Sponsored

Detailing Bullitt Interior

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Does anyone know where we can get a listing of the materials used in the Bullitt's interior? I can figure out most of them (seats and steering wheel are covered in actual leather, door panels and A-pillars appear to be primarily plastic, silver finish in dash is pastic, etc.) but there are some surfaces I am not sure about.

For example, the twin "pods" on top of the dashboard (above the instrument cluster and above the Bullitt Serial number badge) appear to be leather as they have green stitching but they could be a vinyl material. Same question for the shifter boot and the leather-type inserts on the door panels (again with green stitching). I want to avoid putting a plastic/vinyl protectant on leather surfaces and vice versa. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any input!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone! If the interior materials are identical to a Mustang GT Premium, are there any guides out there as to which material is which? I defnitely want to avoid applying vinyl protectant like Vinylex to leather as this can prematurely dry and crack the leather.

Sponsored

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I’ve been using mastersons interior detailer spray on all surfaces but the seats and Lexol cleaner and conditioner on the seats. I like that the mastersons does not leave a glossy wet look.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The only real leather is where your body touches the seats. "leather seating surfaces" Everything else that seems like leather is pleather.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for all the great feedback. I contatced the detailer at my local Ford dealer and his response was that the wheel, shifter boot, seats and the small area surrounding the door handle on the doors are in fact leather. The twin pods above the dash, however, are a soft-touch/padded vinyl material. The remainder of the interior surfaces are generally hard plastic.
Sponsored