Sponsored

Exhaust Options, I want your opinions and experiences

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
2018 GT, MAK deletes, 2.5" Magnaflow Resonated X, OEM non-active mufflers:

2018 GT, OEM manifolds/cats, 2.5" Magnaflow Resonated X, OEM non-active mufflers:

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
H-pipe resonator delete, and RTR street sounded great on mine until I went catless.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
H-pipe resonator delete, and RTR street sounded great on mine until I went catless.
I'm worried about going catless myself. ARH quoted me $395 for the catless lead pipes with the 3" adapters.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I'm worried about going catless myself. ARH quoted me $395 for the catless lead pipes with the 3" adapters.
It will make any system MUCH louder.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Best possible exhaust for 2018's is twin turbos lolol

Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
With exhausts you pretty much get what you pay for. The cheaper systems like the MBRP sound better than stock, but sound like a very generic v8, almost like a boat. Stepping up to Corsa, Borla, ARH and it’s noticebable difference in sound and tone for the better, usually more refined and the higher end systems have no drone

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With exhausts you pretty much get what you pay for. The cheaper systems like the MBRP sound better than stock, but sound like a very generic v8, almost like a boat. Stepping up to Corsa, Borla, ARH and it’s noticebable difference in sound and tone for the better, usually more refined and the higher end systems have no drone
Perfectly stated.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard them and I just don't find that to be true. I think each manufacturer and system has a unique sound, not necessarily dependent on price. I actually like the sound of MBRP, not just because it's cheap. I do not like Corsa as much, and it has nothing to do with the price tag.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I've heard them and I just don't find that to be true. I think each manufacturer and system has a unique sound, not necessarily dependent on price. I actually like the sound of MBRP, not just because it's cheap. I do not like Corsa as much, and it has nothing to do with the price tag.
You started a thread asking for opinions and experience based on an affordable price that sound nice.

Have you decided on;
1- X-Pipe vs. H-Pipe
2- 304 vs. 409 vs. Aluminized Steel
3- Axle back vs. Cat back vs. Mid pipe Resonator delete retaining the OEM mufflers
4- Fiber Packed Or Chambered / Baffled mufflers
5- Hollow metallic sound vs. mellow deep old school sound
6- Max budget

Make your decisions and move forward.

MBRP and Magnaflow are about the same and priced “Affordable”

Jaybob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium performance package
I have a 2017 GT. My first catback exhaust I put on was a magnaflow street series exhaust ($1,200). It just wasn't loud enough for me so I sold it and bought the MBRP street series catback with black tips for half the cost. For the price you can't beat it. Sounds great...especially when you add a CAI to your engine. I don't daily drive it so I'm not worried about the longevity of it holding up to rust ect....if I was to buy another catback in the future it would be the Ford Performance by Borla Sport series.

Sponsored
OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You started a thread asking for opinions and experience based on an affordable price that sound nice.

Have you decided on;
1- X-Pipe vs. H-Pipe
2- 304 vs. 409 vs. Aluminized Steel
3- Axle back vs. Cat back vs. Mid pipe Resonator delete retaining the OEM mufflers
4- Fiber Packed Or Chambered / Baffled mufflers
5- Hollow metallic sound vs. mellow deep old school sound
6- Max budget

Make your decisions and move forward.

MBRP and Magnaflow are about the same and priced “Affordable”
I know. I was just replying back with some of my tastes. I wouldn't consider Magnaflow to be very affordable, however...

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
another vote for MBRP. Cost is right, and i love the deep rumble. A touch raspy at higher RPM's but i think it sounds good through the whole rev range. I have a 3.15 auto so can get a little drone-y on the highway, but doesn't bother me.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know if you were considering this option or not, but I'm currently running a resonator delete H-Pipe w/ stock mufflers, because I wanted a bit more volume and a better tone; but I wouldn't go this route again (currently looking for other exhausts). Granted, it's a tad louder (maybe 15-20 percent louder, & it gets perfectly loud at WOT), deeper in lower revs, but raspy at high revs. It DOES sound better but not good/loud enough; and keep in mind, I don't want a LOUD exhaust, I even consider Roush obnoxiously loud.

Deleted member 35786

I don't know if you were considering this option or not, but I'm currently running a resonator delete H-Pipe w/ stock mufflers, because I wanted a bit more volume and a better tone; but I wouldn't go this route again (currently looking for other exhausts). Granted, it's a tad louder (maybe 15-20 percent louder, & it gets perfectly loud at WOT), deeper in lower revs, but raspy at high revs. It DOES sound better but not good/loud enough; and keep in mind, I don't want a LOUD exhaust, I even consider Roush obnoxiously loud.
Resonator delete with H-pipe seems to be a great way to keep costs low and increasing your sound/airlflow out the exhaust a bit. Especially if you do not want a loud exhaust to annoy neighbors but just enough to give you some enjoyment and improve performance a tad.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I recommend the Ford Performance Extreme kit if you like a loud, racy exhaust note. The Ford kits are manufactured by Borla, so you can expect excellent build quality. The Extreme has a really crisp, racy note that borders on obnoxious, especially cold starts, but it is an overall professional sound, not too raspy, but not too deep either. It strikes the perfect balance in my opinion. If you're concerned about volume, consider the Ford Performance Sport system, which has an overall similar tone, but the volume is reduced.
Sponsored