Do you have audio questions?

What_is_slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Plus PP1 MT
I've been a member of this forum for approx 5 months now, there seems to be a few people on the forum that I've seen answer audio questions in a comprehensive manner. that is awesome because that is the purpose of these fourms. If ypu have questions I am certain the can be answered here effectively!

A little background on me. I have been in the Audio industry for the better part of 20 years. I have been a DIY installer, I've installed for a couple shops in my area in my early 20s, and I still help people in my spare time. I've been an area rep for Digital Designs, and ARPA (ARPA makes Zapco). I am also a certified IASCA judge and competitor. For IASCA I am certified to judge based on installation as well as sound quality of an install. I have also been MECP certified to the advanced level in the past.

As I said earlier there are a few other guys that seem to know what they are doing. If there are audio questions feel free to shoot them on the forum as you can feel confident that myself or one of the other knowledgeable members will point you in the right direction.
Thanks for the willingness to provide some insight! Question on speaker frequency range on the 2018 9 speaker sub-less, non-shaker....I plan on replacing the front 7 speakers. The wire diagram has the tweeters and 3.5” speakers bridged. Is there any information that you know of that can tell me what frequency is being fed to the 6.5” door speakers? Is it full range or low? If it’s low only, how would I add components to the system if the 6.5” is a single low frequency line? Would I just end up replacing the speakers only and not using the crossovers? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sorry all, Ive been away for a while. I however have been getting quite a few PMs that Ive been answering. I will start funneling through the thread tonight.

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, I have a 2017 GT350 with sync and wanna add a stealthbox how would I know if I'm able to add this without running crazy wires. Is there a hook up in the trunk...?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Hey guys, I have a 2017 GT350 with sync and wanna add a stealthbox how would I know if I'm able to add this without running crazy wires. Is there a hook up in the trunk...?
Contact hextall I did it, just an amp and wire harness from factory amp

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You need aftermarket amp in order to run your JL stealth box on your Shelby. No way around it.

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You will need to run a +12 power cable from the battery, your signal for RCA, remote turn on and Ground can all be done in the trunk.

An amplifier wiring kit, RCA cables, amplifier, enclosure, and woofer are the main things needed. Being a premium car you will need a way to get a full range NON- EQ'ed signal without roll off to the amplifier.

This can be achieved a couple different ways member @HextallS550 offers items to defeat the OEM EQ and crossover allowing signal needed this will defeat the bass roll off as volume increases.

Another option would be to add a device such as the Audio Control LC2i, This is a high end line level converter that will alter the signal, boosting the level where the roll off starts restoring the musics bass lost.

Both are great options.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Audio Control LC2i is an excellent choice especially for a sub because of the adjustments it has.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You will need to run a power wire from the battery to the amplifier, and add a ground for the amp. The OEM signal wire and remote turn on wire can be used but they will need to be activated. To gain signal you have a couple options.

Option 1
Connect a device such as the LC2i to the rear speakers and pull rca and switched power from that.

Option 2
@Hextall offers his services to deactivate the OEM crossovers and eq and and switching on the OEM signal and turn on through the factory harness in the trunk.

Either choice will however require a power cable to be ran from the battery to the trunk. This is a super easy process in the S550 platform.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
CZ0MEeB0Jz6v-sqHrCVRlkgtfo_OsrOQ5xTjIIhtZ4cjADuyyeAxbR6n9V6rsolGbOh_WMzlKHSLyOx0E=w1767-h1064-no.jpg
Like this.
onKMGtRYgpCDv51HXD-40NME0-iU-BwjgBum090Uk7AJS7V_5gzhz794wuXiJEPcngpvIDk3yS-YephEo=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just picked up a 2019 Mustang GT base... no upgraded stereo. I have the sub and amp and controller that was in my 15 mustang GT. I'd like to change the head unit and other speakers. Do I need a metra kit to do a new head unit, or are there other options? I'd like to upgrade the head unit to have sirius xm and such. thx

OP
OP

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I just picked up a 2019 Mustang GT base... no upgraded stereo. I have the sub and amp and controller that was in my 15 mustang GT. I'd like to change the head unit and other speakers. Do I need a metra kit to do a new head unit, or are there other options? I'd like to upgrade the head unit to have sirius xm and such. thx

Metra and Scosche both offer a dash kit to replace the radio if you wanted to go that direction. you can also do one of the many variations of the tomtop replacement, or swap to teh SYNC 3 MFT and associated components without needing to worry about the OEM EQ and Crossover.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Metra and Scosche both offer a dash kit to replace the radio if you wanted to go that direction. you can also do one of the many variations of the tomtop replacement, or swap to teh SYNC 3 MFT and associated components without needing to worry about the OEM EQ and Crossover.

Thanks. Is the SYNC 3 MFT an expensive route? I don't know what this entails.
Sponsored