2019 Mustang GT350 vs. 2020 Mustang GT350

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Will it weigh more? probably but nobody knows for sure. For 99.8 percent of the people who buy these cars the 5 or so extra pounds they added to beef up the deck and head fasteners will never be noticed on their way to Starbucks.
Yes, I do not disagree... But every little bit counts... I mean all cars in time gained weight, not lost, it is general tendency unfortunately. But I hate it to happen to the GT350. From the base 2016 R, with no radio and no ac as it started as an (almost) race car, they added navigation, dual climate controls, stereo with subwoofers, etc. Now the regular GT350 2019 gets a high performance audio 1000W B&O system, which I would be surprised not to add at least 30 pounds to the car.
In 2020 we are adding a GT500 block which god knows how much it will add again... see what I mean.

The purpose of car gets slowly diluted by all these convenience ads. It's sad. I might not have another GT350 in my future, or might just look for a base R in a little while.
<--- Works for Subaru. Loves Starbucks. One of these kids is not like the other...
Give me a good reason on why anyone anywhere would buy a Subaru. I doubt you have one. They are not good looking, not particularly quick cars. Parts are not exactly cheap. They don't handle all that well either.... They are cars for non-enthusiasts who want to get from point A to point B, end of story (although I can argue there are nicer ways to do that, with little more money) . :)
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Give me a good reason on why anyone anywhere would buy a Subaru. I doubt you have one. They are not good looking, not particularly quick cars. Parts are not exactly cheap. They don't handle all that well either.... They are cars for non-enthusiasts who want to get from point A to point B, end of story (although I can argue there are nicer ways to do that, with little more money) . :)

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
There were many marks on the hill, so many cars made it up there... I don't buy it :) a 4x4 truck will make it up there too, albeit maybe slower :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There were many marks on the hill, so many cars made it up there... I don't buy it :) a 4x4 truck will make it up there too, albeit maybe slower :)
But that's the reason why some people buy Subarus. The WRX isn't terrible and on a snowy, slippery day you might actually enjoy driving it.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
my 2001 subaru outback just hit 200k miles. most reliable car i've ever owned. before the kids came, that car took us on countless trips to yosemite, zion, etc. the AWD is fantastic. many times CHP pulling people over to put on chains but they just waive us by. a practical car through and through.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hehe, I was kidding :) Although I am not fond of them and I don't care how reliable a car is (average lifespan in possession is 3 years tops), I do like the WRX STI. They won many rally stages and championships and used to be one of the greatest AWD systems out there.

I did think of getting a WRX STI once, but driving it put me off.
My wife could not get used to the very stiff clutch, so we went (at the time) Audi way.

I do think they are unsightly vehicles, can't see myself getting out of one.

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
Wow, that's simultaneously aggressive, rude and oblivious. For one thing, its the company that I work for and believe in. Subaru, as one of the fastest growing brands, puts together a very decent car and stands behind their product unlike many other OEMs. Tell the handling bit to the BRZ that has its own amateur spec race class in both NASA and SCCA and has a huge following in autocross as a stock and modified car. Also, the WRX / STI has a long standing rally pedigree and can hold its own among cars of its class. And you're right, the rest of our line up is definitely designed for the non-performance enthusiast. Shockingly, ford doesn't make a killing on Mustang sales... their work trucks are the backbone of their business model. And outside of your own bubble, there are many other enthusiast groups (outdoors people, rally fans, pet owners, safety minded folks, etc) that Subaru has cornered the market on. Subaru's sedans, wagons and SUVs have a huge market share in the "non-enthusiast" world and is known for their safety, reliability and features that rival vehicles above its class.

Shockingly, you, Mr. Torque, are not our target customer. We'd love to have you and show you some really impressive features that the brand has to offer. If not, please understand that even though it might not be in your purview, there are millions of people that understand exactly what the Subaru brand brings to the table.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Wait. So they are going to have a 2020 GT350 and GT500? Wow, that is lame. The GT350 sucks. Not even close to the GT500 although is will probably cost much more.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
My 85 year old mom rolled and destroyed a Legacy Spec R, and came out with a only small bruise on her leg, was it. The cops fully expected to find her dead when they reached the car. She also snapped a power pole. It was a nice car and had plenty of power and great AWD. Making fun of them and other aspects of such owners, shows you have some inner feeling of inferiority.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's simultaneously aggressive, rude and oblivious. For one thing, its the company that I work for and believe in. Subaru, as one of the fastest growing brands, puts together a very decent car and stands behind their product unlike many other OEMs. Tell the handling bit to the BRZ that has its own amateur spec race class in both NASA and SCCA and has a huge following in autocross as a stock and modified car. Also, the WRX / STI has a long standing rally pedigree and can hold its own among cars of its class. And you're right, the rest of our line up is definitely designed for the non-performance enthusiast. Shockingly, ford doesn't make a killing on Mustang sales... their work trucks are the backbone of their business model. And outside of your own bubble, there are many other enthusiast groups (outdoors people, rally fans, pet owners, safety minded folks, etc) that Subaru has cornered the market on. Subaru's sedans, wagons and SUVs have a huge market share in the "non-enthusiast" world and is known for their safety, reliability and features that rival vehicles above its class.

Shockingly, you, Mr. Torque, are not our target customer. We'd love to have you and show you some really impressive features that the brand has to offer. If not, please understand that even though it might not be in your purview, there are millions of people that understand exactly what the Subaru brand brings to the table.
Slow down, I was just kidding... as I said, I loved the My2001 WRX STI - and I still do like that hatchback shape- and almost bought one if it wasn't for the heavy clutch ( I was sharing the car with my wife at the time, living in a apartment complex, no kids, hey, good life :) ). I am not a brand fan, I am a car enthusiast. I will swing to any brand that brings something to the table worth looking.
I would like to see actually Subaru make more performance models like the B4 Legacy twin turbo , that was a hoon, very enjoyable car, even with that huge dip in torque between turbo handover. I worked on one when I had a workshop overseas, full suspension coilovers, software programming, the works. It would actually burn all 4 tires off the line if pushed, it was that powerfull :)

Relax :)

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
According to Ford Performance the only change in the 2020 GT350 is the addition of a couple of new colors and the use of the heavier GT500 engine block. Ashame as they now have the current engine worked out. Hope there aren"t any startup issues with the 2020.
Again, engine block not engine.
Sponsored