TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hey gang,
I was wondering if I can get your opinion on air Intakes & after market filters...
Im curious as to how many run a stock air box or have changed out to an aftermarket intake system..

We have designed 2 filters for another make and model. They both have unique designs and they create power. Plus its made of dry Nanofiber (which is the holy grail of filtration media).

Some people on some makes and models rip the factory box out before it leaves the factory. Some see no advantage and leave the stock box in. It truly does depend on the car..etc
Im thinking for the newer stangs it gets replaced. However we were thinking of creating a high flow air filter for the Mustang (stock air box).
So I wanted to get your take and see where you guys fell.

Thanks!

Ed
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Won't replacing the factory box kill the warranty? I liked the Roush box set up but wimped out and went with a K&N wet filter in the factory box for now.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Won't replacing the factory box kill the warranty? I liked the Roush box set up but wimped out and went with a K&N wet filter in the factory box for now.
Im not 100% sure but I believe typically a manufacture would have to prove that the cause of the issue was due to the air intake to void the warranty.
But in a lot of cases, to really get the full advantage of an air intake system you needed to tune the car. Once thats done, yes that flat out voided warranties. At least with the Corvettes it did.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
If you can create a proven power adding drop in dry filter I would think you would have a winner. I want to keep my warranty without anything the dealer can latch onto to void it. For all those people saying they have to prove the part caused the issue, we all know how it really works. You are “guilty” until you can get a ruling from Ford or a civil court that your aftermarket intake tube, tune, etc. was not the cause of the problem.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I have a stock air filter box and I'd be interested in something like this - I'd cross shop with K&N when it's time to replace soon.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I'm looking for a drop-in at the moment, would definitely look at it.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
How much HP and how much $$ (with no tune) ? A dyno run showing the torque vs stock from 2000 rpm to 7400 would indicate if there were any improvements and at what rpm.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
My opinion on a CAI is that you should stick to stock unless you are tuning it also. I'm not a fan of oiled drop in's, so I use a aFe Magnum Flow Dry. It seems to be a pretty good product.

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
I have an ecoboost, but I have aftermarket airaid intake with the dry filter.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion on a CAI is that you should stick to stock unless you are tuning it also. I'm not a fan of oiled drop in's, so I use a aFe Magnum Flow Dry. It seems to be a pretty good product.
I have looking at the afe filter but just can’t justify the expense. Too bad someone doesn’t make a high flow paper alternative for the 15-19 5.0 like we had for the Hemi. We could substitute the factory Hellcat filter which had almost twice the flow rate of the standard filter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
How much HP and how much $$ (with no tune) ? A dyno run showing the torque vs stock from 2000 rpm to 7400 would indicate if there were any improvements and at what rpm.
If you read our original post it does not exist yet. We are looking to see if this had any traction, if this was something you guys would be interested in. However if its produced, like always, we would provide dyno sheets, airflow & filtration stats/charts.

I have a stock air filter box and I'd be interested in something like this - I'd cross shop with K&N when it's time to replace soon.
:like:

If you can create a proven power adding drop in dry filter I would think you would have a winner. I want to keep my warranty without anything the dealer can latch onto to void it. For all those people saying they have to prove the part caused the issue, we all know how it really works. You are “guilty” until you can get a ruling from Ford or a civil court that your aftermarket intake tube, tune, etc. was not the cause of the problem.
I understand how you feel about the warranty issue. But yes we can absolutely create a a drop in filter which would create power plus still capture dirt down to sub micron level! Plus its dry and washable & reusable ! Good to know

Our filter would not be oiled. Besides it being dry, its Nanofiber which is the absolute best for allowing air to move while getting the best filtration. Indisputable. I agree. with you, as I mentioned earlier, in most cases you need to tune to get the most out of the intake.

[

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
Our filter would not be oiled. Besides it being dry, its Nanofiber which is the absolute best for allowing air to move while getting the best filtration. Indisputable. I agree. with you, as I mentioned earlier, in most cases you need to tune to get the most out of the intake.

[
If you bring it to market, I would certainly consider it.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
If you bring it to market, I would certainly consider it.
Mine is still under warranty so I would be interested in a dry drop-in.

CVCashmere

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think for most that don't want warranty issues, there is a current trend towards washable dry air filters that fit the OEM air box without requiring a tune or a lot of work to install. Figuring out a way to create a high filtration/high flow filter that fits existing equipment is showing promise, in order to provide adequate increases in power and torque for most users that do not frequently race.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.