Sponsored

2016 mustang gt upgraded but feeling slow!? Anyone else?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I do all my work aside from the cams or internal work. But thanks for the entertainment and school yard bs attitude. I’m sorry you suck at providing an argument once again you did most of the work for me so I can’t think you enough for that. 2-3x the price for forced induction then with cams that was my only argument.
30hp for $2500.:crackup::crackup: Or 200 hp for $4500. That was my arguement. I shot holes in your arguement. You didnt like it. And this is my last message to you.

Now back to the OP. If 20whp didn't blow your skirt up. For the $1500 you spent on bolt-ons. Do you really think a weak sauce 30hp more. Is going to be the magic number that makes you happy? Especially For another $2500? You can tie up 4 grand for a 50whp gain. (Ur Bolton's + cams) Or 5 grand for a 200hp gain. The cams. Like ever other coyote mod. You'll need to wring those cams out. At high RPMS. To feel anything. Most people don't bother with cams. And for good reason.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I thought so... I knew a few guys who installed cams and there wasnt a whole lot of difference.
I suppose installing cams AFTER FI would result in some good gains (if its within your budget).

Plus the cams he quoted specifically state for FI. I guess you could still install them in a NA car but like the
blue dude said, its not really worth the money or time unless you just want to boast about having "cams"

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I thought so... I knew a few guys who installed cams and there wasnt a whole lot of difference.
I suppose installing cams AFTER FI would result in some good gains (if its within your budget).

Plus the cams he quoted specifically state for FI. I guess you could still install them in a NA car but like the
blue dude said, its not really worth the money or time unless you just want to boast about having "cams"
This is the conclusion I came to when I was at a crossroads some time back. I was going to stay N/A with cams, different heads, etc., etc., but the power gained for the money spent just wasn't worth it. To me. Did I spend more than $3 - $4k on my supercharger? . . . . Of course I did. I expected to for the horsepower increase I was going to get out of it. There's nothing wrong with staying N/A. If that's your thing, have at it. It just wasn't for me personally for what I wanted to achieve. If cams are $3k (with install) for 30 horsepower, I paid under $9k for my whole supercharger system (but I'll round up) installed. So, if that's 3 times more money than it would be for cams, did I get 3 times the horsepower? You bet your *ss I did. I got 8 times the horsepower. And that included time on the dyno AND a custom tune. Personally, I don't give a sh*t what anybody does with their money, just throwing out there what I experienced.

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Stock cams on these engines are not that bad. Most aftermarket just move peak power up to match manifolds. If you want the high reving NA engine that's fine but cams like manifolds give, and take. If your not wrapping out the car now to feel the new manifolds benifits, your also not likely going to enjoy cams. You might lose a bit of torque down low and make it feel slower. FI gives you power broadly, depending on style, and in multiples. As a GT350 owner I know all about having a car / engine combo that needs to be spun hard to enjoy. It takes road, guts, and a bit of luck to enjoy it 100% on a public road.

Ethanol is the way to go. you will feel the responsiveness of actually hitting MBT throughout the entire range. It is really quite rewarding. It feels like the car lost 200 pounds.

YMMV

Also I would not even consider touching cams on a stick car.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
Lets all chill here lol Just weighing out options. Cams would give a nice bump that you can feel while maintaining reliability. Yes, it is obvious that if i strap a blower to my car it will be much faster than cams. (that goes without saying). However, the point of the argument was geared towards reliability and longevity. Not everyone is looking to slap a blower on their car. Just depends on the needs and wants of your project. Idk, just throwing it out there

