Sponsored

Trying to purchase 2019 Roush Mustang GT.

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Hello, I am in a market trying to purchase 2019 Roush GT( A regular GT with supercharger. Not a jackhammer or stage 3), and i have some warranty question.
I am aware of Roush warranty which is 3yr/36000 limited to $11500, but I spoke with a dealership today, and they told me they will offer me 5yr/60000 powertrain warranty(Dealer told me once the blower is installed, they will send the document to ford, and I will be qualified for the warranty work, sales manager came up to me spoke with ford rep and service rep to gain my trust) if all the maintenance is kept up( they prefer me to bring the vehicle to themselves for maintenance ) and any powertrain warranty will also be covered by themselves. I have double checked and triple checked multiple times to make sure that I am getting powertrain warranty 5yr/60000, but the only question is can I trust their words. Would be great if I can some inputs on to this. From my close people they said I will be in good shape as long as I do not modify( which I will not) and ask for the written document of the warranty when I sign up for the vehicle, but I am not still sure
Thanks!
Sponsored

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
It will always come down to "do you have that in writing".

Dealerships will promise you the moon...

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Hello, I am in a market trying to purchase 2019 Roush GT( A regular GT with supercharger. Not a jackhammer or stage 3), and i have some warranty question.
I am aware of Roush warranty which is 3yr/36000 limited to $11500, but I spoke with a dealership today, and they told me they will offer me 5yr/60000 powertrain warranty(Dealer told me once the blower is installed, they will send the document to ford, and I will be qualified for the warranty work, sales manager came up to me spoke with ford rep and service rep to gain my trust) if all the maintenance is kept up( they prefer me to bring the vehicle to themselves for maintenance ) and any powertrain warranty will also be covered by themselves. I have double checked and triple checked multiple times to make sure that I am getting powertrain warranty 5yr/60000, but the only question is can I trust their words. Would be great if I can some inputs on to this. From my close people they said I will be in good shape as long as I do not modify( which I will not) and ask for the written document of the warranty when I sign up for the vehicle, but I am not still sure
Thanks!

All they have to do is put it in writing.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
A Ford rep doesn't have the authorization to warranty an aftermarket product. Get anything they tell you in writing and triple check it.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Get it in writing signed by the highest athority possible at the dealer

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Stage 2 Roush and just purchased a Roush SC. The entire powertrain warranty isn't technically voided. Only the parts they replace and add are not covered. Also, any damage caused by the supercharger isn't covered by ford but by Roush up to a certain amount for 3 years and 36000 miles. For instance you buy a stage 2, add a SC, and blow the half shafts out no dealer can guarantee you Ford is going to cover you. Neither will Roush. As far as I know there's no "Ford covers all your mods" warranty and Roush SC is a mod no matter who installs it.

At the end of the day if you buy a Roush from a Roush dealer they will most likely take care of you. Especially a large one. Btw, I've never seen or heard of a Roush owner complain of not getting service on their warrantied car from a Roush dealer and I'm a member of several Roush groups.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious. How much horsepower will the Roush GT have ?
Same exact power. But, with the better tires, suspension and the Roush stickers you'll be faster. ; )

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
They are rated at 710 crank
Stage 2 now means everything but Supercharger unfortunately. Mine is identical, engine bay wise, to a normal GT.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 2 now means everything but Supercharger unfortunately. Mine is identical, engine bay wise, to a normal GT.
yes that's true, Stage 1 is an Ecoboost with roush bodykit, Stage 2 is a GT with Roush bodykit, and the Stage 3 gets all the goodies, Supercharger, Coilovers, Ford Performance Halfshafts
Sponsored