Sponsored

GT500 Engine Automobile Mag

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
They’re is nothing but rumors about the 7th gen Camero the same way people think the bronco is going to look like that stupid ass render that got passed around. The general public is pretty retarded when it’s comes to believing anything
Sure, there is forum talk, and that’s all you’re going to hear is rumors. Unless you happen to work for a supplier that is being asked to bid on parts for next gen Camaro. Or unless you happen to provide information to suppliers who are being asked to bid on parts for next gen Camaro and they provide you information on what they are working on.
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  1. What's Going On With Team Camaro?
    I'm getting word that with the transfer of Al O from the Camaro program, much of the Camaro Team has been disbanded and moved to other products. There are no plans for any changes or model additions for the 6th gen and will essentially cruise on auto pilot until the end of it's lifespan.

This is from GM inside news
I have personal friends that have recently been redeployed from the Full Size Truck team to work on new products. Guess that means Silverado and Sierra are dead.

When Al moved and Mark Dickens came in, it was clearly stated then that Al had completed the roll-out of Gen 6 models (a slick way of saying don’t hold your breathe waiting for a Gen 6 Z/28). Mark has the reins on the next gen.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
During development of the GT350, Ford designed a Coyote that was spinning to 9500 RPM before they switched to the FPC. Getting the FPC stable chewed up the budget for the valve train to spin at 9k+. I think a Gen 2 Voodoo using Gen 3 Coyote Dual Fuel and an increased redline to 9000-9500 RPM making 600hp is in the cards as the last iteration of Voodoo.

The next generation of GT500 is rumored to be getting the KERS hybrid system so with a Gen 2 Predator it would be over 1000hp.

I think Project Silver is a very real possibility, the mid engine Mustang is a car that could fill the gap between the Mustang and GT to compete with the C8. Ford enthusiasts have been asking for an affordable GT, Corvette competitor. Patrick Morgan said "We’re constantly looking at our product line and where it(Voodoo) sits." That to me means the Gen 2 Voodoo is going into another vehicle.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Plausible analysis.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have personal friends that have recently been redeployed from the Full Size Truck team to work on new products. Guess that means Silverado and Sierra are dead.

When Al moved and Mark Dickens came in, it was clearly stated then that Al had completed the roll-out of Gen 6 models (a slick way of saying don’t hold your breathe waiting for a Gen 6 Z/28). Mark has the reins on the next gen.
Where is the official word from GM of a gen 7. Ford has stated that there is a 7gen Mustang coming and it will be on the Explorer platform.

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
During development of the GT350, Ford designed a Coyote that was spinning to 9500 RPM before they switched to the FPC. Getting the FPC stable chewed up the budget for the valve train to spin at 9k+. I think a Gen 2 Voodoo using Gen 3 Coyote Dual Fuel and an increased redline to 9000-9500 RPM making 600hp is in the cards as the last iteration of Voodoo.

The next generation of GT500 is rumored to be getting the KERS hybrid system so with a Gen 2 Predator it would be over 1000hp.

I think Project Silver is a very real possibility, the mid engine Mustang is a car that could fill the gap between the Mustang and GT to compete with the C8. Ford enthusiasts have been asking for an affordable GT, Corvette competitor. Patrick Morgan said "We’re constantly looking at our product line and where it(Voodoo) sits." That to me means the Gen 2 Voodoo is going into another vehicle.
Next generation GT500?! This one isn’t even real yet lol

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well it's now number 3 in truck sales with Ram now in the number 2 spot.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is the official word from GM of a gen 7. Ford has stated that there is a 7gen Mustang coming and it will be on the Explorer platform.
Where is the official word from GM that there is a mid engine Corvette? Just because Ford plays the game one way doesn’t mean that GM will also play it the same way. GM will deny the existence of vehicles that hide in plain sight. They get announced when GM wants to announce them. There is no benefit in announcing Gen 7. I’ll continue to believe the suppliers who are receiving RFQs.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From the Detroit News

The worst-kept secret in autodom is out.

The veil was lifted Thursday night when General Motors Co. confirmed the existence of its long-rumored mid-engine Corvette by driving it through the most public place on the planet — Times Square, New York.

With Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter behind the wheel and GM CEO Mary Barra riding shotgun, the thinly-camouflaged C8 stopped traffic at 7th Avenue & Broadway on the way to the Marriott Marquis Hotel where Barra publicly confirmed the next-generation Corvette.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the Detroit News

The worst-kept secret in autodom is out.

The veil was lifted Thursday night when General Motors Co. confirmed the existence of its long-rumored mid-engine Corvette by driving it through the most public place on the planet — Times Square, New York.

With Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter behind the wheel and GM CEO Mary Barra riding shotgun, the thinly-camouflaged C8 stopped traffic at 7th Avenue & Broadway on the way to the Marriott Marquis Hotel where Barra publicly confirmed the next-generation Corvette.
Exactly my point. The Detroit News story you quote came after months of photos of the vehicle being seen in camo all over Detroit while GM denied its existence. And....just as you have pointed out that GM has yet to say anything official about a 7th Gen Camaro...GM has said that there will be an announcement on Corvette on July 18th. They HAVE NOT yet said that it is mid-engine. The Detroit News said it was, GM has still not “confirmed” that it is mid-engine.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
are you sure the 1080 was benchmarked? Im pretty sure i remember the same thing you said, except it was for tremec
Yes, 10R80. Reported by almost every source when it was released. Quick google search finds several articles incl Car and Driver.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Interesting. I do know Carl referenced the pdk and Porsche specifically in one of the last YouTube vides i saw, varlisle maybe, and that the test driver posting all the pics on Instagram said he likes the 500s dct better than the Porsche pdk.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Interesting. I do know Carl referenced the pdk and Porsche specifically in one of the last YouTube vides i saw, varlisle maybe, and that the test driver posting all the pics on Instagram said he likes the 500s dct better than the Porsche pdk.
Wow, that’s serious

I owned a GTR, and the GR6 DCT in that car was good, like no complaint.

I’m a manual guy so eventually that car went and I bought a 350.

Forward to present day. Last March I drove a GT3 in Vegas on the track and the PDK was just brilliant. Like reeeaaaaallly good. The instructor where I drove tend to want manual shifts so they can limit the drivers rpm to a point. I asked for sport/auto and they agreed. It was intuitively holding gears, downshifting, being in the perfect spot every time. And 9k upshifts were mind boggling

If the GT500 is better than that, I may have to really consider it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
i agree. I owned an E92 M2, have driven gtrs , mp412c mcclarens, and huracans. I rode in, but never got to drive the 991s, but i never really felt an issue with any of them, except maybe the mcclarens. so if its on par with a 2009 m3's dct, im happy, but if its on par with the latest and greatest, im ecstatic

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
In about two to three years , I can see Ford putting the DCT behind the VooDoo engine now that the GT350 will use the same block as the GT500. The DCT should bolt right up to the new GT350 block.
Sponsored