Sponsored

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
This is the conclusion I came to when I was at a crossroads some time back. I was going to stay N/A with cams, different heads, etc., etc., but the power gained for the money spent just wasn't worth it. To me. Did I spend more than $3 - $4k on my supercharger? . . . . Of course I did. I expected to for the horsepower increase I was going to get out of it. There's nothing wrong with staying N/A. If that's your thing, have at it. It just wasn't for me personally for what I wanted to achieve. If cams are $3k (with install) for 30 horsepower, I paid under $9k for my whole supercharger system (but I'll round up) installed. So, if that's 3 times more money than it would be for cams, did I get 3 times the horsepower? You bet your *ss I did. I got 8 times the horsepower. And that included time on the dyno AND a custom tune. Personally, I don't give a sh*t what anybody does with their money, just throwing out there what I experienced.
Thank you for the input! It is a rough decision for me. I know for FACT that boosting my GT would be absolutely NASTY. I just keep getting taken back on reliability and supporting mods, ect. Clutch is really good on our cars and will hold nicely for quite some time, but the trans i have less faith in lol I guess if it REALLY came down to it and i have a full procharger kit for like 4k, ya....ide do it. But im not trying to slap 7k down. I guess its a never ending battle of "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Thank you for the input! It is a rough decision for me. I know for FACT that boosting my GT would be absolutely NASTY. I just keep getting taken back on reliability and supporting mods, ect. Clutch is really good on our cars and will hold nicely for quite some time, but the trans i have less faith in lol I guess if it REALLY came down to it and i have a full procharger kit for like 4k, ya....ide do it. But im not trying to slap 7k down. I guess its a never ending battle of "is the juice worth the squeeze?"
So far reliability for mine has been a non issue. No problems ever. No problems with my stock clutch, trans, shifter. Nothing. Now I'm not out beating the sh*t out of it all the time, either. I did change my shifter to a Steeda short throw, BG fluids in the trans and rear and upgraded my halfshafts and loads of suspension stuff. To me, the "juice was worth the squeeze", but I was only going to do it once and this thing is just a toy that I also like to tinker with. There are some deals to be had in the classifieds on this site. Especially @SoCalTim selling his brand new Edelbrock system for $5300. That's a steal.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
So far reliability for mine has been a non issue. No problems ever. No problems with my stock clutch, trans, shifter. Nothing. Now I'm not out beating the sh*t out of it all the time, either. I did change my shifter to a Steeda short throw, BG fluids in the trans and rear and upgraded my halfshafts and loads of suspension stuff. To me, the "juice was worth the squeeze", but I was only going to do it once and this thing is just a toy that I also like to tinker with. There are some deals to be had in the classifieds on this site. Especially @SoCalTim selling his brand new Edelbrock system for $5300. That's a steal.
Wow! Im going to go creep on him right this second... lol not kidding

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Lets all chill here lol Just weighing out options. Cams would give a nice bump that you can feel while maintaining reliability. Yes, it is obvious that if i strap a blower to my car it will be much faster than cams. (that goes without saying). However, the point of the argument was geared towards reliability and longevity. Not everyone is looking to slap a blower on their car. Just depends on the needs and wants of your project. Idk, just throwing it out there
A blower is just as reliable. Cars come from the factory with blowers and full warranties. Now a days. If you really want cams. Knock yourself out. Like I said it's your money. But dont make another thread about how your disappointed after you spend 3 grand on them.

OP
OP
JaymesLannan

JaymesLannan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt
A blower is just as reliable. Cars come from the factory with blowers and full warranties. Now a days. If you really want cams. Knock yourself out. Like I said it's your money. But dont make another thread about how your disappointed after you spend 3 grand on them.
Now you are being 'that guy'. Nobody said it would result in another disappointed post. I am simply hearing my options from a helpful community. Thanks for the input...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Now you are being 'that guy'. Nobody said it would result in another disappointed post. I am simply hearing my options from a helpful community. Thanks for the input...
You know what. That did sound rude once I reread my last post. My bad. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choice next.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
That better not be a 2650 kit... stealing it it :)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
That better not be a 2650 kit... stealing it it :)
I think it's the 2300. If I wasn't already supercharged I would've bought it.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I think it's the 2300. If I wasn't already supercharged I would've bought it.
Even if it were stg1 and a 2650, at that price it's over!
Sponsored