Sponsored

Will the GT500 engine be offered as a crate motor?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That is true, but it seems even fords OHV crate motors and big blocks are a little pricey compared to GM. I remember a friend of my father's was building a 32 Ford Coupe. Car was gorgeous, had a Chevy 427 in it. When I asked him why he said he was able to build the chevy 427 much cheaper than a Ford 427. A few years later, same guy built a 32 roadster and put a GM "fastburn 385" in it, again because it was cheaper than a Ford Crate engine
Cheapest is not best. I realize everyone has their opinions, but I would never put a Chevy in a '32 Ford. When I see one at a car show I think, " huh, that guy cheaped out." and I walk past without looking any more. Also possible it's a '70s build. People used to do that a lot in those days.

IMO an early hemi, flat head or Ford engine are the tasteful choices. They don't cost enough more than a Chevy to make it worth putting a Chevy into the quintessential hot rod Ford.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Cheapest is not best. I realize everyone has their opinions, but I would never put a Chevy in a '32 Ford. When I see one at a car show I think, " huh, that guy cheaped out." and I walk past without looking any more. Also possible it's a '70s build. People used to do that a lot in those days.

IMO an early hemi, flat head or Ford engine are the tasteful choices. They don't cost enough more than a Chevy to make it worth putting a Chevy into the quintessential hot rod Ford.
Yeah I hear you on that I wouldn't put a Chevy in a ford or vice versa either.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If I had money to burn I would like to get a C2 corvette and put a coyote in it just to piss off the chevy guys. They think it's ok to put a chevy in anything.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If I had money to burn I would like to get a C2 corvette and put a coyote in it just to piss off the chevy guys. They think it's ok to put a chevy in anything.
I'd love to have a Voodoo in my C5 Z06. It would be so sweet if it didn't have a truck engine in it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good engine. But I miss the Voodoo.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Not knowing your end goal...You can also build a pretty awesome naturally aspirated Gen 3 Coyote. You can buy a new Gen 3 Coyote for around $8-9k give or take (I haven't checked prices for several months), add stage 3 ported heads (~$2k, send in the stock heads to be ported and polished), cold air intake, larger throttle body, long tube headers, and a nice Borla catback. Eventually Comp Cams will come out with some aftermarket cams for the Gen 3. With aftermarket cams you could hit 600+ crank hp naturally aspirated on pump gas; or 630+ on E85 tune...all for less money than an Aluminator (580 crank hp). The Aluminator would be my 2nd choice, but at $17k it is expensive per hp compared to the LT5.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'd just drop a strokes Windsor in it and forget about it.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
While were waiting....What is the odds of the GT500 engine being offered as a crate motor? I have a Fox mustang build that I want to do a coyote swap, but finding an OTB SC coyote is expensive. A GT500 crate would foot the bill, unless its stupid expensive. I mean my current build (not ford) i am using a new Crate GM LT4 which can be had for < $14k and for under a grand more i can have this setup around 700 rwhp,
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engine-sale.121175/#post-2583197

I have a BIllet Pro Shop built 5.2 with similar specs to the alluminator but with upgraded valve springs I would sell for for the right price .... and definitely for much less than alluminator

Choice of FI intake manifold (2300 edelbrock ) or 2018 GT intake which are perfect fit for the GT 350 heads.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I'd love to have a Voodoo in my C5 Z06. It would be so sweet if it didn't have a truck engine in it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good engine. But I miss the Voodoo.
I got one for you.
Complete and never run .
Assembled from scratch with all new parts .
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...otor-complete-voodooo-engine-for-sale.121176/

Considering sending it out for inspection and rod upgrade since I bent one on my stock motor currently being rebuilt . If no plan for FI I would at least upgrade the OPG/CS(available too ). Might be a good time to upgrade valve springs/head studs if it’s coming apart .

Already got a quote of $3K for upgrade with Voodoo specific Manley H rods, including labor .
Rods alone are about $800 ,valve springs about $600 if you can do the work your self .
Sponsored