Sponsored

Hot lubrication talk for my girl

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Wondering if my girl would benefit from a thicker viscosity oil. I know tolerances are very tight inside her and I do like to beat on her almost every day. So I was thinking of going to a 5w-30 to try to lessen the impact of my foot stomps. Shes a good girl and I want to do right by her but I fear my beatings could soon take its toll. Good news is she stopped eye balling me in the garage.

Who has gone to a thicker viscosity, noticed a difference(quiter/smoother), and what do you use.

Thanksss
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Wondering if my girl would benefit from a thicker viscosity oil. I know tolerances are very tight inside her and I do like to beat on her almost every day. So I was thinking of going to a 5w-30 to try to lessen the impact of my foot stomps. Shes a good girl and I want to do right by her but I fear my beatings could soon take its toll. Good news is she stopped eye balling me in the garage.

Who has gone to a thicker viscosity, noticed a difference(quiter/smoother), and what do you use.

Thanksss
Are you talking about having sex with your car or general maintenance?

On the street, you won't see a difference in running 5w-20 and 5w-30. If you want to run 5w-30 for your peace of mind then do it. If this car is tracked then I would run 5w-30 for the session.

Personally I run 0w-30. Not because I need cold weather protection here in North Carolina, but because 0w-30 is relatively new to the market and I find it has superior base stock than other weights.

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing you dont enjoy the humor of a double entendre...

When I DD my car every day I "enjoy" the power it has, nothing reckless or stupid but when I have a clear stretch of road I "enjoy" it.

Now that its summer I'm averaging 3-5 WOT pulls in a day, I'm about to change the oil so I wanted to know if a thicker oil might help keep the engine internals from wearing as much.

I hope no ones picturing me as that asshole 28 y/o that weaves in and out of traffic endangering the public, cause I hate those assholes. When I was working as an EMT and ive transferred enough MVA patients to know it's not worth being reckless.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
driven race oils actually makes oil specifically for our engine that i have heard and read good stuff about the make a 5-20 and a 5-50

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Amsoil SS 5-20 here. Beat on it all the time with no worry about the oil. Blackstone samples always come back wonderfully.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
5w-20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Works great in all my cars and it's currently about 100 here today. I see no reason to change it and I occasionally step on the gas in my car.

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Zelek

Exactly what I use, I saw some talk on here not to long ago about using thicker oil for track cars so I was seeing if anyone else has experimented with it.

Also was trying to get a chuckle outta someone but apparently I should stick with swinging a hammer for a living and stay away from comedy :wink:

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I dont think your girl will mind a different weight. Lube is lube.

Make sure she's good and warmed up before she takes a pounding. Thats my only suggestion.
Sponsored