Sponsored

Choosing aftermarket exhaust 2019 GT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I have pretty much decided on the Roush Active Exhaust for those of us that didn't get Ford's active exhaust.

I looked at the cadillac kit but that is nearly $2700. While it has some neat features I can't justify the additional ~$900 in cost between it and the I/O kit that is simply on/off.
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Also, I paid a local exhaust shop just over $100 to cut out my factory resonator and install an x-pipe that they made.

I have nearly 1000 miles on the car now and its getting louder the more I drive...to the point where I'm fine with it where it is until I can save up for the Roush exhaust I mentioned earlier.

OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Flowmaster d shaped H pipe start with...?
Personally I love the stock exhaust
Oh wow, it was so long ago now, I can’t even remember the specifics. Grew up in suburb of Detroit, so it was Mustang country up that way. All my buddies raved about was FloMaster n H-pipe. I just remember the sound having a deep hollow rumble that was badass. This was seriously like my 89 LX 5.0 around 1994-95- Fox Series of course Lol. I’m drawing blanks this many years later. Thx for the response :)

OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have pretty much decided on the Roush Active Exhaust for those of us that didn't get Ford's active exhaust.

I looked at the cadillac kit but that is nearly $2700. While it has some neat features I can't justify the additional ~$900 in cost between it and the I/O kit that is simply on/off.
That’s a good price! Yeah that’s what the dude at the exhaust place I called said...Roush. Got my homework cut out. Thank you

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
MagnaFlow is probably the deepest I've heard on a S550.
Thanks for the mention!

Our signature sound has always been very deep and refined, so it sounds like it meets all of the OP's requirements. One of the big benefits besides the lifetime warranty is that this kit works with the factory active exhaust feature when used in conjunction with our valve kit, so you don't have to compromise when upgrading exhausts!

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I recommend the Ford Performance cat-backs. I've had both the Sport and now the Extreme, and can't compliment them enough. I don't see many people discuss the Ford Performance kits, but they are extremely high quality and are manufactured by Borla. The kits are quite similar in tone, but the Extreme increases the volume a considerable amount. The Extreme kit is quite loud, and has a very nice, racy note. Cold start on the Extreme is obnoxiously loud. For reference, my previous vehicle was an 03 Cobra with Bassani headers, cat-less x-pipe, and Borla Stinger cat-back, and I feel that the Extreme cat-back is just as loud in terms of volume, if not actually louder(my girlfriend and neighbors agree!), but it obviously lacks the cat-less raspiness. I'd recommend the Extreme kit if you're looking for a crisp, loud, racy exhaust note, that in my opinion is right at the borderline of being too much for the street. CJ Pony Parts has a detailed installation and review video available on their website and YouTube channel

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is our GT axle-back exhaust - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3612-s550-axle-back

Product Benefits:
  • Adds aggressive mean tone
  • Great daily driving volume with no drone
  • 304 stainless construction provides a lifetime of corrosion resistance
  • Up to 10 RWHP increase
  • Up to 20% weight reduction
  • 3 1/2" diameter chrome tips

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I would check out AWE. The touring has a very nice tone, built in resonators, h pipe design and they offer black diamond tips if you want something different than just the regular silver/chrome. I have it on my 2015 and absolutely love the tone. There is zero drone too.

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Personally I think the MBRP Pro Series fit that bill.

I left the resonator and just swapped axlebacks.

Deep and bassy down low, but up top, still a bit raspy.

No drone, then again my hearing isn't the best.

Just a thought. ‍♂
Sponsored