Sponsored

What do y'all think of these wheels? Anyone running Vorsteiner's?

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
I called the manufacturer today and they only weigh ~25lbs per wheel (24.5 lbs/25.7 lbs I believe is what he said) despite a pretty involved wheel face.

What are your thoughts? Too busy looking maybe? I enjoy European auto culture (which is what these remind me of), but would these look alright on an Oxford white mustang gt?
v-ff-111_page_hero.jpg
58626068_440760720016649_5807926511867234094_n.jpg
53840205_2345732292150844_2919579185574587363_n.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to point out how intricate the design is and how many little nooks you'll have to worry about cleaning. My buddy has a set on his stang and he loves them and keeping his car clean, but he hates cleaning those wheels!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
They have some really nice looking finishes! I would choose one of their other styles like the 101 or 103 but that's just personal preference.

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just want to point out how intricate the design is and how many little nooks you'll have to worry about cleaning. My buddy has a set on his stang and he loves them and keeping his car clean, but he hates cleaning those wheels!
That’s a good point, didn’t really think about that... maybe ceramic coating would help keep them clean?

As far as the wheel design, do you think it’s “too much”? I was originally going to get the VS forged vs07 wheels until I found out they’d take around 12 weeks to be delivered...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a good point, didn’t really think about that... maybe ceramic coating would help keep them clean?

As far as the wheel design, do you think it’s “too much”? I was originally going to get the VS forged vs07 wheels until I found out they’d take around 12 weeks to be delivered...
I lied about him having these exact ones apparently, his are the XO Luxury ones that look quite similar: https://www.xoluxurywheels.com/xo-aftermarket-wheels/phoenix-xo-custom-wheels.php

His are coated which does help, but they still get some dirt and if you're anal about that, it's tough.

Even mine which don't have quite as many spokes are a pain and I leave em most of the time (also because I don't have a pressure washer or anything).

Sponsored

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lied about him having these exact ones apparently, his are the XO Luxury ones that look quite similar: https://www.xoluxurywheels.com/xo-aftermarket-wheels/phoenix-xo-custom-wheels.php

His are coated which does help, but they still get some dirt and if you're anal about that, it's tough.

Even mine which don't have quite as many spokes are a pain and I leave em most of the time (also because I don't have a pressure washer or anything).
Haha I kinda figured, these don't ship into the USA until this Monday. I can get them for $300 off retail (presale) if I decide by Monday and I'm having a really hard time making this decision lol. I just don't want TOO much attention for having crazy wheels. The cleaning thing I can get over, they aren't black wheels which helps.

Ah, decisions decisions...

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I think they'd look great on oxford white which is what I also have. My only issue would be cleaning them. Just have to get the right size tools for the job.

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they'd look great on oxford white which is what I also have. My only issue would be cleaning them. Just have to get the right size tools for the job.
I think the finish perfectly complements Oxford white, especially the white inlays on the center caps.

I was hoping someone who owns Vorsteiner’s could chyme in, I feel like the carbon graphite is a nice finish that would hold dirt relatively well

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
They're interesting looking, but 30 holes... and the largest spokes stick out further than the lip of the wheel. There would be no forgiveness if you ever touched a curb...

OP
OP
ghost5.0

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Created a rendering of what these could possibly look like after the swap from OEM 20s. Still unsure about the design, although after hours of research I can verify it is a pretty good quality wheel company and the finish would look good.

What do you mean by cleaning tools? I’ve never heard of special tools to clean wheels lol
1DA1F7B7-5927-49BE-BFE1-3F6482544B87.jpeg

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I really like the look on the car! They are unique but in a good way. I think they look expensive. :)

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
They look good, kinda of a different take on mesh wheels.

But like stated. I wouldn't want to clean them.

Last edited:

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Hey,

We can get you a great deal on those Vorsteiner wheels or any of their other Mustang fitment wheels.

Feel free to contact me and we'll get you setup!

-Josh

Sleipner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 Fastback
I would go for the 102's. Easy to clean and they will look really cool on a S550.
Too much "bling" is not the way to go on an American muscle car...

I'm from europe and have owned both BMW M3s and Mercedes AMG's and even though I love the look on that type of cars/wheels it's not what I wan't to see on a Mustang.

I've went for the P6GR myself to go clean and get rid of the nightmarish stock PP wheels that I always manage to miss a spot or two on when cleaning...

It's quite funny actually. Over here, we get rid of the fake gas lid on the rear while I see many of you guys looking for them to put on your cars :p
Can't we just arrange a swap-meet somewhere on Iceland or so and just exchange keys?