TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in both before I ordered my car, and I went with standard seats. Getting in and out was far easier with the standard seats, and having heating and cooling is nice also.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I love my 2014 Recaros. One of the most comfortable seats I’ve ever owned.
The 2017 350R I drove had tighter Recaros, but they feel necessary for this car, at least to me.
Before ordering, I’d recommend finding a GT350 and a GT PP or Bullitt with Recaros.
-J

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For what they are the Recaros should be less expensive than the couch seats, not more expensive. No lumbar adjustment, no head rest adjustment, no heat, no cooling. If you don't need lumbar support and don't care about the risk of injury if you are ever rear-ended - get the Recaros.

And don't think that if you drive hard on the track the Recaros will hold you in place without a proper harness. You still need a harness. And the harness with the couch seats will hold you in place better than Recaros with no harness.

Frankly the only advantage of the Recaros that I see is they look "racy". Functionally they are worse in every way.

Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
The Recaros I think finish off the interior stylistically, and are perfect for this car. At Saturday morning Cars & Coffee here in San Diego for example, some of the comments folks make when peering inside is "Whoa....look at those seats", for what THATS worth. I personally think they are very comfortable for a sport seat, but Im 5.9 of medium build. They are fairly restrictive but in a good way, and remember they serve a function....to keep you in your seat. Sit straight and eyes on the road. If you are one to sit sideways, lean to one side or the other or just like a less restrictive position, then the comfort seats I think would be the way to go. Just my 2 cents.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Recaros I think finish off the interior stylistically, and are perfect for this car. At Saturday morning Cars & Coffee here in San Diego for example, some of the comments folks make when peering inside is "Whoa....look at those seats", for what THATS worth. I personally think they are very comfortable for a sport seat, but Im 5.9 of medium build. They are fairly restrictive but in a good way, and remember they serve a function....to keep you in your seat. Sit straight and eyes on the road. If you are one to sit sideways, lean to one side or the other or just like a less restrictive position, then the comfort seats I think would be the way to go. Just my 2 cents.
I agree the Recaros are very good for Cars and Coffee.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Im ny no means a cars and coffee regular, but this car is also not a daily driver. Its meant to fill a HP and stratus void. So the seats are perfect for that.

Most I would drive this is 2-3 hours away. I can sit in a kirkey for that long without real issues, so yes, recaros for me.

Additional benefits of weight reduction are nice too

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I did a few 14 hr drives in the Recaros that come in the GT350. First few hours were great but the last few were torture.

The older GT500 Recaros definitely had more room. I'm wondering if Ford is catering to the average buying demographic (read: not as thin as they once were) and will expand the 2020 GT500 Recaros over those of the GT350 or not.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
If only heated/cooled Recaros were offered....sigh....that would be the ticket....for me

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If your a big guy the recaros are not comfy. I can't even fit in them. If your skinny then your prob fine

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
They are tight if you are over-weight.

I like the tightness when driving the car at speeds as it was intended. You can feel the car move around in a high speed corner.

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was just wondering for those of you that have recaros if they are truly comfortable and worth the extra money that they will cost??? I know its an option but no point in spending the extra money if they aren't anymore comfortable than the seats than just come in the car. As soon as we get word on the Order Bank Opening I will be placing my order. Just sold my 2019 Redeye Hellcat WideBody to a nice guy from Arkansas and now getting very excited to place my order for the new Shelby GT 500. Also working on license plate ideas too!!!!
Yes unless you’re really fat

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
You mean fat? Let's not be so politically correct. It is what it is.

I'm 6' and about 200 pounds. Recaros are extremely comfortable. I wouldn't have any other seat in this kind of car.

Either you fit in a recaro or you don't. Kind of like the guy who couldn't fit in the airplane seat and insisted on raising the arm rest. I wouldn't recommend he buy recaro seats.
I agree totally. I had normal cloth seats and they were just alright. I bought leather recaros and it’s a night and day difference. Been on 2-3 hours trips and super comfortable. I’m 6’3” 238 and no problem at all. Best switch I’ve done in my car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
and yet not a single person knows the weight difference? I guess you guys "say" your about the performance, but really just want the cars and coffee styling points
Sponsored