Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Runs 8.72@158MPH with a Stock Engine

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Badass runs, but is it really fair to call it a stock engine?

-Ford Performance Billet Oil Pump Gears
-Ford Performance Crank Sprocket
-Ford Performance HD Primary Timing Chains
-Ford Performance Upgraded Primary Chain Tensioners
-Ford Performance Upgraded Secondary Chain Tensioners
-Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket
-Accufab HD Secondary Timing Chains

Regardless, great runs.
Thats how they do in the GM world. How is a bottom end stock on a pushrod motor when you swap the cam and lifters. Anyway, I do agree stock engine is a bit misleading. Stock rotating assembly or stock shot block may be more appropriate.
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Badass runs, but is it really fair to call it a stock engine?

-Ford Performance Billet Oil Pump Gears
-Ford Performance Crank Sprocket
-Ford Performance HD Primary Timing Chains
-Ford Performance Upgraded Primary Chain Tensioners
-Ford Performance Upgraded Secondary Chain Tensioners
-Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket
-Accufab HD Secondary Timing Chains

Regardless, great runs.
Yea a little word play going on. I can’t find it now, but when this happened that night or the day after one of the people posting about it was claiming it was a stock 10r80 too which isn’t true. Fortunately that isn’t being claimed here.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
The most impressive part is a 1.28 with a 10r80 and 3.15 gears.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Thats how they do in the GM world. How is a bottom end stock on a pushrod motor when you swap the cam and lifters. Anyway, I do agree stock engine is a bit misleading. Stock rotating assembly or stock shot block may be more appropriate.
Theoretically It is a stock engine with upgraded timing components. Stock valves, Stock valve springs, stock head bolts, stock rods, pistons, stock hardware. Its kinda like saying a car that has OPG isn't a stock engine. But that's my opinion.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Theoretically It is a stock engine with upgraded timing components. Stock valves, Stock valve springs, stock head bolts, stock rods, pistons, stock hardware. Its kinda like saying a car that has OPG isn't a stock engine. But that's my opinion.
I agree with this. Still stock motor. Nothing significant has been swapped out - pistons, rods, crank etc..

Sponsored

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom end(aka short block) refers to the rotating assembly and block.. so, block, crank, rods, pistons, rings and bearings.
Long block includes the short block plus the heads, cam and valve train

These runs with this 19 can legitimately claim a stock bottom end, but not a stock engine.

In my opinion, I don't even have a stock engine because they changed out the injectors and mass air when they put the Vortech V3JT on it. But, I guess I am just old school.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
If you do oil pump gears its not stock in my personal opinion. I understand that those components don't actually contribute to the engines ability to hold power. They do contribute to the overall durability of the motor otherwise people wouldn't even bother doing it. Just my two cents. Congratulations and those are impressive numbers

If you do oil pump gears its not stock in my personal opinion. I understand that those components don't actually contribute to the engines ability to hold power. They do contribute to the overall durability of the motor otherwise people wouldn't even bother doing it. Just my two cents. Congratulations and those are impressive numbers.
Bottom end(aka short block) refers to the rotating assembly and block.. so, block, crank, rods, pistons, rings and bearings.
Long block includes the short block plus the heads, cam and valve train

These runs with this 19 can legitimately claim a stock bottom end, but not a stock engine.

In my opinion, I don't even have a stock engine because they changed out the injectors and mass air when they put the Vortech V3JT on it. But, I guess I am just old school.
Everything interally within the engine below the head gasket and above the oil pan gasket is the short block. Once again, thats my opinion.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Is opgs even necessary with the new fluid filled harmonic balancer? 15-17 didn't get this.

Evolution performance I want to order the 2650. Shoot me a pm please with and without the tune. Might use AED. Thank you.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Is opgs even necessary with the new fluid filled harmonic balancer? 15-17 didn't get this....
I’ve been wondering this for some time now. I haven’t seen any examples of gen3’s that have broken opg when using the stock damper.

(Now that I said it, mine will probably break tomorrow.)

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been wondering this for some time now. I haven’t seen any examples of gen3’s that have broken opg when using the stock damper.

(Now that I said it, mine will probably break tomorrow.)
I've seen 4 18's break them now.. Would still suggest replacing them vs not doing it saving a few hundred bucks initially but potentially costing you a lot more in the long run.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
I know of at least one 18 but it had a 20% lower which obviously isn’t oem. Are you certain those 4 were using the stock damper?
Yup 100%

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Stock is Stock this aint anywhere near Stock !!! calling this stock is like Being a little pregnant -No such thing !!!!

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Stock is Stock this aint anywhere near Stock !!! calling this stock is like Being a little pregnant -No such thing !!!!
Stock block, rods, crank and heads. That is all people mean by this. Pretty obvious the car isn't stock...

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Gives new meaning to ....Need For Green
Amazing!
What rpm are you shifting at?
Sponsored