Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why GM is allergic to just disabling the 4-8-4 feature or fixing how they do that transition (softer timing or varying firing order) or just bite the bullet and tell customers they are forced to use up-rated springs to handle the blows. GM is trying to eat it's cake and have it too. You only get to pick one of the 2 factors - pointless fuel efficiency or smooth transitions in/out of mode.
Sponsored

Humpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP "EgoBoost"
10 GT. 15 GT and now a 19 GT PP1 manual like you drove. 3 months, 2000 miles and an SCT canned tune later - totally happy in all regards. Only petty gripe is they haven't been able to get past the plastic dash squeaks and creaks after all these years. Total blast to drive. I like the Camaros also, but like for like they have traditionally been more expensive without the performance I'd expect for the extra bucks. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I like the Camaros also, but like for like they have traditionally been more expensive without the performance I'd expect for the extra bucks. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
I have an '18 M6. Almost 7K now with zero issues. It's had the 2200-2800 rattle since new. I honestly think it's the transition from port injection to direct injection. It's just too consistent and repeatable. Excellent performance for the price. I also test drove an SS 1LE that I could have had for the same price. IMO, the Camaro might be the better performer on the track, but I prefer the Mustang for everyday use. And, also coming from an LS2 GTO, I'd say there's no bias in my bones.

full.jpg

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
I noticed this too! You have to sit completely still because there are sensors in the seat. Really hard to do if you have to lean forward to push the start button.
Thanks for the advice @Dave2017GT. I am going to try that. Have you had any issues with Sync?

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
No issues with my 2019 GT CS. I owned a 2017 Focus ST that rattled pretty bad at idle but was told that was perfectly normal and many, many people have put over a hundred thousand miles on those engines heavily boosted. With no issue related to the noise. Mine doesn't make any noise but if it does and sounds anything like my focus I won't worry about it.
You have to drive a car you love. Even if you lose money, which I did, I am into a car I absolutely can't wait to drive everyday. So it's not so much the problems of the Camaro or Mustang but which one would you go to every day if you had both?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I have an '18 M6. Almost 7K now with zero issues. It's had the 2200-2800 rattle since new. I honestly think it's the transition from port injection to direct injection. It's just too consistent and repeatable. Excellent performance for the price. I also test drove an SS 1LE that I could have had for the same price. IMO, the Camaro might be the better performer on the track, but I prefer the Mustang for everyday use. And, also coming from an LS2 GTO, I'd say there's no bias in my bones.

full.jpg
Is that your 5th Gen Camaro too? I had a 13 SS in white as well no stripes though. While I loved the look of the Gen 5 I found it started to get really dated looking the last couple of years. I think that's the downside of the retro look thing. That Camaro looks ancient compared to that beautiful S550.

I'm glad to hear your comment on the 2k-ish rattle and you nailed the RPM range. . ... That's what I notice too. I wondered the same thing about the transition to DI from Port Injection. I can't get it to do it by just revving the motor sitting in park through that range either as far as I can tell. It seems to need driving load and the DI is load based I believe though perhaps its just RPM based I can't recall. But it could very well be the DI we are hearing too.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So it's not so much the problems of the Camaro or Mustang but which one would you go to every day if you had both?
If I had all 4 lined up in a row, honestly I would pick the GTI at least half the time. And it would be a coin-flip between the Camaro and GT. Yes, the GTI is that much freaking fun!

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I have a 2019 ..got it October 2018 ..A10 transmission..almost at 20,000 miles ..I drive it everyday day and drive her hard ..no issues what so ever ..love it

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Is that your 5th Gen Camaro too? I had a 13 SS in white as well no stripes though. While I loved the look of the Gen 5 I found it started to get really dated looking the last couple of years. I think that's the downside of the retro look thing. That Camaro looks ancient compared to that beautiful S550.

I'm glad to hear your comment on the 2k-ish rattle and you nailed the RPM range. . ... That's what I notice too. I wondered the same thing about the transition to DI from Port Injection. I can't get it to do it by just revving the motor sitting in park through that range either as far as I can tell. It seems to need driving load and the DI is load based I believe though perhaps its just RPM based I can't recall. But it could very well be the DI we are hearing too.
Yup, Camaro is my rainy day car, Mustang is my sunny day car, and Grand Cherokee is for those snowy days. So I've got all three manufacturers covered.

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Yup, Camaro is my rainy day car, Mustang is my sunny day car, and Grand Cherokee is for those snowy days. So I've got all three manufacturers covered.
Great combination..I like having both as well
IMG_20190430_190026108_HDR.jpg

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have a slightly harsh shift from 4-5 in sport mode on my a10 which seems to be common. Also have a rattle coming from the silver trim located around the digital dash. Only seems to rattle upon braking.

Becides that the car has been flawless

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
I had a 2019 GT Premium, 401A, A10, PP1, Active valve exhaust, magne-ride built; bought 1/31/19, and now has 11k miles. Other than a Steeda h-pipe and redline hood struts it’s stock and my daily driver.
No issues.
These cars are great and a blast to drive.
Dare you not to smile when you get a stretch of open road.
We have the same exact build down to the Steeda H-pipe (not installed yet) but I went with Steeda hood struts. 2,800 trouble free miles on mine, not a daily but she gets plenty of exercise on the weekends. Cool to see someone with the exact same build

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
OP,
My 2019 GT is flawless thus far, though I have less than 2000 miles. I think Ford worked out the tranny issues for MY19. I specifically avoided buying an '18 for this reason.

I drove an Audi RS5 (v8) for a few hours and it puts both American cars to abject shame. But an extra 20 large had better come with some good reasons attached.
The 2019 GT PP1 Auto will own a V8 RS5 in every performance category.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Little over 3000 miles on my 2019 A10, no problems, lots of fun.
Sponsored