Are the Recaro Seats Comfortable?????

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
From my experience, the power seat bases seem to weigh about 10-15 pounds each. So that’s at least 20-30 lbs saved with Recaros.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
and yet not a single person knows the weight difference? I guess you guys "say" your about the performance, but really just want the cars and coffee styling points
My GT350 came with Recaros so I never pulled them out to scale them. My last GT500 didn't come with Recaros (nor were they available at the time) but I did swap in a pair of Recaros I bought from FRPP.

zz Recaro seat swap.jpg
zz Recaro seat swap3.jpg

I can only say that there was no 20-30lb weight difference. They were much closer than that. The weight of the power lumbar and seat track together was a minor gain over that of the original seat. I know this because I disassembled each seat (total of 4 seats) to swap seat tracks, lumbar mechanism, and skins (the Recaros came in cloth and I swapped them out for '13 GT500 skins).

I doubt this has changed much. There really isn't much savings in terms of weight. The heating and cooling system now used is likely bare bones as well.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My GT350 came with Recaros so I never pulled them out to scale them. My last GT500 didn't come with Recaros (nor were they available at the time) but I did swap in a pair of Recaros I bought from FRPP.

zz Recaro seat swap.jpg
zz Recaro seat swap3.jpg

I can only say that there was no 20-30lb weight difference. They were much closer than that. The weight of the power lumbar and seat track together was a minor gain over that of the original seat. I know this because I disassembled each seat (total of 4 seats) to swap seat tracks, lumbar mechanism, and skins (the Recaros came in cloth and I swapped them out for '13 GT500 skins).

I doubt this has changed much. There really isn't much savings in terms of weight. The heating and cooling system now used is likely bare bones as well.

damn, now im torn. i like the styling and would have cheered for weight savings, but after finally experiencing cooled seats in the summer.. maybe i want them.. decisions decisions

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
damn, now im torn. i like the styling and would have cheered for weight savings, but after finally experiencing cooled seats in the summer.. maybe i want them.. decisions decisions
The reduction of swamp ass and ball sweat is worth vented seats for me. Minnesota summers tend to be short but humid as hell.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They are tight if you are over-weight.

I like the tightness when driving the car at speeds as it was intended. You can feel the car move around in a high speed corner.
Yes unless you’re really fat
It really doesn't matter if you are fat. The seats don't interact with your belly.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm 6'0" 185lbs and the GT350 Recaros fit but are snug. If I were any bigger I don't think they would be comfortable. For any drive over about 5 minutes I pull my wallet out of my pocket.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
My shoulders would not even come close to fitting into the Recaro's.

God bless ya if you can fit in there.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
For the 15 times per year and the 1,000 miles per year Iam going to put on my car Iam going with the standard seats that come with the car. Iam guessing the Recaro's are going to be pricey and it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My shoulders would not even come close to fitting into the Recaro's.

God bless ya if you can fit in there.
Even the comfort seats are too narrow in the shoulder area. The middle of my back between my shoulders wouldn't touch the seat unless I hunched my shoulders forward.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Even the comfort seats are too narrow in the shoulder area. The middle of my back between my shoulders wouldn't touch the seat unless I hunched my shoulders forward.
Agreed, I can make the seats in my GT work though. Took it on a 2800 mile road trip a little over a week ago and was pretty comfortable.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
For the 15 times per year and the 1,000 miles per year Iam going to put on my car Iam going with the standard seats that come with the car. Iam guessing the Recaro's are going to be pricey and it wouldn't be worth it for me.
I'm not sure the Recaros will be optional, on the contrary I think the "standard" seat will be the option for those who want comfort. We should know soon.

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Don’t sweat the comfort, the Recaro seats are worth about 17 RWHP, pretty sure there’s a dyno out there that shows this

Hack is right the belly don’t impact your drivability just your mount/dismount grace, for example ...

Sponsored