Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I guess this would cater to gt more than eb. I don’t have any noise from trunk that I can think to try to block. Quiet exhaust
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I guess this would cater to gt more than eb. I don’t have any noise from trunk that I can think to try to block. Quiet exhaust
My EcoBoost is NOT quiet with 3" CVF downpipe and 3" MBRP race exhaust! :) Sound deadening is definitely something I am looking to do.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
It was rolled up in the box a minute before I took the picture, it relaxed and reformed over night.
20190620_204048.jpg
20190621_053005.jpg
Looking at your latest pics, I wish they offered the mat as a dedicated rather than modular piece. I would have loved to see the cut continue flush to the sub, rather than the puzzle tabs. And if the puzzle tabs were cut off, it would leave even more of a gap than already present for stuff to collect. I love the idea, just not so much the execution. My 2 cents.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
It was rolled up in the box a minute before I took the picture, it relaxed and reformed over night.
How well is it blocking sound for you?

Does everyone wait for these to go on sale or use the 10% off code when it goes live? Every time I pull the trigger on any new part the company runs a "insert holiday here" sale about two weeks later.

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
How well is it blocking sound for you?

Does everyone wait for these to go on sale or use the 10% off code when it goes live? Every time I pull the trigger on any new part the company runs a "insert holiday here" sale about two weeks later.
I got mine on CARiD's ebay page when ebay had a 13 percent bucks promo deal going on.

I've only got my drive into work so far and it did sound a bit quieter, maybe less harsh tones from the rear? I have plans to add some more sound deadening in other places still and this is just one part of that for me. I'm trying to drop a lot of wieght in the drive train and then add a little back in insulation to keep the car very comfortable on long trips.

Sponsored

Danmg202

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt- 401a - PP1
Looking at your latest pics, I wish they offered the mat as a dedicated rather than modular piece. I would have loved to see the cut continue flush to the sub, rather than the puzzle tabs. And if the puzzle tabs were cut off, it would leave even more of a gap than already present for stuff to collect. I love the idea, just not so much the execution. My 2 cents.
I think with the tabs off it would actually sit nicely around the sub, it's got a bit of a stepped foot at the bottom of the sub the tabs are riding up on. I'm planning to get rid of my sub anyhow.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I got mine on CARiD's ebay page when ebay had a 13 percent bucks promo deal going on.

I've only got my drive into work so far and it did sound a bit quieter, maybe less harsh tones from the rear? I have plans to add some more sound deadening in other places still and this is just one part of that for me. I'm trying to drop a lot of wieght in the drive train and then add a little back in insulation to keep the car very comfortable on long trips.
Thanks for the info. I had Borla ATAKS and then added LT headers. Back to the stock cat back now for long trip comfort, would still like to quiet the small amount of NVH from my BMR cradle lockout kit though. Plan on buying this sound deadener if I can find it on sale or just buying a few moving blankets. I read those are great at blocking sound for the price, plus they can be useful if you need them.

rich67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang gt
my problem is that most of the road noise in my gt comes from the front of the car..how do I solve that??

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
In stock & ready to ship!

Sorry. I have not been able to get on the forums as much as I would like. So I apologize for the late replies!

If you need us please always feel free to contact us via email [email protected] or Call 1800 778 9898

Also we have put a 10% coupon in place for july and august . Just type in " mustang6g " (No caps no space no quotes)

BTW, another reason we are tied up is that we are working on another pretty cool unique product for you guys. I think you will like it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
An old queen sized synthetic comforter, folded over a few times, and with a Weathertech liner on top works pretty good too.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
An old queen sized synthetic comforter, folded over a few times, and with a Weathertech liner on top works pretty good too.
I can't see that combination working that good at all. I get the comforter thing but you will reverse any sound reduction by adding the weathertech. The fact its made from hard rubber/plastic will not absorb any of the ambient sound. It will just bounce off of it..

The Blockit's 4 layers are designed to absorb and suppress annoying frequencies/ noise.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, I won't be getting the Weathertech liner then. Thanks for the tip. :like:

I've had an old comforter in the back for an emergency blanket for the last few months. I've been contemplating putting a rubber liner over it for when I haul stuff home from the store. I may not bother now. I noticed just the blanket helps quiet things down. I also have a spare pillow stuffed behind the passenger side trunk liner carpet in the gap between the illumination module and the rear quarter panel. You just never know when you may get stranded. LOL

Deleted member 35786

Agree.
Are there any test results from TKO or an independent organization to verify this claim? I can get foam at Lowes or Home depot and cut to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Agree.
Are there any test results from TKO or an independent organization to verify this claim? I can get foam at Lowes or Home depot and cut to fit.
The best non bias feedback we have would be from the members here on this forum. If you do a search or search our threads you will find many positive comments regarding the product

I can get foam at Lowes or Home depot and cut to fit.
You can. You could also buy dense gym flooring, "Peel n Stick", thick carpet, ....etc none of which will work nearly as good.

Well, I won't be getting the Weathertech liner then. Thanks for the tip. :like:

I've had an old comforter in the back for an emergency blanket for the last few months. I've been contemplating putting a rubber liner over it for when I haul stuff home from the store. I may not bother now. I noticed just the blanket helps quiet things down. I also have a spare pillow stuffed behind the passenger side trunk liner carpet in the gap between the illumination module and the rear quarter panel. You just never know when you may get stranded. LOL
Filling up your trunk trunk with a large dense blanket type item would help however it still would not be as efficient as the Blockit which not only absorbs ambient sound (like your trunk filled of comforter & pillows) but one of the four layers on the Blockit is designed to stop/suppresses irritating noise from coming up through the floor.
Another key factor is your not giving up any trunk space with the blockit.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.