HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not sure if this is the best forum for this but....

I was channel surfing predawn on Saturday and caught part of coverage from some major auto show. A Dodge rep was explaining (and showing examples) how if you special order a Challenger (Don't know about other models) you would get updates, including real time pics of your car at various stages on the assembly line.

I virtually always special order my cars and think that is outstanding. With Ford and Cadillac (my last two orders and every one before) it was like pulling teeth to find out ANYTHING about the progress. It always seemed like manufactures only did special orders under duress.

That is the sort of thing that would get my sale if it was close to a toss-up otherwise. The pics and other stuff would even be a plus when eventually selling the car.

Ford should do this.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford should do this.
I agree. People know that when they custom order they are likely to pay more versus buying a car off the lot. Ford should be trying to draw in the customers who are more excited about their cars and willing to pay more to get what they want.