Best cold air intake for 2019 GT

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Their website needs help. Shows the 2018 Mustang GT filter in title but description says ecoboost and data .xls says 2015-17 GT. Not sure I can rely on anything the website says.
Yeah, it could use a bit of proofreading for sure.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I did not want to do a tune so I went with removing the air box and using insulation from HomeDepot and a drop in AFE filter. With this and M/T DRS I am running 11.78 At 119 in Fl heat. 3:55`s and drag mod.
11.78.jpg
20190124_122436.jpg
20190615_213527.jpg
What size drag radials?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
So are people seeing any kind of benefit with a drop in filter?
I did a K&N drop in and dremeled out the little carbon filter thing. Butt dyno noticed zero change, ears didn't notice any big change either. I want to do something like the Roush closed box but that kind of money for just sound.....no thanks.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I did a K&N drop in and dremeled out the little carbon filter thing. Butt dyno noticed zero change, ears didn't notice any big change either. I want to do something like the Roush closed box but that kind of money for just sound.....no thanks.
I did the same.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Speaking of intakes no one has tested, I just snagged one of these this past weekend:

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-5-0l-v8-icebox-intake-system/

Different from many, material wise too. Tune required and the MAF parameters are on the site. Guess we'll see how it goes. I went with the dry filter option. Otherwise, my stock 2018 intake with drop-in filter is on standby!
I'd stay away from metal maf housings. They'll hold more heat than a plastic maf housing.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy with my pmas. I may eventually order the new style maf housing that's made of plastic.
20190601_170210.jpg
I did basically the same thing with my JLT "box" on my 2016. My IAT's aren't too bad especially with the headers. 18+ intake is probably the best of all worlds right now, had it been around when I got my JLT I would have opted for one of them.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd stay away from metal maf housings. They'll hold more heat than a plastic maf housing.
Guess I'll find out! Otherwise, my 18 stock intake is going on.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think people are hyping up the 2018+ stock intakes too much. If they're so good, why didn't Ford put it in the GT350? And why did they put the GT350 intake into Bullit?

I can see why it would be better over some random intakes that's just a filter on pipe, but I doubt they compare to other open element filters that utilize some sort of barrier between fresh air and engine bay air. Also, as you move, you're getting cooler air with less heat soak with an open element intake (such as GT350 for example), whereas the stock airbox (being made out of plastic) will heatsoak over time.

I'm sure it's good at doing what it does for most people who leave their cars stock or just throw a tune on it.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
I think people are hyping up the 2018+ stock intakes too much. If they're so good, why didn't Ford put it in the GT350? And why did they put the GT350 intake into Bullit?

I can see why it would be better over some random intakes that's just a filter on pipe, but I doubt they compare to other open element filters that utilize some sort of barrier between fresh air and engine bay air. Also, as you move, you're getting cooler air with less heat soak with an open element intake (such as GT350 for example), whereas the stock airbox (being made out of plastic) will heatsoak over time.

I'm sure it's good at doing what it does for most people who leave their cars stock or just throw a tune on it.
Put a GT350 cold air on your 2018 and run someone with a stock 2018 and corresponding tune for each. I'd bet on the 2018 intake all day.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
If it’s a closed air box like a Roush, AirRaid, Injen, etc. you’ll see better gains and temps than a open box JLT. The JLT is great when in motion on a roll race for example. You won’t see that on a dyno. If you look at the track numbers on the link that was sent it’s clear the tune with the intake made a difference in real world times. But nothing is better than a closed air box which is why the stock 18 one has been outperforming or matching open box intakes.
Sponsored