What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Sorry if this has been beat to death..So if I'm reading all this right, I have to run 4 wires (pinned into the connector) from the new Shaker DSP in the front to the small harness that I bought that plugs into the sub amp? I then plug the harness into the blue connector for power and cut and splice the 4 wires I ran from the DSP into the small harness for signal? The DSP and sub pinouts from earlier posts are what I go by? Just trying to do this right the FIRST time! If anyone has step by step for my set up PM me or post please.
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I bought a hex tall harness, it had 3/4 pins that I inserted into the factory amp pin inserts that you are referring too, those became pos/neg/remote signal and one wire was for grounding. I dont know which pins I inserted, but I did, and then I ran the other side to the aftermarket amp, which went to sub.

found out I didn't need the remote signal wire, but I clipped it in anyway and left it under seat. since my amp has remote sensing turn on from rca

car turns on, the amp turns on, etc. all at same time. I do get a thump on and off from sub due to I guess my amp getting power before the signal comes from headunit, bothered me for like 2 days, now im used to it.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
  • Can anyone confirm that the shaker DSP is FR3T-18T806-Cx's only? I'm not able to find any available right now, but in searching junk yards, they are showing shaker cars but the amps are all FR3T-18T806-Bx part numbers.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
If anyone can help me get the part #s for the B/O stuff in '19 cars rather than the shaker stuff from 15-18, I'd be grateful. All the stuff I keep looking up seems to be the shaker p/n's even though I have it listed as a 2019 car.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Quick question.. does anybody know what color wires from a 2019 blue plug I pull for Battery Plus and ground? There's obviously no pins in the correct location for my sub but there should be something I can use for power.The colors gray/red and Black/green aren't in the plug.

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I figured out the answer to my above question. Anyway, for those that don't want to spend $4-$6 each for the small terminals..
20190619_231743.jpg
20190619_231723.jpg

These were about $.045 each so the roll of 100 was less than $5 at Mouser.com

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Can I ask, if you have a '19 car, why are you using the shaker pro equipment from a 15-18 car instead of B&O equipment? Specifically the DSP and sub.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I'm using the Shaker Pro stuff. Should have my wires run from the DSP back to the sub amp tonight and have everything buttoned up by around 8. Fingers crossed. If you've never crimped anything that small before I highly suggest a decent crimper and at least 10 or 15 of those terminals. I even bought a few of the plugs that go into the DSP (I have the part # if needed) so I could practice inserting them correctly. I'll post a few pics when done, tonight or tomorrow.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Those little things are the wires I plugged into my factory DSP. The positive/negative went into the DSP and the other side of the wires was RCA pos/neg that went into my dedicated sub amplifier. worked out well. all my wires are hidden, and no lc2i's etc. clean, I have my amp under the seat. I also ran a signal wire (blue) into the dsp, but my amplifier, has remote sensing so I just taped it off and stuck under carpet

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
wsfrazier, I used the older shaker stuff mostly because it's widely available. I've only seen 1 of the newer subs for sale and it was considerably more. My install went smoothly but took time as I wanted to wrap the wires going from the DSP back to the sub. In the pic the wires aren't wrapped at that point but are slightly below the pic cutoff. With the kick panel installed, it looks like it should.
20190620_220836.jpg
20190620_220844.jpg

Sponsored

Thisisdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hi guys
i have a 2017 mustang GT manual - australian, so our cars comes standard with alot of the features that are optional to you guys in the US.
Ive had a look for the subwoofer plug. i seem to have a small brown/white plug in the same location that isnt in any of the photos in this thread.
does anyone know what this plug is for?
IMG_20190616_115241.jpg

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Not related I know but if anyone has a good set of factory Shaker or B&O speakers I'd be interested. Ever since I installed the factory sub and DSP I've noticed my sound is off a bit. Not as clear as it was. If I can figure out what changes need to be made using forscan I'll do that but would still like the matching shaker speakers.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101
Not related I know but if anyone has a good set of factory Shaker or B&O speakers I'd be interested. Ever since I installed the factory sub and DSP I've noticed my sound is off a bit. Not as clear as it was. If I can figure out what changes need to be made using forscan I'll do that but would still like the matching shaker speakers.
From my understanding, the two separate sound systems use different ohm speakers. 2 ohm vs 4 ohm. I just don't remember which, or if that is causing your issues.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
I think it is. Way to much mids. I like the sound of the factory shaker system so if I can't get the stock speakers I'll go back to the 9 speaker DSP and run the sub with a (line level convertor?) off the rear speakers. The 9 speaker system was a LOT louder.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Not going to mess with changing anymore speakers. I know my factory system sounded good enough and was very loud so I'm going back to that and will connect my subwoofer to a lc2i unit and use my rear speakers for the signal. That's all I wanted was a little more bass anyway. Will be selling the CP Shaker DSP if anyone wants it. Works perfect.
Sponsored