Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You know there's an "auto" setting once you know what temperature you like... I barely touch anything but the power button.
Yes, but who in their right mind keeps it on the same setting all day as the outside temperature changes? No one. Especially since most of us are afraid to use the A/C knowing that failure is inevitable.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my spare when in ordered car..$495 option.....bought a 2018 chysler pacifica and no spare tires are available from chysler...they stopped selling them.. found 1 on ebay $500.00 for whole kit..it's crazy you have to spend stupid money after buying a new car..
I bought the Ford aftermarket spare for my car in 2016 for $285.00 then the next year it went up to $405.00 and nothing changed except the price. Must have been a lot of Mustang owners buying the spare for Ford to raise it up so much.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes, but who in their right mind keeps it on the same setting all day as the outside temperature changes? No one. Especially since most of us are afraid to use the A/C knowing that failure is inevitable.
I don't understand. Why would the outside temperature effect what temperature I like? I never touch the AC controls in any of my cars that have have auto (thermostat controlled).

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If any of this crazy crap happens with mine it'll be the last Ford I buy.

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand. Why would the outside temperature effect what temperature I like? I never touch the AC controls in any of my cars that have have auto (thermostat controlled).
Maybe yours works better than mine or you just like huge temperature swings. If I get in the car in the morning and it is 55 outside and the temp is set on 70, then it roasts me for about 10 minutes until the temperature finally stabilizes. If it warms up to 90 later in the day and the temp is still set on 70, then I freeze forever because the car is always trying to cool it down and it never actually gets to 70 on such a hot day, except for maybe half an hour later. Anyway, not to rag on anyone, but I use the stupid setting all the time and I wish it was just a damn knob instead of having to try and flick it up and down somehow with my hand sort of sideways.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
What's the issue with keeping it on the same temperature? You're either comfortable with the ambient temperature and keep it off or you turn it on and it brings the cabin to your temperature as quick as it quietly can.

You're telling me you're scared of A/C failure but want to have a manual knob so you can what... make it swing as quickly as possible from the coldest setting to the one you're comfortable on when its cold and back then back down when it heats up a little? I'm no engineer that but that sounds inefficient and more stressful on the components than automatically cooling my car down and then keeping a light breeze to keep it at my desired temperature.

I had a 2015 Altima with manual A/C and heat controls and I hate those outdated and cheap looking knobs. In the Mustang it looks like a part of the trim is a million times more tasteful than those stupid knobs.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Sponsored

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
My biggest pet peeves are probably
1. No mirror defroster for side mirrors
2. No gas spring for the hood (I changed that first week I had it)

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
My biggest pet peeves are probably
1. No mirror defroster for side mirrors

I bet when you turn on the climate control defrost or rear window defrost the mirrors will also defrost.

Have you checked your manual?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
On the subject of auto climate control, I don’t use auto mainly because when you use it it will not blow cold air to the foot well. Number one, my feet get hot, number two, if you’re not blowing cold air to the foot well then the cooled seats don’t work as well.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
1. Premium has heated mirrors.
2. Lifting the hood is a great workout :crackup:
Yes, mine turns the mirror defrosters on with the rear window defroster. No, I like my hood struts. The hood prop went away on all my rides ASAP. Redlines on the Mazda, FP on the EB.

SlowJunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, mine turns the mirror defrosters on with the rear window defroster. No, I like my hood struts. The hood prop went away on all my rides ASAP. Redlines on the Mazda, FP on the EB.
I never thought about it coming on with the rear defroster, I will have to check that next time I get the chance. I went with the FP hood struts also. I like them but may end up making some different mounting brackets that grab a little more surface area
Sponsored