Sponsored

Post rear end incident

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
So two years ago my mustang was rear ended in bumper to bumper traffic. Took it to the body shop and they said most of the damage was just the bumper.

Replaced the bumper and all seemed well except now I notice the car creaks pretty bad from the c pillar. Mostly when I just start it and turn in any direction. Once it's been moving around for a while I don't notice it. But speed bumps or inclines cause creaking.

Is this normal mustang wear after 3 years of ownership or is it due to that accident? Finally, is there any way to fix it?

Thanks y'all.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would venture to guess it's just a new noise, unrelated. If only the rear fascia was damaged I cannot see how a noise started in the c-pillar much later or even right after the accident. Do you have any pics of the original damage?

I had a noise in the c-pillar area on my '05 and I had my brother drive it while I tracked down the noise which was behind the plastic c-pillar cover not that it's the same answer for you. A good tech can track down a noise

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Check out your rear vertical links and sway bar bushings. Those are wear items, and over time, the bushings in each will begin to creak or squeak. When the rear of the car flexes, such as when going up a driveway at an angle, an uneven load across the rear will cause movement of the links and sway bar.

JR
Sponsored