Sponsored

BMW M4 GTS or Ford Shelby GT350

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Just curious, after 4 years... what some you think about “Boy racer M4 GTS” today? The prices are in the high 70’s to Low 80’s on these things. There are 2 in my town and I like it. It must be the ricer in me, being flashy, but the thing is pretty quick.

I’ve had a number of M cars before, so I’m no stranger to a bmw. Sadly, only options for me, from now on, will be a dct/s tronic/pdk or an auto.
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
nice resurrection of a 4 yr old thread. i dont know about the M4 but i was in my R today and pulled up next to a brand new "M5 Competition". thing looked pretty sweet. decided not to give it a go as i didnt want to lose to a boat. but i hear that thing is quick.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Just curious, after 4 years... what some you think about “Boy racer M4 GTS” today? The prices are in the high 70’s to Low 80’s on these things. There are 2 in my town and I like it. It must be the ricer in me, being flashy, but the thing is pretty quick.

I’ve had a number of M cars before, so I’m no stranger to a bmw. Sadly, only options for me, from now on, will be a dct/s tronic/pdk or an auto.
Thats too much for that car imo. If you are spending that much, might as well get a c7z with the carbon brakes. that is a much faster car. easier to get power too out of the v8. I post on the corvetteforums and the stock block is good over 1000hp.
none of the m4/m3 sound good, it must be the 6-cylinder.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree with you on this. It's a big reason I haven't tried a BMW.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Thats too much for that car imo. If you are spending that much, might as well get a c7z with the carbon brakes. that is a much faster car. easier to get power too out of the v8. I post on the corvetteforums and the stock block is good over 1000hp.
I disagree on the price. $70-80k is a great deal considering the GTS is very limited production (700-800 total) and sticker was ~$135k. They will start to creep back up in a few years unlike the z06 which will continue to tank in value.

About the sound, it's because of the manifold/exhaust design of the S55. The other BMW turbo I6's like the B58, N54, N55 all sound great.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
About the sound, it's because of the manifold/exhaust design of the S55. The other BMW turbo I6's like the B58, N54, N55 all sound great.
It will most likely appreciate since there are die hard bmw fans. There are a ton of corvette fans too, but the value always tanks, not sure why either.

Its hard to beat the sound of GM's v8, specially when going full exhaust mods. Then add a cam and its game over. I have never and will never consider a 6 cylinder turbo from bmw. LOL, specially when the LT4 can handle power over 1000hp.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
nice resurrection of a 4 yr old thread. i dont know about the M4 but i was in my R today and pulled up next to a brand new "M5 Competition". thing looked pretty sweet. decided not to give it a go as i didnt want to lose to a boat. but i hear that thing is quick.
Funny you mentioned that , car club I cruise with had a guy with a new M5 competition and the old girl ('17 GT350 lol) kept it pretty nicely especially on freeway pulls , (M5 still won ultimately)

The 8k Redline + sweet shifting 6 Spd tremec on the car is frankly a bit of a secret weapon on the street; even the fastest DCTs need time to shift and that happens a lot when you have 8 9 10 gears like a lot of these newer cars have...

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you mentioned that , car club I cruise with had a guy with a new M5 competition and the old girl ('17 GT350 lol) kept it pretty nicely especially on freeway pulls , (M5 still won ultimately)

The 8k Redline + sweet shifting 6 Spd tremec on the car is frankly a bit of a secret weapon on the street; even the fastest DCTs need time to shift and that happens a lot when you have 8 9 10 gears like a lot of these newer cars have...
nice. well next time i see this dood on the streets i'll be corn fed and maybe we'll do a lil dance :dance:
Sponsored