Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My 1LE is stick, naturally but I also have no miles on it yet. The SS clutch is particularly annoying vs the Mustang.....
Can you explain the SS clutch being annoying? I was hoping it was better than the Mustang's.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
'17 mustang V6 was rather heavy but take up was near the floor and smooth. Easy to modulate. The '19 V8 and EB had similar engagement behavior but a much softer spring to push against. The SS has a spring similar to that of the '17 and the engagement is almost 1/3 way back (leg is floating) and VERY narrow and abrupt because of the cam action. I've driven lots of stick cars without a second thought and I'm still trying to get the hang of the SS. The trick appears to be to put 1200-1500 rpm on the tach and when the clutch starts to bite, to HOLD it right there until underway. The problem with trying to HOLD it there is because below that point the clutch effort is light and when you're entering the friction zone the leg effort goes up dramatically. So if you are letting the clutch out a little too fast you end up pushing way too far and take it out of the zone. When bringing it back it's very easy to come in too fast and it'll grab hard. The result is a take off that looks and feels incompetent. Starting on a decent hill is 10x harder because of the inability to threshold on the friction zone. It's really fracking annoying.

I'm going to look to see if a pivot point change or a different spring will help.

Ha, just found this. 10 minutes fix then perhaps.
The design of the spring is lobed so that at a certain point it helps push down on the pedal. The force of the pressure plate is much stronger and pushes the lever/pedal back up, now if you removed the spring you are only the only force disengaging that lever/pedal so the clutch feels like it has more resistance. To myself and others is easier to slip the clutch smoothly when the spring isn't in the way making it feel "soft" all of the sudden.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I don't discount the reports of questionable engine noise from the Coyote engine - improper shimming and run-out tolerances are real things - but I suspect some degree of "abuse" is being dished out and using that idiotic, thin oil is probably not helping.

Owner actions won't do diddly if the factory has problems in design or inconsistent execution. Neither of GM/Ford are known for world-class manufacturing. .
Yeah no doubt some problems are user related. If there is an issue with mine I know I've done nothing to cause it. Car is just about to complete the 1000 breakin period I'm less than a 100 miles from that. It has not been beaten nor overly babied. No WOT pulls but a few runs to 6000 RPM in there for sure. As to the oil its hard to say. I mean they should know what the oil needs to be for bearing clearances etc. My old Camaro SS required 5-30 which surprised me back when I got it.

I suspect some of the reported noises are some sloppiness in manufacturing tolerances as you noted. But I can live with some noises if the car is solid and runs like a champ which thus far it seems to do. It could even be an exhaust shield noise for all I know. I'm going to ask about it at my first oil change but I'm not going to make a special appointment about it as its not of real concern at this point. More of a curiosity I'd call it.:)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
1900 miles on my 19 GT PP1 and has had the 2k rattle since I picker her up with 3.9 miles. Pulls strong and handles great. Fit and finish was questionable on a few things interior and exterior like the back seat panels being installed wrong and a wire harness not in the channel properly pushing the panels out too. Exterior wise, there were a few places where push pins weren't popped in all the way but was an easy fix. Stealership fixed the interior no problems. Did my own first oil change at 1k after break in and the filter is annoying but not a deal breaker by any means. Ditched the single use $10 drain plug for a valve to hopefully avoid wear on the plastic oil pan too. Done all mods myself so far except tinting the windows and loving every second I spend DDing.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My easy access doesn't always move my seat back forward when I start the car... very frustrating.

Sponsored

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Are you me??? Same boat. Went from S550 to '18 SS A8, itching to get back into a Mustang. Also have the shudder, not enough of a bother to take to my dealer. At this point I'm thinking on waiting on the '20s, whats a few more months?

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
We've got 7900 miles on our 2019 GT PP1 in Kona Blue and no issues, no knocks, rattles, typewriters, shift forks... nothing! :) It's mainly the good weather/fun car. 4 road trips which has put the majority of the miles on it. Pulls great, and rev-matching is a blast! The "mods" (if you want to call them that) are MBRP street catback exhaust (see video), 35% window tint, catch can, LED marker lights, G2 paint on the brake calipers, roush side scoops, K&N air filter (no CAI), ceramic coated and recently had Xpel clear bra installed on the full front (bumper, hood, mirrors, fenders & headlights) and ceramic coated that as well. The car is a blast and turns heads everywhere we go. Here's the MBRP video:

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
Car received October, has 2,500 miles. Easy entry rarely works. The seat always moves back but almost never moves back to driving position when started. Sync system keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone.
I noticed this too! You have to sit completely still because there are sensors in the seat. Really hard to do if you have to lean forward to push the start button.

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
My 19 Mustang GT PP1 is almost flawless. It has a couple of quirks like the seat location memory but other than that its really awesome. My 17 GT PP was awesome but it suffered from some serious issues like the passenger door popping open and leaking refrigerant on my garage floor. So far so good with the 19 GT PP1. Very Very happy with this one.

MischiefMaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401a, Magna ride, Active Exhaust
Only issue I have run into with my 19 GT PP1 is, on of the bolt for the passenger front strut mount was loose. Took it in, they tightened it down and that's it lol. That and the cooled seats don't seem to be too powerful.

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm glad it isn't just my easy access!

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
I certainly would like to know if 19’s have also the tricky A/C evaporator core issue or if it has been finally fixed (I mean, actually fixed, since it seems a serial defect and many people running early s550’s have suffered the issue again after repair. Do you have any info?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
My 2019 is great, only gripe is a small amount of door panel rattling when listening to something with heavier bass.

My F250's stereo was much nicer than this one also, but it's not bad.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
I had a 2019 GT Premium, 401A, A10, PP1, Active valve exhaust, magne-ride built; bought 1/31/19, and now has 11k miles. Other than a Steeda h-pipe and redline hood struts it’s stock and my daily driver.
No issues.
These cars are great and a blast to drive.
Dare you not to smile when you get a stretch of open road.

OP
OP
Mgsouthwest2001

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
Are you me??? Same boat. Went from S550 to '18 SS A8, itching to get back into a Mustang. Also have the shudder, not enough of a bother to take to my dealer. At this point I'm thinking on waiting on the '20s, whats a few more months?
If I were you, I would go ahead and take your car in for the shudder. Let them do the new fluid flush on it. It does fix the issue at least temporarily. My shudder has not come back yet and it has been around 2K miles since I had the flush done. If you don't get it done, it will get worse and your torque converter will be damaged and you will end up having to replace that sooner than later too.
Sponsored