Hellion street sleeper ?s

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my special order 19' gt. It should arrive in late july. This has left me with an abundance of time to plan what i want to do in the future. I know I definitely want boost. I am really liking the street sleeper kit and am definitely thinking this is the direction i plan to go, but i have questions I can't seem to find answers too in old threads.
My car will not be daily driven but I still want something reliable. I don't plan on doing much track time, it will be 99% just fun weekend drives. That said, I am a little confused on the order form as to what options are needed. I am pretty sure the base turbo is fine for my needs and I like the black out package. Is there any significant difference between getting the header kit vs just the required header for install for numbers? Is the tuner required or does the kit come standard with some way to flash the base tune? If one does elect for the tuner/fuel upgrade is this all done remotely?

Thank you guys for any assistance to help understand the true cost of this kit
Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Most of this depends on what your goals are. I got my kit through @LethalPerformance and they helped me with the options to make sure the kit would reach my goals.

The base turbos are are fine. The BB upgrade for me would be a must. I happened to have two 6466 precision’s so I opted to use them. Wish I had screamer covers lol but it still whistles.

I am using the standard drivers side “truck” header. I’m not shooting for 1k hp so no need for upgraded manifolds for me. My goals are only 725-750rwhp

I went with the 95 DSW injectors because I have e85 in the area and may want to switch later on. Running stock pump with a JMS boost a pump

I would highly recommend the Palm Beach Dyno custom tune w/ngauge option. Rob has my car running and shifting like factory. This was done remotely on the street making pulls and flashing updates I received from him usually within the same day. The longest part of the process was me getting a clear day out to grab a good log. I believe they offer packages now as well so you can shoot them a message as well.

Any other questions I’d be happy to answer the best I can.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I upgraded the headers on mine and went with precision 6266 Journal Bearing Turbos. If money is not a huge concern I would do the headers and BB turbos because you install it once and you are done. the base turbos and stock header option will meet your goals easily. The install is a bit more difficult with the base turbo because they are water cooled. Jon Lund Jr. tunes my car and it has done really well. I hear good things about PBH as well but most of the people I know using PBH have to wait a long time for revisions. Lund appears to tune more conservative as well. I would skip the BAP and go straight for Fore Stage 1 if you plan to do E85. It is much safer to run e85 if you have access to it. Might want to budget for a boost controller too. The turbo is a more expensive option but it gives you a ton of headroom and adjustability. My car makes 7psi of the waste gates and that is more than enough for the street.

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I upgraded the headers on mine and went with precision 6266 Journal Bearing Turbos. If money is not a huge concern I would do the headers and BB turbos because you install it once and you are done. the base turbos and stock header option will meet your goals easily. The install is a bit more difficult with the base turbo because they are water cooled. Jon Lund Jr. tunes my car and it has done really well. I hear good things about PBH as well but most of the people I know using PBH have to wait a long time for revisions. Lund appears to tune more conservative as well. I would skip the BAP and go straight for Fore Stage 1 if you plan to do E85. It is much safer to run e85 if you have access to it. Might want to budget for a boost controller too. The turbo is a more expensive option but it gives you a ton of headroom and adjustability. My car makes 7psi of the waste gates and that is more than enough for the street.
What kind of power are you making with your set up?

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
What is system capable of in its most basic form?

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
There is also Limitless Performance and Fabrications mid-mount turbo setup. Also Aldo Welds makes a mid mount set up as well.
I personally went with LPF's kit.
You have the option to choose your turbo size from 62's to 67's I believe.
I went with 6265's for mine.
I also got their fuel system and had LPF tune it. Still on stock headers.
On 11lbs mine made over 950whp.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What is system capable of in its most basic form?
My car is setup for about 850 RWHP until I build the motor. That is enough HP to go deep in the 9s at 4050lbs. The kit in its basic form is capable of that level or more. Once you get over 800RWHP you are going to push the limits of everything on the car including fuel system, rear end, transmission and engine.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
My car is setup for about 850 RWHP until I build the motor. That is enough HP to go deep in the 9s at 4050lbs. The kit in its basic form is capable of that level or more. Once you get over 800RWHP you are going to push the limits of everything on the car including fuel system, rear end, transmission and engine.
I can agree with most of this.
The rear end should be just fine especially since he isn't going to really be pushing it at the track.
I think the stock fuel system is good for about 700?
Depending on who he gets tuned by trans will probably be slipping once he makes past 800.

The Hellion kit or any of the mid mount kits are good for 1200+whp

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I can agree with most of this.
The rear end should be just fine especially since he isn't going to really be pushing it at the track.
I think the stock fuel system is good for about 700?
Depending on who he gets tuned by trans will probably be slipping once he makes past 800.

The Hellion kit or any of the mid mount kits are good for 1200+whp
I can't understand why anyone would even want over 700RWHP if they are not tacking the car to the track. My car easily overpowers the street on the wastegates at 7PSI.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
I can't understand why anyone would even want over 700RWHP if they are not tacking the car to the track. My car easily overpowers the street on the wastegates at 7PSI.
Shoot you need to run a 315/50/17 ET street R lol. I'll have traction problems every now and then. Usually anything over 40 I'm good though

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
That is a big tire. I am on a 305/45/17 ET street R.
Yeah probably too much tire now that my trans is built. Had it to keep me in 6th through the traps.
I've always used the 305/45 like yours up until this one came out.

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I would be content with 650 to 700 whp does that mean i could get away with the standard package and be content? For turbo longevity is it better to invest early in one of the branded turbos or is going to the 62 bb sufficient for my goals?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you have emissions where you live? That's another thing to consider if you do.

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1