Sponsored

Mishimoto street axle back exhaust. Anybody fitted one?

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow edition Grabber Blue
Hi folks wondered if anyone has one fitted?

My car came with Mishimoto Race axle back (muffler delete basically) which sounds fantastic but longer term I will probably go for the street back version.
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/mis...lack-double-walled-tips-mshmmexh-mus8-15asbk/

But I just wondered if anyone has it fitted now onto standard exhaust? It is super loud or just slightly more interesting than stock?

Also do you know if it is the same distance pipe location ( at the standard pipe cut end) as the race back? Meaning do I need to cut or fill what I have now if I was to replace my current setup?

Hope that makes sense?

Thank you

Stan
Sponsored

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Hi can’t you ask supplier to measure this for you , good colour choice

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Hi can’t you ask supplier to measure this for you , good colour choice
Funny you should say that I called the UK office they had no idea! I will leave it at that!

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would expect same cut point. As with many axle backs that specific point is the only option to give you enough length of straight pipe to clamp to. There’s only about 2” between the curves.

I’ve not heard any of the mishimoto, but on videos the street mufflers sound pretty tame. The pro muffler might give you a good middle ground. Was gonna go for that myself but ended up with a full system.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I would expect same cut point. As with many axle backs that specific point is the only option to give you enough length of straight pipe to clamp to. There’s only about 2” between the curves.

I’ve not heard any of the mishimoto, but on videos the street mufflers sound pretty tame. The pro muffler might give you a good middle ground. Was gonna go for that myself but ended up with a full system.
Thanks mate they all look roughly the same.
I dont want a super loud c##ks exhaust if I am honest dont want to pee the neighbours off but I do want some interesting sound.
At the moment I have a fab sound but it tends to vibrate window panes as I drive through Manchester haha.

I heard the video clip just wondered if anyone had it fitted and what its like day to day and of course on the motorway.

Thank you

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Jord79.... did you stick with the Direnza catback in the end then?

Bob

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Jord79.... did you stick with the Direnza catback in the end then?

Bob
Yes, I still have the direnza. It’s either mellowed a bit or I’ve become accustomed to it. I’m really pleased with the sound to be honest. Think I’d probably only change it if I got complaints from the neighbours (which I don’t think I will), or if I find myself with a spare £1,500 to try something more premium.

@Stanski, on my last GT I had fitted the Ford Racing by Borla touring axle backs, Mishimoto street might be of similar design. They sounded good and seemed to give a bit more volume. When I swapped for my new GT with a stock exhaust, I couldn’t tell much difference, if any, from inside the car. Probably not much help but just my experience of a mild axle back upgrade.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I still have the direnza. It’s either mellowed a bit or I’ve become accustomed to it. I’m really pleased with the sound to be honest. Think I’d probably only change it if I got complaints from the neighbours (which I don’t think I will), or if I find myself with a spare £1,500 to try something more premium.

@Stanski, on my last GT I had fitted the Ford Racing by Borla touring axle backs, Mishimoto street might be of similar design. They sounded good and seemed to give a bit more volume. When I swapped for my new GT with a stock exhaust, I couldn’t tell much difference, if any, from inside the car. Probably not much help but just my experience of a mild axle back upgrade.
Thanks for that info its all really useful.
Not only is this my daily work commute car but also my long distance GT car as much as I dont mind the noise a tiresome drone (much like me) will get on my nerves.

I was reading the Direnza threads and surfing fleabay looking for them. At those prices they are a bargain!

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine isn’t technically a Direnza. You may have seen the thread, it is a cheaper unbranded one sold by a different eBay seller, but sellers of both systems have the same business address and both systems have the same part number (albeit with a different prefix). The H-pipe section on mine was slightly offset making me think that it could be a b-stock item that Direnza don’t want to put their name to. My money is on that both systems come from the same factory, probably in China at those prices, but the finish of the materials seems good quality as do the welds. And I actually like the stock style tailpipes.

