Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
2019 GT PP1 Auto will own a V8 RS5 in every performance category.
That's hilarious. I have a GT+PP. The Ford handles like jello by comparison. And the Audi trans is vastly better behaved than Ford's. Maybe the GT will pip the Audi in the 1/4 mile but there are very few people who give a good damn about drag racing.
Sponsored

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
That's hilarious. I have a GT+PP. The Ford handles like jello by comparison. And the Audi trans is vastly better behaved than Ford's. Maybe the GT will pip the Audi in the 1/4 mile but there are very few people who give a good damn about drag racing.
LOL. Here's some empirical data for you:

Lightning Lap Results:
GT PP2: 2:53.8
RS5 V8: 3:03.9

We don't have results for the A10 PP1, but I am guessing it would be around a 2:56-2:57. The RS5 is over 4000 pounds. I am nearly certain the A10 shifts faster. I had an M5 with DCT. Obviously, DCT is fun and cool, but it did not shift discernably faster than the A10 IMO.

Figure 8 (both from Motor Trend):

GT PP1: 24.0
RS5 V8: 24.8

That's a HUGE difference. A GT (PP1 or PP2) will absolutely demolish an RS5 on a track. Sorry, but you are dead wrong on this one. I can't tell you why your GT feels like jello. Mine has Magneride and corners incredibly.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
9000 miles on mine (bought August 2018).

I have had my trans replaced and it is in the shop now getting the passenger side axle replaced because somehow a hole got ripped in the boot and was leaking fluid all over. Mine ticks sometimes and rattles too. But I don't care because I love the car. Some things could be better (paint, body panel fitment, etc) but overall this is a great car for me.

OP
OP
Mgsouthwest2001

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
9000 miles on mine (bought August 2018).

I have had my trans replaced and it is in the shop now getting the passenger side axle replaced because somehow a hole got ripped in the boot and was leaking fluid all over. Mine ticks sometimes and rattles too. But I don't care because I love the car. Some things could be better (paint, body panel fitment, etc) but overall this is a great car for me.
What happened with the transmission?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Sponsored

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
My PP 2 has a noticeable typewriter chatter at 2K, most apparent in first gear. I don't know yet if it is the injectors I am hearing or the typewriter chatter others have complained about. Best handling car I have ever owned.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happened with the transmission?
Started popping out of 2nd gear at 5500 miles. Took it to Ford and since so many had issues the shift forks, synchros and even full transmissions were on backorder for months. Luckily the dealer was able to pull a new car off the lot and take its trans out to put in mine so my wait was only three weeks. My build date was July 2018 so my 2019 model got one of those janky 2018 transmissions. The donor car's build date was March 2019 so the one in there now is one that, according to Ford, was re engineered to have the newer forks.

OP
OP
Mgsouthwest2001

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
Started popping out of 2nd gear at 5500 miles. Took it to Ford and since so many had issues the shift forks, synchros and even full transmissions were on backorder for months. Luckily the dealer was able to pull a new car off the lot and take its trans out to put in mine so my wait was only three weeks. My build date was July 2018 so my 2019 model got one of those janky 2018 transmissions. The donor car's build date was March 2019 so the one in there now is one that, according to Ford, was re engineered to have the newer forks.
The 19 I am looking at is still brand new but it was built in September of 18. It is a manual. Does it have the updated trans in it or the old one?

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
We have the same exact build down to the Steeda H-pipe (not installed yet) but I went with Steeda hood struts. 2,800 trouble free miles on mine, not a daily but she gets plenty of exercise on the weekends. Cool to see someone with the exact same build
I had to wait 15 weeks for the build; sounds like the closest available was across the country!
You'll love the Steeda H-pipe. I'm in southern CA with a long daily commute (70 each way), and fortunately get plenty of opportunities to have some spirited fun. These cars are meant to be driven.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
.... Mine has Magneride and corners incredibly.
Surprisingly so. I was coming off a BMW M235i and expected the GT to feel like a heavy musclecar in the curves; surprised me at how deftly the '19 GT handles after just a bit of getting used to.

Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Only issue I have run into with my 19 GT PP1 is, on of the bolt for the passenger front strut mount was loose. Took it in, they tightened it down and that's it lol. That and the cooled seats don't seem to be too powerful.
Might need to have either that seat looked at, or your butt calibrated; the few times I've had my seat cooling on it started freezing my ass.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You’re out of your mind. What a clown.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Surprisingly so. I was coming off a BMW M235i and expected the GT to feel like a heavy musclecar in the curves; surprised me at how deftly the '19 GT handles after just a bit of getting used to.
I'm coming from a Mini Cooper JCW and the stang also surprises me quite a bit! The mini was lowered too and I feel like I can take the stock PP1 suspension around corners at the same speed.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 19 I am looking at is still brand new but it was built in September of 18. It is a manual. Does it have the updated trans in it or the old one?
Hard to say because I haven't found any definitive news on when ford started updating the transmissions. Worst case is you get it and if it blows you're covered under warranty and you know that a replacement (or replacement parts) will be the thicker shift forks.