Sponsored

Early look at 2020 Shelby GT500 Options

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Can any of you guys out there that are "In the Know" please explain to me all the different "options" on those stripes packages???? Iam an older fellow and find it quite confusing. Just hear me out for a second, as an example the "Ebony Stripes" package is listed "twice" with 2 different code numbers. I can't really understand what they are trying to say??? Another question would be is the "Vinal Stripes", are they only available in "white"???? Why not black too??? Like I say I find it quite confusing. Since Iam getting a car I hope somebody can help me out. THANK YOU.
You say "since I am getting a car" you must already have a dealer, who has allocation, and who has it available for you. Given all that why not spend a Saturday morning with them configuring and learning what specifically you can get and for what price? No ones expertise here will beat what the system and allocation reality will determine you can get. That's what I would do...in fact that's exactly what I did do for my MY19 GT350 order. Ever year has it's options quirks and every dealer different allocations for many of those package determined options.
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
You say "since I am getting a car" you must already have a dealer, who has allocation, and who has it available for you. Given all that why not spend a Saturday morning with them configuring and learning what specifically you can get and for what price? No ones expertise here will beat what the system and allocation reality will determine you can get. That's what I would do...in fact that's exactly what I did do for my MY19 GT350 order. Ever year has it's options quirks and every dealer different allocations for many of those package determined options.
Hello "Mrbillwot"; THANK YOU for your feed back. I can tell you that my dealer is the nicest guy in the whole wide world but they DO NOT HAVE ANY INFO on the car as of TODAY. NOTHING, NADA, NO WHERE ETC ETC ETC. I have gotten much more info from you guys than anywhere else. Can you tell me this: If a person goes with the "VINYL STRIPES" WILL THEY OFFER THEM IN "BLACK"?????? My dealer will NOT be getting any Golden tickets, silver tickets, bronze tickets or pink tickets. So most likely I will have to find a local "after market shop" here to put on black vinyl stripes unless thats an option from the factory. Anyone that knows Please Chime in. I would use cuss words about this Golden Ticket thing but that would hurt you're guys's ears.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Hello "Mrbillwot"; THANK YOU for your feed back. I can tell you that my dealer is the nicest guy in the whole wide world but they DO NOT HAVE ANY INFO on the car as of TODAY. NOTHING, NADA, NO WHERE ETC ETC ETC. I have gotten much more info from you guys than anywhere else. Can you tell me this: If a person goes with the "VINYL STRIPES" WILL THEY OFFER THEM IN "BLACK"?????? My dealer will NOT be getting any Golden tickets, silver tickets, bronze tickets or pink tickets. So most likely I will have to find a local "after market shop" here to put on black vinyl stripes unless thats an option from the factory. Anyone that knows Please Chime in. I would use cuss words about this Golden Ticket thing but that would hurt you're guys's ears.
Yes you will be able to get black/ebony vinyl stripes on any base car.

BCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Single CD? I thought those were gone. Do the GT350s still have single CD?
For 2019, the CD was dropped, but it is included with the optional B&O system which on the GT350 is part of in the $2,000 Technology Package option.

Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well, we know it's going to cost less than $100,000 so that's good. That is if I'm reading that right.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My gut feeling is that it might crack $100K with all the boxes ticked. Or be damn close....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Awesome. My gut must just be craving a beer on this Friday afternoon....

Still going to be out of reach for this mere peasant of an engineer. :frown: At least new.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Crazy, wild-ass guess. But to be even remotely competitive with ZL1/Hellcat ponycars it's going to have to be in their ballpark in terms of cost.

At least to start. From there it could get crazy, IMO, hence my gut feel....if a 2-door Jeep Wrangler can get close to $60K these days, the GT500 could break new ground.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
What makes you think its going to cost less than $100K????? Or is that just a guess on your part???????
MSRP should be $75,000 or less.
All options checked around $90,000

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
MSRP should be $75,000 or less.
All options checked around $90,000
Hoping base comes in just under $70,000. And even at that price, it’s significantly more than the competition (Hellcat & ZL

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
everyone thought the gt350 would be 85k+ for base. look how that turned out

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Too bad nobody (more or less) can actually buy a GT500 since, essentially, any given dealer will only be allotted one or two cars, the line is long, and in a lot of cases the dealer/owner, a buddy/insider or someone willing to pay significantly over MSRP will get the allotment. I don't see why Ford can't produce enough to meet demand. It's hard to get excited about such a car when your local dealer says it will be very, very hard (read, impossible) to get....
Sponsored