Sponsored

Might Sell PP2 - Looking For Advice

93tankus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2
Hey Everyone,

So, I’m getting an itch to sell my 2018 Mustang GT PP2. I don’t want to. At all. But, unforeseen family obligations has created a bit of a strain.

I was looking for guidance on possible asking price. Facts:

Metallic
2700 miles
Cloth Recaros
No Actice Exhaust
No mods, only RokBlocks on front fenders

Autotrader has two used PP2s at the moment:
- one with 4,xxx for 39,999
- one with 7,xxx for 33,000

Just trying to figure out a fair asking price if I were to sell.

Bummed....

Thanks y’all!
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Hey Everyone,

So, I’m getting an itch to sell my 2018 Mustang GT PP2. I don’t want to. At all. But, unforeseen family obligations has created a bit of a strain.

Metallic
2700 miles
Cloth Recaros
No Actice Exhaust

Bummed....

Thanks y’all!
Does Autotrader have a way to see how long a listing has been up for? You can judge the market on that as well.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Used Mustangs are a hard sell in the 1st 24 months IMO unless its a trade and then you'll likely take a beating depending on the season. The best price you'll get from a dealer is right now with summer about to pop.
Sorry for your misfortune

Sponsored

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
You could always try carmax and see what they'll give you. Might be enough to let it go.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
Carvana will give you an on line quote. I just sold my 2015 Colorado and Carvana was $1800 higher than Carmax.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
take MSRP x 0.73 and you're probably in the ball park of what people will want to pay.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
That's accurate ^

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Hey Everyone,

Metallic
2700 miles
Cloth Recaros
No Actice Exhaust

Bummed....

Thanks y’all!
Check NADA and Kelly blue book.i searchrf nada and they had trade at 30k.,retail 32,but I didn't select any options.my best luck selling cars is autotrader.if you go that route,make it run till sold and a feature car,and put up pics and videos.i just traded my Shelby and got exactly the nada value

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hey Everyone,

Metallic
2700 miles
Cloth Recaros
No Actice Exhaust

Bummed....

Thanks y’all!

I’m going to sound like a broken record but here goes.

Yes 70 percent or a third off seems right.

Next: when you bought the car you should have had some cash for “unforeseen expenses”. If this is an on-going thing then you bought too much car for your income. Guys who worry about increases in gas and insurance spent all their money on the car and have little else for disposable income.

Ok, what done is done. Get what you can for the car but set a fair price and don’t drop below just because you hate the hassle. Sell it properly. Then buy a shit box that runs and save some cash!

Shit happens, shit will always happen and you have to have the cash for these “inevitable expenses”. Family members get sick - you should have money for that! Daughter needs to straighten her teeth or forever cover her mouth when she smiles. The money goes there and not to some car! That is how you operate from now on.

I run several companies but drive a truck to make a living at night and keep funnelling the money into the companies. My house is just shy of a million dollars, and yet I had to stretch to get a V6 Mustang instead of a Hyundai Elantra.

Also, most businessmen are cheap ass like me so you kids that tell me you can spend money like a drunken sailer on cars - well I simply don’t believe the back story of your life.

But I digress again...

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to sound like a broken record but here goes.

Yes 70 percent or a third off seems right.

Next: when you bought the car you should have had some cash for “unforeseen expenses”. If this is an on-going thing then you bought too much car for your income. Guys who worry about increases in gas and insurance spent all their money on the car and have little else for disposable income.

Ok, what done is done. Get what you can for the car but set a fair price and don’t drop below just because you hate the hassle. Sell it properly. Then buy a shit box that runs and save some cash!

Shit happens, shit will always happen and you have to have the cash for these “inevitable expenses”. Family members get sick - you should have money for that! Daughter needs to straighten her teeth or forever cover her mouth when she smiles. The money goes there and not to some car! That is how you operate from now on.

I run several companies but drive a truck to make a living at night and keep funnelling the money into the companies. My house is just shy of a million dollars, and yet I had to stretch to get a V6 Mustang instead of a Hyundai Elantra.

Also, most businessmen are cheap ass like me so you kids that tell me you can spend money like a drunken sailer on cars - well I simply don’t believe the back story of your life.

But I digress again...

So much truth in your statement.
Sponsored