Sponsored

Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
For those that think there is not enough ponies under the hood need to go for a ride in E85 tuned car. Unplugged at the box in Sport mode (300a) on mine is flat fun. Then your up too 520-530 crank hp. ;).
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've heard so many good things about e85, but I've been reluctant to even consider it because if fuel availability. Can the stock motor run it, and if not, can the mods also run 93 pump gas? I know it will cost more to fill up, I just want to be able to road trip without worrying about fill-up locations. It's a Mustang, not a damn Tesla.
I think that's why tuners make flex fuel tunes, so almost any ratio of gas and ethanol can be used.

Unfortunately, the stock tune can't do that although some manufacturers have that as standard on some models.

For me to run ethanol, driving to and from the station would be the bulk of my driving due to the distance to the stations. And to make things worse, mid 50% seems to be the amount of ethanol there. LoL Plus, I'm staying stock anyway.

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I've heard so many good things about e85, but I've been reluctant to even consider it because if fuel availability. Can the stock motor run it, and if not, can the mods also run 93 pump gas? I know it will cost more to fill up, I just want to be able to road trip without worrying about fill-up locations. It's a Mustang, not a damn Tesla.
Just need a tuner with said E85 tune. Just switch back to stock tune or 93 file anytime you want to flip back over for road trips etc.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I saw a Head to Head show featuring a 2018 Camaro 1-LE and 2018 Mustang GT.
According to the show; the Camaro has 455 hp @ 6,000 rpm; 455 ft lb tor @ 4,400 rs
Mustang has 460 hp @ 7,000 rpm; 420 ft lb tor @ 4,600 rs
They raced the cars 5 times in a mile race with the Mustang winning 5 times; 157 mph to 151 mph.
Said the Camaro would pull the Mustang off the line, then the Mustang would just over-power the 1-LE

Impressive for a 5.0 engine vs a 6.2 engine

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I believe I saw that clip on MotorTrend, the GT whipped the 1LE in the one mile drag.

But the 1LE beat the GT by 3 seconds on Streets of Willow, same driver for both vehicles. He said the GT was great on the street but too soft on the track, I would be curious what it would take to cut 3 seconds off the GT time?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I believe I saw that clip on MotorTrend, the GT whipped the 1LE in the one mile drag.

But the 1LE beat the GT by 3 seconds on Streets of Willow, same driver for both vehicles. He said the GT was great on the street but too soft on the track, I would be curious what it would take to cut 3 seconds off the GT time?
A PP2... maybe.

Tires and brakes on a 1LE help a lot, but that chassis is special on a track

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I have a 2019 Bullitt and it is still under 1000 miles. My biggest problem is keeping the "leash" on it. It just wants to go and I'm trying to break her in per manufacture instructions. Based on my limited driving her I don't question the HP rating on this car as the few times I have passed cars on back roads I can't believe how quickly she accelerates. My last ride was with a friend who drives a Corvette Z06 and he was amazed how quick she is. I love this car!!!

Break it in driving in rush hour traffic. That’ll do just fine.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Very cool, thanks. Any recommendations?
I have run Unleashed for a year now. He sets up the drive and sport mode the way I want it. In drive with E85 tune it feels/shifts like stock with lot more timing on low end in part throttle driving. Do not like tuners jacking up the tip in to create a touchy-feely throttle pedal. Most of the popular tuners (around here) turn your drive into a drag mode all the time. That would get old imo... Good luck.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

I haven't watched the whole show yet, but both guys were bragging on the Mustang..........:fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I would be curious what it would take to cut 3 seconds off the GT time?
Gunslit side windows, poor visibility, ugly front end, cheaper interior? ;)

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

I'm wondering why care? Street is what most all of us are interested in, right?

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT 401a MT82
This, Never understood why people that never track or just do it for fun care so much! For example the Type-R is a terrible street car too but people that will never track or even if they do never be able to extract full capabilities out of the care so much about it being the fastest FWD car.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I so agree with this but the problem is I believe way too many people do care and this then drives the engineers and sales guys to design a car to win in the magazine articles and tracks. And of course all the "internet racing" of mine is faster then yours. I believe this is the reason why this particular thread was started. The engineers probably design a certain amount of street fun torque out of the motor to add it to the top end HP to win on the strip and dyno. "Win on Sunday sell on Monday". I would GLADLY take a bunch more torque and loose 500 RPM or so off the top and even 50 HP less at redline.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I only have 600 miles on my GT but at least a half dozen 0-100 or 20-120 mph runs and it feels loose on the front end.

Any chance mods that shave off 3 seconds or more off Streets of Willow will make my car feel more stable or should I just ignore it since I probably will never take it to a road course and only rarely take it to a drag strip?
Sponsored