Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I just took a test drive in a Bullitt for the first time.

What's been the overall consensus with owner satisfaction? I'm considering this or the Shelby GT350, or an M2 Comp. Main reason for the Shelby is the added performance and the Tremec transmission. Have people been having broken shift forks and such with the MT82 in the Bullitt? Also, curious about the electronic gauge cluster crashing, as has been reported on a few cars. Finally, the cylinder wall scoring and the engine tick have peaked my interest. I'm not concerned with the price jump going to the Shelby, and, actually, the insurance is cheaper on the Shelby than the Bullitt (State Farm), so that's actually a bonus. Also, I haven't owned a U.S. produced car since my 2007 JK Wrangler (special ordered), which I actually had to Lemon Law. Excited to get back into a sports car.
Good morning Hasta I am one of the few people who has owned and driven on a daily basis both a 18 GT350 and a 2019 Bullitt. My 8 month old GT350 was hit when parked and it was a total loss. I purchased a 19 Bullitt two weeks ago. The two cars are very different and your decision should be based on how you plan to drive the car. The GT350 with recaro seats is not a good daily driver, the seats are hard to get in and out and your passenger will not like them. The car is designed for track and mountain twisty roads where it comes alive. At 5000 RPM and 80MPH the car is magic. in stop and go and city streets it is a pain in the ass. Regarding the tremec 3160, it works beautifully at RPM over 3000 but no so well under 3K. The bullitt is just the opposite, easy to drive on city streets lots of fun and comfortable for my passengers. The bullitt gets a little uncomfortable at high speed on twisty mountain road. Think of where and how you are going to use the car and get the one that fits your style. One more thing the GT350 comes with a day of track driving school conducted by Ford Performance. ABSOLUTELY SIGNUP FOR THE SCHOOL AND TAKE THE SECOND DAY OPTION. The school will make you a better driver in every way. The school is one of the best reasons for buying a 350.
Sponsored

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Thanks. I really do want to get into auto crossing and some track events. I’ve just never had a car I could do it with. I’m also the kind of person that regrets not getting the highest performing model of a particular vehicle, when it’s within my financial reach. I realize that would actually require me to get the GT350R, but I’m not about to pay any ADM fees. I think that’s nuts. But that’s just me.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Thanks. I really do want to get into auto crossing and some track events. I’ve just never had a car I could do it with. I’m also the kind of person that regrets not getting the highest performing model of a particular vehicle, when it’s within my financial reach. I realize that would actually require me to get the GT350R, but I’m not about to pay any ADM fees. I think that’s nuts. But that’s just me.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Hi Hasta OK you should definitely go get the GT350 you will love it. Also join the local Shelby club and sign up for https://www.motorsportreg.com they can get you access to tracks in your local area. Driving fast on a track is lots of fun and you still have a drivers license at the end of the day. Go do it!

hasta_luego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 T4R TRD Pro, '16 VW GSW
Hi Hasta OK you should definitely go get the GT350 you will love it. Also join the local Shelby club and sign up for https://www.motorsportreg.com they can get you access to tracks in your local area. Driving fast on a track is lots of fun and you still have a drivers license at the end of the day. Go do it!
1966, how trouble free was your GT350? Any issues? And how about your BULLITT? Did you have the Recaros in both? I’m curious how the cloth Recaros compare to the leather Recaros in the BULLITT, comfort wise and dimensions.

Sponsored

Whitemagic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dont look over here for one. $ 15,800 markup on GT350, Bullitt markup is already too high with "extras"...
20190501_102744(1).jpg

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
1966, how trouble free was your GT350? Any issues? And how about your BULLITT? Did you have the Recaros in both? I’m curious how the cloth Recaros compare to the leather Recaros in the BULLITT, comfort wise and dimensions.
I only had the GT350 for 9 months and only 3K miles No negative issues at all, not even excessive oil consumption. I did have the cloth recaro seats and I did not like them I even considered buying regular seats from a salvage yard and replacing them. My passengers
complained bitterly about the seats. My Bullitt has the ford heated and cooled seats and they are 100% better. Yes the Recaros are "cool" but you cannot sit in them for more than 2 hours. If you get the recaro seats you may want to get a second car for passengers and long trips.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Dont look over here for one. $ 15,800 markup on GT350, Bullitt markup is already too high with "extras"...
20190501_102744(1).jpg
Holy $#!+ DO NOT buy any car from that dealer. Hi Whitemagic I just purchased my 2019 Bullitt exactly the same as that window sticker MSRP $51,485. With just one ask "give my your best deal" the dealer discounted the car to 49,414.00 In CA including tax and license out the door $55,000. Their has got to be better dealers in AZ If not it is worth the time and miles to drive to CA or NV.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
20190501_102744(1).jpg
"Desert Protection Package"? $10K for at most $2K of crap I don't want? Sorry, Mr. Dealer, I don't want any of that stuff, please remove it if you want my business...

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I only had the GT350 for 9 months and only 3K miles No negative issues at all, not even excessive oil consumption. I did have the cloth recaro seats and I did not like them I even considered buying regular seats from a salvage yard and replacing them. My passengers
complained bitterly about the seats. My Bullitt has the ford heated and cooled seats and they are 100% better. Yes the Recaros are "cool" but you cannot sit in them for more than 2 hours. If you get the recaro seats you may want to get a second car for passengers and long trips.
So you’re actually talking about one passenger right? I love my Recaros... long trips are a breeze!! My ass doesn’t event get numb!! What weight y’all packin’?? I’m 174 lbs. I love them!!

Sponsored

MRI204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiano
Vehicle(s)
MY2006 roushcharged and MY2020 Bullitt L2061
Hi! I’m a new entry in the forum but not in the world of ponycars. I’m writing from Italy. I have a GT MY2006 roushcharged. Last week I have ordered the new Bullitt with delivery in April, it will be the 2020 version.

I have some questions about the 2020 version:

1) Will the chassis code begin with the letter "L"?

2) Will the standard equipment remain unchanged or will they add some extras?

3) Will the "engine strut tower brace" be standard on 2020 version? Because on the web I saw some bullit that had it and someone no.

4) Could you tell me why some chassis codes started with "MP"?

Thank you

Sebastiano

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Hi! I’m a new entry in the forum but not in the world of ponycars. I’m writing from Italy. I have a GT MY2006 roushcharged. Last week I have ordered the new Bullitt with delivery in April, it will be the 2020 version.

I have some questions about the 2020 version:

3) Will the "engine strut tower brace" be standard on 2020 version? Because on the web I saw some bullit that had it and someone no.

Thank you

Sebastiano
Ill try to answer those:

Yes.

No changes except guzzler tax

Euro models do NOT get a strut bar. (at least the 2019 didn't)

I believe vehicles with that designation are vehicles produce for media events, reviews etc.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
MP = mass production, which is the last phase and legitimate production-level car

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I don't mean to question you Tony but I always understood the MP designation to mean Manufacturer Prototype.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I don't mean to question you Tony but I always understood the MP designation to mean Manufacturer Prototype.
It's always good to question! :) This information comes from a buddy of mine who works for Ford in Product Development. I also had thought similarly but he reminded me of this designation when I brought up that we have seen some 2019 Bullitt Mustangs owned privately with "MP" in their chassis numbers.
Sponsored