OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well if the parts show up today I'll probably have them installed by the weekend. I'll test and report what its like. I just want to be able to leave a stoplight hard, with tires spinning, and be able to power shift second without feeling like the rearend of the car is going to rip itself off.

Looking at the video that Steeda uses to demonstrate the difference the bushing kit makes I was shocked to see how much movement there is in the rear subframe.
Sponsored

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
You haven't "launched" your car from a dead stop harshly enough yet. You can expect Ford to provide suspension tuning sufficient to keep wheel hop out of the picture for most kinds of driving "enthusiasm", but not from the harshest and most abusive driving that you encounter on a dragstrip-style start.

There's nothing wrong with keeping your driving below the point where wheel hop starts showing up.

Norm
Thanks! Would there be any benefit/detriment to regular driving with the kit? I don't normally launch hard from a stop - I'll let it roll a bit

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
We have quite a few suspension packages available depending on your goals for the vehicle and power level. We have worked closely with BMR to put together the best possible combinations to provide various options to customers. We currently run the "Bread and Butter" package on our shop car that has run a current best of 9.03 1/4 mile. Feel free to check out the packages here: https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...coyote/suspension-1/suspension-packages-1?p=1

We can also custom build a package if needed. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Well if the parts show up today I'll probably have them installed by the weekend. I'll test and report what its like. I just want to be able to leave a stoplight hard, with tires spinning, and be able to power shift second without feeling like the rearend of the car is going to rip itself off.

Looking at the video that Steeda uses to demonstrate the difference the bushing kit makes I was shocked to see how much
movement there is in the rear subframe.
You will be surprised on the improvement that the Steeda IRS brace provide. They are awesome for the drag racers as well as the road racers.
It is the number one selling IRS brace for the S550!

Steeda Tech

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
We have quite a few suspension packages available depending on your goals for the vehicle and power level. We have worked closely with BMR to put together the best possible combinations to provide various options to customers. We currently run the "Bread and Butter" package on our shop car that has run a current best of 9.03 1/4 mile. Feel free to check out the packages here: https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...coyote/suspension-1/suspension-packages-1?p=1

We can also custom build a package if needed. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions
Looks like you only offer drag springs in your packages. Would it work if you used handling springs instead?

Sponsored

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Looks like you only offer drag springs in your packages. Would it work if you used handling springs instead?
Depends on the package, the street/track packages typically come with handling springs while the street/strip usually come with the drag springs. We can always make changes to springs if needed depending on what you prefer for the use of the vehicle. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other questions or if you need help putting together a package.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain what is wheel hop and why you think the stock is sloppy?

I’ve heard about it since before I bought my car, watched a few videos now that you reminded me again, and I still don't have a good enough grasp on what it is and how it affects my daily driving. I'm getting the fact that it's stiffer - but what wheel hop? And does the stiffness after the kit become harsher on potholes? Assuming there is less play so it gets transferred to the body more
Take a look at this video - this will show you what is taking place when wheel hop is explained:

If we can help assist - let us know!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Im sure its been discussed a few times here but what's the general opinion of wheel hop solutions for the S550? Ive ordered the Steeda bushing supports and Steeda subframe braces (should arrive tomorrow). Hoping for a significant improvement over the sloppy stock set-up. Anybody done this than can comment on their experience? For me its for street use on stock tires (2019 bullitt) I just want to be able to light 'em up when I want to. Cheers
I have had the Steeda IRS Braces for a few years now and they help some. Just installed the BMR CB010 and I can’t even describe how much they tied the rear end together with the rest of the car. Feels like a different car now. If I could start all over again I would have installed the BMR CB010 first (or CB005) and then the Steeda braces. You’ll be happy with what you have coming in the mail.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hello Mark,

If you would like us to put a package together for you ... we would be happy to do so, but, why stop there :)

We can get you into a full Steve McQueen Package!!

Regardless, shoot me an email to [email protected] - depending on what part of Ontario you are in, we have a shop just south of Detroit. May be worth a trip over the boards & get some stuff installed.

Let me know!

TJ
Got everything installed last night. Good fit, bushing spacers and frame braces went in easy. Only thing I'm not ecstatic about is that the drivers side subframe brace is touching the gas tank.... Any comment on that TJ??

Raining here now but hopefully it'll clear up and Il have a chance to try it out later this eve.

Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Got everything installed last night. Good fit, bushing spacers and frame braces went in easy. Only thing I'm not ecstatic about is that the drivers side subframe brace is touching the gas tank.... Any comment on that TJ??

Raining here now but hopefully it'll clear up and Il have a chance to try it out later this eve.
I just had mine off and then back on last night and I had plenty of clearance. Dumb question but did you try loosening it up and adjusting it any?

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey!

I had everything steeda suspension on my 2016 GT PP1. They made a huge difference on my car, wheel hop was completely eliminated and not only that when launching the car hard it stayed straight in its lane like a bullet. You barely had to correct the steering when launching, it was very impressive! Another thing that made a very big difference for me was when I added the rear Lower control arm spherical bearings, that eliminated a ton of deflection and really allowed for proper tire contact with the ground.

I'll also let you know that I sold my 16 GT and now own a 2018 GT PP1 and I'm going the same exact route again and putting everything steeda back on. Also considering the fact that I had everything put on, the car was very comfortable when taking into consideration how amazing it would handle. I had people who owned porsches that went for a ride and drove it and were stunned at how it handled.

The IRS brace should have clearance from the gas tank, then again not all cars alike. I would check that your gas tank brackets are holding it in proper position.

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
wonder if theres a difference to the 2019 gas tank.... Theres no room for adjustment, the bolts all lined up, and although I didn't need to pry anything to fit it was close. Both sides went in the same way, passenger side has approx 1/4" air gap. driver is touching, not hard enough to distort the tank but its right up against the tank.

No Comment TJ??

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
wonder if theres a difference to the 2019 gas tank.... Theres no room for adjustment, the bolts all lined up, and although I didn't need to pry anything to fit it was close. Both sides went in the same way, passenger side has approx 1/4" air gap. driver is touching, not hard enough to distort the tank but its right up against the tank.

No Comment TJ??
I would loosen the bolts up and try to re-position it away from the tank. loosen the single bolt, IRS sub-frame bolt and bracket as well.
Steeda Tech

OP
OP
The Rooster

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would loosen the bolts up and try to re-position it away from the tank. loosen the single bolt, IRS sub-frame bolt and bracket as well.
Steeda Tech
Tried that during installation... no dice.

Just went for a spin to test; definitely an improvement across the board.
The car feels much tighter, by the seat of the pants I’d have to say the handling has improved. Wheel hop is dramatically reduced; if I leave hard off the line the tires spin without any hop. Still jumping around on a 1-2 power shift but not nearly as bad as stock.
Overall I’m happy with the improvement... already looking towards the next step. What’s the next best addition? Vertical links?
Sponsored