Engine oil question.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Hi everyone, I got my first oil changed week ago, and today checked the oil level and it was in middle of two dots of the oil dipstick. It was my fault that I did not check the oil level after the change, but I thought it would be full as I put 10 qrts of the oil. Should I add more oil to it or just leave it as it is?
Thanks.
Mine is the same.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yea, don’t know how to take that one either. I sooooo did not say ignore the dipstick.
You said the opposite. It was a good, clear post.

Idiots who don’t own a 5.2 just contributing to the confusion...

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I always pull the dipstick cold before I go out and then at 15 minutes after shutdown. I guess I’m just weird that way. I love peering into this engine bay every chance I get.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
What a headache to be a gt350 owner having to check oil all the time..you'd think Ford could have caught that one before the engine went into production.. just a gtpp here..im doing an oil change today at 15,015 mi..last one was in the fall of 2017 at 10,000 mi..only check oil level maybe twice in that time. ..real peace of mine for non gt350 owners I guess

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To add..not being a downer here but ford should have designed a dash monitoring system for the oil consumption in the gt350..oil pan with sensor system and electronics to make this easier for the owner.

Sponsored

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
What amazes me is a dip stick measures oiI. It,s been that way since I drove a 31 Model A in high school. That may be problem. If it's in the hatch marked area I'm GTG. Jesus, it's not rocket science, but what do I know?
Unless you have a leak or a worn out motor it is not going any where.

You guys are very anal!

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
To add..not being a downer here but ford should have designed a dash monitoring system for the oil consumption in the gt350..oil pan with sensor system and electronics to make this easier for the owner.
Agree

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What amazes me is a dip stick measures oiI. It,s been that way since I drove a 31 Model A in high school. That may be problem. If it's in the hatch marked area I'm GTG. Jesus, it's not rocket science, but what do I know?
Unless you have a leak or a worn out motor it is not going any where.

You guys are very anal!
I dont know bout that..they just dont want their engine starving of oil on their watch and Ford telling them "sorry but you let the oil run out"..

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Mine, full, right after an oil change is about 3/4 up the hashed area (yes, via standard warm up 15 minute technique). So the "middle" of the hashed area sounds about right.

Sponsored

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I checked it after fully warmed up, waited like 5 minutes
The manual says to wait at least 15 minutes after engine is off to check the oil level. I have noticed if I check on a cold engine the oil level is different than when doing what the manual says. Like, the oil was at roughly the halfway point between the dots on cold but after I got it up to temperature and waited the 15 minutes the oil was reading at the top dot.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What a headache to be a gt350 owner having to check oil all the time..you'd think Ford could have caught that one before the engine went into production.. just a gtpp here..im doing an oil change today at 15,015 mi..last one was in the fall of 2017 at 10,000 mi..only check oil level maybe twice in that time. ..real peace of mine for non gt350 owners I guess
I don't think most of us check the oil often enough for it to be a "headache". I would usually check it 2 or 3 times between changes and before/after track days. Not that big of a deal.

But it's something to talk about.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Not familiar with the brand, and does not specify WSS-M2C931-C or even use language like Amsoil, recommended for WSS-M2C931-C. AFAIK there are only a couple brands that actually claim to "be" WSS-M2C931-C. Motocraft obviously and Castrol Supercar 5W50 (if you can find it in the US). The other ones all use language like "recommended in applications that call for WSS-M2C931-C". I tend to believe this is just a licensing issue and Amsoil/Lucas/Redline are all probably fine. Motocraft tends to be the cheapest of them all.
Sponsored