Sound wise I actually don’t think I’d want anything quieter now. Mine too is a daily but I still want to hear that V8 at all road speeds. Heavy load at low revs can be a bit loud and when in slow moving traffic, but cold starts are not as loud as with other cat back systems.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Mine isn’t technically a Direnza. You may have seen the thread, it is a cheaper unbranded one sold by a different eBay seller, but sellers of both systems have the same business address and both systems have the same part number (albeit with a different prefix). The H-pipe section on mine was slightly offset making me think that it could be a b-stock item that Direnza don’t want to put their name to. My money is on that both systems come from the same factory, probably in China at those prices, but the finish of the materials seems good quality as do the welds. And I actually like the stock style tailpipes.

Sound wise I actually don’t think I’d want anything quieter now. Mine too is a daily but I still want to hear that V8 at all road speeds. Heavy load at low revs can be a bit loud and when in slow moving traffic, but cold starts are not as loud as with other cat back systems.
Thanks for that. I see there are 2 prices on fleabay ÂŁ500+ and ÂŁ350 they look identical. I mean ÂŁ350 for the full lot, I was really only bothered about the rear silencers. But I expect the extra bits make it sound better/louder?

Stainless systems tend to be noiser anyway, they are thinner metal compared to stock steel. I fitted a stainless system to my VW campervan and although I am happier its not going to rust after 5 mins its deffo louder.

The muffler delete setup I have sounds actually similar to what you say, its loud on cold startup, I mean loud! Then under load but at lower speeds and on motorway but not too intrusive, but I did line the wheel well in the boot with soundproofing, it used to bellow under load on the motorway but not now.

Thinking about it I will only change if the neighbours start complaining or those damn accoustic cameras turn up. I do love the sound its very addictive.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Mine was unbranded when I bought from eBay for my previous Ecoboost Stang, so I mailed Direnza with pics and they confirmed it was one of their systems. Sounded great on the 4 banger!

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...and as previously stated elsewhere on here - Adam and I got our Direnza catbacks via ebay auction Adams was ÂŁ195 i think? mine was ÂŁ245

full catback, stainless etc-mine is now well over a year old and still all good!

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
...and as previously stated elsewhere on here - Adam and I got our Direnza catbacks via ebay auction Adams was ÂŁ195 i think? mine was ÂŁ245

full catback, stainless etc-mine is now well over a year old and still all good!
Thanks sadly I have not seen them at that price, not even from China. i dont mind waiting a few weeks for that slow boat.

I just don't know how these so called premium brands charge what they do? Yes research and bending machines cost money but once thats done its a case of programme the bending machine and off it pops. I am sure there is more to it being naive but still a lot of money for some pipes.

Anyway thanks for the feedback on this subject very much appreciated.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for that. I see there are 2 prices on fleabay ÂŁ500+ and ÂŁ350 they look identical. I mean ÂŁ350 for the full lot, I was really only bothered about the rear silencers. But I expect the extra bits make it sound better/louder?

Stainless systems tend to be noiser anyway, they are thinner metal compared to stock steel. I fitted a stainless system to my VW campervan and although I am happier its not going to rust after 5 mins its deffo louder.

The muffler delete setup I have sounds actually similar to what you say, its loud on cold startup, I mean loud! Then under load but at lower speeds and on motorway but not too intrusive, but I did line the wheel well in the boot with soundproofing, it used to bellow under load on the motorway but not now.

Thinking about it I will only change if the neighbours start complaining or those damn accoustic cameras turn up. I do love the sound its very addictive.
If you’re lucky the back boxes will on the stock tubes where they are currently cut, so if you find the full system too loud, you can put the resonator back in. From what you say though the full system might suit volume wise, difficult to say as everyone has different tolerances, but it should offer more sound deadening than your current set up which only has the resonator to rely on.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Direnza (via Ebay) - brand new catback systems - stainless - ÂŁ389.99 at moment
Sponsored