Sponsored

Keep active exhaust closed w/ WOT

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You guys love to make this simple shit complicated. I’m the one who first tried it.

I mounted mine right above the 3rd gear position. So when I downshift before the sound tower I go into 3rd and close the valves. As soon as I’m straight after the tower I open them back up.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I have the kit mentioned above, controller is mounted on the shifter bezel just ahead of the shifter when it’s in 3rd
I mounted mine just to the left of you so it's right under the Start/Stop button. You can see it in my video. Super easy to hit without looking down.

GPS control would be AWESOME though. I met a guy at Thunderhill that had GPS controlled valves for that exact reason in his GT3.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Excellent! Item shipped today. Does the package contain everything you need?
Yeah, but be aware that the install is a bit of a pain in the ass. The part where you need to unplug the actuator from the top of the muffler is annoying as hell.

hogpowr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
i called AWE and a rep there said they don't have anything that works with the GT350... was that just someone who doesn't know any better? i'm kind of surprised that if this works with our cars, the creator of it, doesn't know....

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
i called AWE and a rep there said they don't have anything that works with the GT350... was that just someone who doesn't know any better? i'm kind of surprised that if this works with our cars, the creator of it, doesn't know....
Yes because they haven’t tested it themselves, but it does work.

The link is in this thread, what more do you need to know?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
He's looking for support in the event that he needed it. It sounds like Rob, if you encounter an issue after X amount of years the only level of support you'll get is none and you'll just have to buy another one.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it's not officially supported but myself and a few others can testify that it 100% works.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
100% works. Just ran Laguna yesterday with it. No issues. One of the other GT350 there got meatballed for sound.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I've never been to a race before... what actually happens if the sound booth catches it being too loud. Sirens go off or something? Do you pay a fine? Could I continue to run laps until the police arrive and kicks you off the track? Which will lead to a ban from the premise?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
So I've never been to a race before... what actually happens if the sound booth catches it being too loud. Sirens go off or something? Do you pay a fine? Could I continue to run laps until the police arrive and kicks you off the track? Which will lead to a ban from the premise?
You get black flagged and have to come into the pits. Laguna Seca had a 3 strikes policy but your session is over when you get black flagged. If you get 3 strikes, you're not allowed back on track the rest of the day.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I do like the idea of a siren going off for a sound violation. As long as it’s a very loud siren. That way it can be heard over the very loud exhaust.
Sponsored