Shifting issue

17s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance pack
I have a 2017 gt that’s lightly modified(air intake, tune, exhaust) but for some reason randomly 3rd to 4th gear feels rough. I’ve tried higher rpm shifts and holding the clutch in for a second and trying it but it’ll still do it. It usually happens going slow if I’m just cruising nice and easy it’ll just feel clunky shifting into 4th. I’ve heard this transmission is rough but it just seems odd to me. Anyone else have this or could there be something wrong with it car has about 11k miles on it.
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
They are notchy by nature especially when cold i need to drive my car like 12 miles for it to become smooth.

boostmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS2, 2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 1998 E150
I was having the same issue and then today I think my clutch master cylinder let go and I cant shift into any gear. Will see if that was why the hard shifts.

OP
OP
17s550GT

17s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance pack
Well I took it out for the first time this year today and seemed fine we’ll see if it comes back.

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP
2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. If I'm at 7k or over it won't go, 6950 and below no issues at all. I plan on installing a couple bushings and upgraded clutch line soon, don't expect it to fix anything but cheap enough to try. Also heard swapping the trans fluid can make it feel a lot smoother overall.

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I was having the same issue and then today I think my clutch master cylinder let go and I cant shift into any gear. Will see if that was why the hard shifts.
Hey. Where you able to get to the bottom of this? I've began experiencing rougher shifts all of the sudden not too long ago.

TY!
Sponsored