Air In Take Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would like a product like that. I have the stock intake (I understand it's pretty good) with a Velossatech hooked up to it. A higher flow filter wouldn't hurt.
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen and read (some pretty controlled, scientific tests), no after market CAI performs demonstrably better than the stock intake (which is a CAI). I added an aFe dry filter to my stock air box, but I'm not spending $300+ for something that has no benefit.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I'm really happy with the roush Cai for the gen3 coyote..it's a dry filter that can be washed with no oil..it's inclosed with a sight glass. Before I using the stock box with the k&n drop in filter..the car drove better with the stock drop in filter ..then I went with the full Cai from k&n..it was good on top end ..but sucked in alot of hot air from the engine normal driving and idling. I've noticed with the roush enclosed Cai been getting better to work and my MPGs went up a little.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Great feed back guys..

If you bring it to market, I would certainly consider it.
Ok thanks.

Mine is still under warranty so I would be interested in a dry drop-in.

CVCashmere
Thanks

I think for most that don't want warranty issues, there is a current trend towards washable dry air filters that fit the OEM air box without requiring a tune or a lot of work to install. Figuring out a way to create a high filtration/high flow filter that fits existing equipment is showing promise, in order to provide adequate increases in power and torque for most users that do not frequently race.
There is a constant struggle between more air and good filtration. If you want more air, you typically have to have an "open" media which allows more particulate to come in. More filtration, then there is restriction with free flowing air.
However , our media (which took years to develope) allows both. Nanofibers are ultra fine, so much smaller and thinner than traditional spun fibers. This allows you to pack more filtering media in the same amount of space which will still allow air to flow but it creates a treacherous path for dirt & debris so it gets caught up and captured.

We also have a unique design we have come up with. So between the two, it should be a winner. My only question was, does anyone run stock? I though (like some other makes) they take the stock box out right away. Apparently that is not the case with this Gen.
Thank you very much for your feed back.

I would like a product like that. I have the stock intake (I understand it's pretty good) with a Velossatech hooked up to it. A higher flow filter wouldn't hurt.
Awesome
Thanks

From what I've seen and read (some pretty controlled, scientific tests), no after market CAI performs demonstrably better than the stock intake (which is a CAI). I added an aFe dry filter to my stock air box, but I'm not spending $300+ for something that has no benefit.
Interesting. Thank you

I'm really happy with the roush Cai for the gen3 coyote..it's a dry filter that can be washed with no oil..it's inclosed with a sight glass. Before I using the stock box with the k&n drop in filter..the car drove better with the stock drop in filter ..then I went with the full Cai from k&n..it was good on top end ..but sucked in alot of hot air from the engine normal driving and idling. I've noticed with the roush enclosed Cai been getting better to work and my MPGs went up a little.
By no means am I saying CAI are better or worse ...etc Im not comparing. Obviously when its said and done a CAI tuned will create more power.
But not everyone is interested in that...at least right away. We just wanted to know if there were any "Stock" filter guys left out there..lol We wanted to see your take on CAI and if leaving the stock box is on the menu.
There is one car that we worked with and most leave the stock box in (its actually a real good design).

Thanks!

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would guess the majority remain stock but many 'enthusiasts' feel the need to do something when it comes time to replace the air filter...
I have generally gone with k&n drop ins.

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a believer in the 18+ OEM air box. Currently running a K&N drop in. Send me a free prototype dry air filter, I'll be your Guinea Pig.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm a believer in the 18+ OEM air box. Currently running a K&N drop in. Send me a free prototype dry air filter, I'll be your Guinea Pig.
I'll send you one. I've drilled a few holes for extra power. :like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So can you describe the “nano” in your filter media?

If it will be a direct drop in for the factory air box, how is it, or should I said, how would it be any better or different from the K&N or other similar aftermarket products (both oiled and dry)?

1) Will it flow more CFM than the competition and if so, how much more (facts)?

2) Will it be reusable (able to be cleaned) and if so, what would the life expectancy be from multiple normal cleanings?

3) What would the warranty be - 90 days, 1 year or lifetime? (Obviously against defects, craftsmanship etc)

4) Dry or oiled?

——
On to the air box...

Does your company make a complete aftermarket air box that is better than a factory box?

Currently there’s a slew of S550 filter elements and CAI’s on the market for the S550. Some on here say the factory closed air box assembly flows as good if not better than an aftermarket CAI - and then there’s the group who say an open filter element (ie: no box) flows better, and others who go with a closed box assembly w/high flow element.

Now the concept of a CAI in general would mean getting COLDER air into the air intake tract - no one wants a HAI, which is what most open air elements end up being honestly, even though they “look cool” and “everyone gets one”.

Can you guys design an air box that would be similar to and better than the closed Injen box?

Appreciate the replies and further info.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Won't replacing the factory box kill the warranty? I liked the Roush box set up but wimped out and went with a K&N wet filter in the factory box for now.
This needs to end. Just stop.

No, changing parts on your car will not "kill the warranty".

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
TKO, I personally decided to stay with the OEM airbox, and tried an AEM dry filter. It actually made a small difference in torque on the low end, which I can feel while normally driving. However, even though I have not seen any dust build up in the intake, I pulled it, and put back the original filter. As much as I'm actually quite pleased with the AEM dry filter performance gain, engine longevity is still my main concern.

Reactions: A7X

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
So can you describe the “nano” in your filter media?

If it will be a direct drop in for the factory air box, how is it, or should I said, how would it be any better or different from the K&N or other similar aftermarket products (both oiled and dry)?

1) Will it flow more CFM than the competition and if so, how much more (facts)?

2) Will it be reusable (able to be cleaned) and if so, what would the life expectancy be from multiple normal cleanings?

3) What would the warranty be - 90 days, 1 year or lifetime? (Obviously against defects, craftsmanship etc)

4) Dry or oiled?

——
On to the air box...

Does your company make a complete aftermarket air box that is better than a factory box?

Currently there’s a slew of S550 filter elements and CAI’s on the market for the S550. Some on here say the factory closed air box assembly flows as good if not better than an aftermarket CAI - and then there’s the group who say an open filter element (ie: no box) flows better, and others who go with a closed box assembly w/high flow element.

Now the concept of a CAI in general would mean getting COLDER air into the air intake tract - no one wants a HAI, which is what most open air elements end up being honestly, even though they “look cool” and “everyone gets one”.

Can you guys design an air box that would be similar to and better than the closed Injen box?

Appreciate the replies and further info.
^Truth!

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
Being stock filters need to be changed fairly often if you want high airflow,
my gt is a DD and will be a high mileage vehicle in a short amount of time,
right now its only 3 months old and I am closing in on 7,000 miles .
So yes I would like to see this high-tech filter sooner than later.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
The construction equipment I helped design had a FilterMinder device that checked pressure drop across the air filter and signaled when it was time to change the filter. The sales rep for the company put some of the devices on customers cars and said he never saw a filter with less than 50,000 miles that needed to be changed.
Ymmv...

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
My F250 turbo diesel has one of those on the stock air box. Probably a good idea to have one.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.