Sponsored

Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
So how has the turbo been for you? I just got mine and going to install next week.
It's definitely a noticeable difference over the stock turbo. I received tune revision #5 tonight. He said things look good so I think we're almost done.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sorry to hear about your experience i dont know if it can be done on 93 as i dont have 93 here its 89 or 100 on the pumps, the stock fuel system will do a glory dyno pass at 390wph without water injection, but when racing at the track the hpfp will loose pressure on gear change, if you want more power after that you are going to need aux fueling. 31 psi seems to be near the limit of what the nx2 turbo will do, after that you will get higher psi on the midrange and it will drop down to 31 psi.

I think the nx2 turbo is a great turbo for ecoboost owners that will never go forged and port injected, at the power my clients are using their cars they will outrun most bolt on GTs both on the street and the track, i do make them aware that they are very close to the engine limits and that reduced engine life is to be expected.
Are you saying your customers are running mid to low 11s@120-122? That's what Bolt on 18-19GTs run. Even my 15 ran 11.5@117 on e85tune and exhaust.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Are you saying your customers are running mid to low 11s@120-122? That's what Bolt on 18-19GTs run. Even my 15 ran 11.5@117 on e85tune and exhaust.
Out of my four clients with nx2's 2 of them are at 11.7@117, the other went 11.8@117, and later went 7.3 on the 1/8 mile, much faster than the 7.5's the other two ran, the fourth one has gone 12.4@115 this one has less power than the other three on the dyno, but he is still using a catted DP.

All of them using 100 octane fuel and 50/50 water/meth, all of them full weight, and all of them are using stock sized drag radials.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of my four clients with nx2's 2 of them are at 11.7@117, the other went 11.8@117, and later went 7.3 on the 1/8 mile, much faster than the 7.5's the other two ran, the fourth one has gone 12.4@115 this one has less power than the other three on the dyno, but he is still using a catted DP.

All of them using 100 octane fuel and 50/50 water/meth, all of them full weight, and all of them are using stock sized drag radials.
Do you make any adjustments to the WOT shift points when you're tuning them? Something that I think is important but don't see mentioned much is shifting at higher RPMs to take advantage of the additional power in that range. Mine is an '18. I use Drag Mode at the track. I feel some of the stock shift points are too soon.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile

That honestly is very underwhelming to read. You can run those same numbers stock turbo and same fuel/meth combo with ease. Those turbos should be going into the 120mph range with ease.

Sponsored

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
That honestly is very underwhelming to read. You can run those same numbers stock turbo and same fuel/meth combo with ease. Those turbos should be going into the 120mph range with ease.
I am impressed. I would love to trap 117-120mph with a stock long block.

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
It's definitely a noticeable difference over the stock turbo. I received tune revision #5 tonight. He said things look good so I think we're almost done.
Are you seeing gains in each revision? Or is it just feeling the same as he adjust things. Ive never been pro tuned before so I will have the new turbo and pro tune done at the same time. Just trying to get a good idea of the way it works.

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
I have an A6 2017 with 18k miles
NX2 turbo
Full MAP catless exhaust
Speed factory IC
Cp-e outside charge pipe
DV bits + blowoff valve
Airaid inlet tube with stock air box
1 step gapped plugs
Ames oil 5/30

I am.on my 3rd revision. 4th should be soon. From what I understand it takes about 5 revisions to dial the car in (ECU) 92 octane.

Right now I am impressed. The bottom end was very soggy with the base tune.
Right now I am loving it. The car pulls so...hard after 4500 RPM all the way to 6500 RPM at WOT.

This turbo needs more timing and octane to make more power. Adam says that on pump gas the NX2 makes about 350 who and 400 whp with E30. The engine can make power with axillary fuel. I don't see any reason for much more than that. Head gasket and head studs should be preventive maintenance at this point. Get a built block and head for 450whp+

I am telling you. The Turbo pulls way different from 4500 to redline.

Yes, some people really push the stock turbos to the max. I am sure a lot of those numbers are hero runs. Drag strip or dyno. Hero runs also include weight reduction and drag tires front/rear. I am talking about real world get in and go power. Most tuners btw will do their best to keep the engine safe.

The NX2 gives room to grow and is a lot of fun.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I am impressed. I would love to trap 117-120mph with a stock long block.
Throw bolt-ons and 100 octane with meth on a stock turbo you'll trap 117 easy. This turbo should be doing beyond that with ease on 100 octane and meth injection.

Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Throw bolt-ons and 100 octane with meth on a stock turbo you'll trap 117 easy. This turbo should be doing beyond that with ease on 100 octane and meth injection.
Locally the fastest i have seen stock turbo was 112mph, on a car tuned by adam on MS109, that car went 12.3. Seeing how the cars are making 430whp to trap 117 i doubt you can do that on a full weight car with the stock turbo.

As for the shift points i feel we are pushing the stock long block hard enough, so we are shifting at the stock 6500 shift points until we get a built short block in one of the cars

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you seeing gains in each revision? Or is it just feeling the same as he adjust things. Ive never been pro tuned before so I will have the new turbo and pro tune done at the same time. Just trying to get a good idea of the way it works.
The most noticeable gain was going from the base tune to the first revision. That really woke it up! I sometimes don't notice much of a difference between revisions when I'm data logging because I'm focusing on getting the 3rd or 6th gear pull over with and hoping there aren't any police around. :) Overall I can tell that it keeps getting better. David described it very well. It's a whole different car from 4500 to redline.

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
The most noticeable gain was going from the base tune to the first revision. That really woke it up! I sometimes don't notice much of a difference between revisions when I'm data logging because I'm focusing on getting the 3rd or 6th gear pull over with and hoping there aren't any police around. :) Overall I can tell that it keeps getting better. David described it very well. It's a whole different car from 4500 to redline.
My turbo is being installed right now. Should be about 3 hours and I can start the data logging. Do you guys only data log the 3rd gear pull itself? Or just start in 1st and stop data log when you stop car?