and while no doubt being adequate in quality and practicality it was jus dull and uninteresting to drive.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I don't know why Ford send cars from the US and then give them to Ford UK to make them worse

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I would like to buy an EV < 40k. Not yet seen one on the market that interest me.
Sponsored