Sponsored

Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Nastang, You said it was bigger than a Coyote. It's not.
If course it's heavier. No one's arguing that.

Your post was not factual, so I pointed it out.
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It’s interesting.

Ford COULD have went twin turbo. And made mind-blowing power that would leave the auto world reeling.

But they stayed financially safe with a supercharger.

THry could have developed this solution with a modern fuel delivery system... it they didn’t.

So the car makes huge power, but not earth shattering.

It’s going to be heavy. It’s based on gt350, but adding even beefier suspension, heavier engine, etc

And so it is bound to be a fast car. Perhaps the fastest out there on the street (not including the not-street-legal demon crate add-ones plus the tire glue). But it’s not going to obliterate stats.

That’s where the DCT comes in. Ford wants a certain amount of performance. No doubt they were getting there. But the DCT ensures it and then some. It basically just maximizes the package. All the go fast goods are there, but the DCT makes sure they get made use of.

The engine could have been better. A lot better. But ford didn’t want to put out the time and cost investment to develop a proper eco boost v8, suited for performance. (I know the engine guy talked about torque management, but that was a veil, nothing more) A missed opportunity for sure, it we are still getting a world class supercharged v8.

If it were turbo, it would overpower the demon at its most insane setup.

But it’s SC.

So it will have to settle for beating hellcats and zl1s.

The weight is going to be an issue but not crazy. The engine is powerful. The dct is the best option we could have hoped for.

So at least we are getting that box ticked.

Hopefully successors will address engine modernity and weight reduction.

Ford went with a blower and I’m telling you flat out this is what they told investors, it was the less expensive option and hit there performance targets. I completely agree another blower engine IMO isn’t all that special anymore because the big 3 are doing it. If you take away the DCT this car doesn’t have the oh shit that’s amazing like the gt350 had with the FPC and the last gt500 with the unheard of 662hp “200mph top speed which nobody got” for me it’s just feels like this is a rushed model to meet with the ford fans who deserve this car

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nastang, You said it was bigger than a Coyote. It's not.
If course it's heavier. No one's arguing that.

Your post was not factual, so I pointed it out.
I actually an the one who said it, and it certainly is factual. In fact, the quote you posted said NOTHING about it's size in relation to the coyote aside from the fact that it is MUCH longer and certainly won't fit in a stock S550 engine bay BECAUSE it's so much longer. Height is likely close to the same, width is probably close, but the length is SIGNIFICANTLY more. I'd wager that the overall volume of the engine will end up being larger, thus "larger engine"

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Does the stock horsepower really matter that much????
Within a few weeks, most of the buyers will have a smaller pulley, custom tune, intake and exhaust... and probably 800+ horsepower...

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Within a few weeks, most of the buyers will have a smaller pulley, custom tune, intake and exhaust... and probably 800+ horsepower...
Most of the buyers will not mod right away.

So yes, the hp matters alot.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If it's 730, then the dealers will cry because the ADM's just won't hold up. If it's 760 + then buyers will need some lube. 750 cannot be ruled out but I'm leaning toward 760 because it gives Ford bragging rights over the ZR1's HP figure. 780 looks to be the next higher logical guess. I can't see how a 9 makes that bend at the bottom.
This ^^^

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford went with a blower and I’m telling you flat out this is what they told investors, it was the less expensive option and hit there performance targets. I completely agree another blower engine IMO isn’t all that special anymore because the big 3 are doing it. If you take away the DCT this car doesn’t have the oh shit that’s amazing like the gt350 had with the FPC and the last gt500 with the unheard of 662hp “200mph top speed which nobody got” for me it’s just feels like this is a rushed model to meet with the ford fans who deserve this car
I can see the rushed model, but after 5 years...Difficult to understand.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I feel it's actually 750. Here's why. Ford's latest tweet says most power dense V8 offered. At 5.2L, that does give it the crown of most HP per Liter. Even with it falling short of Chevy's 755hp 6.2L, and Dodge's offerings.

This also fits good with Ford's marketing posters of 700++, with each plus being 25.

Remember, these tweets are being done by marketing, pay closer attention to the words, and the sales spin.

(GT500 Projection #1): 5.2L / 750 hp = 144.23hp/L
(GT500 Projection #2): 5.2L / 730 hp = 140.38hp/L
ZR1: 6.2L / 755 hp = 121.77hp/L
Redeye: 6.2L / 790 hp = 127.41hp/L
Demon: 6.2L / 840 hp = 135.48hp/L

730-750, is all Ford needs to make the "most dense V8 hp" quote come true, that will fit that equation, but the 750hp number just seems more fitting with the 700++hp marketing that has been shown at shows.

Last edited:

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
800? This thing is using a TVS 2650, which has already been proven to be able to make 1200whp on a near stock engined coyote.

I'll bet the fuel system for the GT500 is similar to the GT350's, or better, meaning, put some 1050-1300 injectors on this, with a dual BAP, shove some E85 down its throat, add headers, pulley, and a tune. You're probably in the 900's at the tires.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Fords marketing department needs to be fired. Got people over here playing elementary school games for a HP number that shouldve been released weeks ago.
It is rather childish
Sponsored