Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
my .002

I always used to go with cheaper set ups, muffler deletes, ect. The 5.0 was not gonna go that route and I went with a borla Atak, like the others said you get what you pay for.

The sound is mesmerizing, it changes every 1000 rpm, yells screams and pops and simply sounds intoxicating. On the highway I put her in 6th cruising at 65-75 and its just as quiet as stock, its incredible. MBRP sounds good, but its just that bassy v8 sound that we all like, but it is no where near comparable to an atak, corsa extreme, or sport system.

If the atak and corsa is too much, an x pipe with roush mufflers would be my go to. probably a few hundred bucks cheaper, sounds amazing, but based on the size of the mufflers id expect some drone.

that being said, you can find used corsa systems pretty often on the forums, that would be a great alternative too.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I started with the X pipe resonator delete. Better than stock but not enough after a few weeks. Then I went with the MBRP race axle back. Was really loud and sounded OK but it did look pretty good with the all black pipes and 4 inch tips really fill out the cutouts on my 2019 PP1. I rode with this setup for a few months but decided I had enough of the drone and opened up my wallet for a real exhaust.

I now run the Ford Performance by Borla Extreme catback which includes the X pipe. It is fully stainless steel and has black chrome tips. It has zero drone! It sounds so much better and is very refined. I can control the loudness with my foot. Passes wife test with no problems either.

I have my old setup sitting in my garage and needing a new home. I could make you a sweet deal.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I pulled the trigger on the Krona catback this past weekend. Looking forward to it.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Resonator delete with H-pipe seems to be a great way to keep costs low and increasing your sound/airlflow out the exhaust a bit. Especially if you do not want a loud exhaust to annoy neighbors but just enough to give you some enjoyment and improve performance a tad.
I was left wanting more the second I turned on the car on the muffler shop, right after getting the H pipe :/
But yeah, quick cheap alternative until I finally decide for a real exhaust.

I pulled the trigger on the Krona catback this past weekend. Looking forward to it.
I really want to hear this in person. So far, from videos, the Krona has been one of my favorites

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if you were considering this option or not, but I'm currently running a resonator delete H-Pipe w/ stock mufflers, because I wanted a bit more volume and a better tone; but I wouldn't go this route again (currently looking for other exhausts). Granted, it's a tad louder (maybe 15-20 percent louder, & it gets perfectly loud at WOT), deeper in lower revs, but raspy at high revs. It DOES sound better but not good/loud enough; and keep in mind, I don't want a LOUD exhaust, I even consider Roush obnoxiously loud.
I have considered the H-pipe route. Definitely sounds better on the active muffers, rather than the stock non-active cans.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd subscribe if I could lol

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well if anyone has any used quad-tip system that they're selling, I might be interested. I don't see any systems right now on the marketplace, but I'll keep a lookout.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Save yourself the hassle and just get the AWE touring. Best exhaust for coyote cars, period. It’s loud enough that no one will mistake whether it’s stock or not, but it’s far from corsa extreme sound levels too. It has excellent tone with a nice growl, as well as all the pops and burbles that come with an x pipe. It sounds good from idle, all the way to 7k. To me, every other exhaust is either too quiet, doesn’t sound good at all, or the sound goes to complete shit when at wot or high rpm’s. The only other exhaust I considered was the corsa sport but a lot of reviews said there was apparent drone at speed. This is all subjective obviously but the AWE touring was the only exhaust that checked all the boxes

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Save yourself the hassle and just get the AWE touring. Best exhaust for coyote cars, period. It’s loud enough that no one will mistake whether it’s stock or not, but it’s far from corsa extreme sound levels too. It has excellent tone with a nice growl, as well as all the pops and burbles that come with an x pipe. It sounds good from idle, all the way to 7k. To me, every other exhaust is either too quiet, doesn’t sound good at all, or the sound goes to complete shit when at wot or high rpm’s. The only other exhaust I considered was the corsa sport but a lot of reviews said there was apparent drone at speed. This is all subjective obviously but the AWE touring was the only exhaust that checked all the boxes
This would actually be the first time I have heard anyone mention Corsa and drone. That is one of their best features volume and quality with 0 drone. Too loud for some, especially with LTH, but still no drone.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely love my AWE Touring on my 2015. There is zero drone, has built in resonators, a nice H pipe design and is super clean. Oh and you get an awesome blow pop in your package.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This would actually be the first time I have heard anyone mention Corsa and drone. That is one of their best features volume and quality with 0 drone. Too loud for some, especially with LTH, but still no drone.
Correct. They don't drone.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have the Corsa Sport currently with Vibrant resonators and before and after there was 0 drone. Even at 5k RPM, it gets loud but it doesn't drone.
Sponsored