OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick update on the Indy 500's! Now that I have spent a day with them in summer temps I couldn't be happier with them. They hook up REALLY good even in 1st and feel really solid going through the twisties! I'd like to see what kind of 60 ft I could pull with them, I believe 1.8-1.9 would be doable. For the price point and performance, this tire is going to be hard to beat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After debating weather to upgrade to a new car or just add some more ponies to this one my mind was made up by the recent smoking deals on the Edlebrock 2300 stage 1 kit. I will be doing the install my self so I should have plenty pictures and comments about the install. My plans are to upgrade the kit with a BAP and custom tune in the fall but I want to see how there tune drives and performs. I'm not looking for nothing crazy but there's plenty of room to upgrade with this kit if I get the bug to turn it up a notch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin and I started the install today and got really far. We might of pulled an all nighter but we ran into an issue with the one wiring harness and decided to call it quits. I was aware of the issue of the wrong harness since edelbrock went with the new sensor but I didn't double check it so shame on me. I'm going to try to splice the correct plug in if I can find one but if not I'll have to wait for edlebrock to ship me the correct harness.
20190615_115812.jpg
20190615_120426.jpg
20190615_121350.jpg
20190615_155516.jpg
20190615_225156.jpg

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once the install is completed I'll give a full review of all the pro's and con's but so far I can say the kit seems to be pretty good!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The cars looking fantastic. And she’s going to be a beast. Cute kid in the second pic.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Once the install is completed I'll give a full review of all the pro's and con's but so far I can say the kit seems to be pretty good!
You doing the oil pump gears as well ? Here this is really important for boosted mustangs.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You doing the oil pump gears as well ? Here this is really important for boosted mustangs.
No. I'm not saying they aren't a good idea but at the hp and rpm I'm running I feel confident that the stock ones will be fine. Internet forums are great for hyping up issues. I've talked to plenty of people who haven't had any failures. Lots of companies warranty sc systems without upgrading opg and sprockets. From all the research I did if you stay under 750 hp and 7250 rpm you should be safe as long as your not bouncing off the rev limiter. I plan on staying on the edlebrock 93 tune a while which is very conservative.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to get the correct plug from advanced auto and we finished the install today. Every thing went together pretty good and the car is running like a rapped ape! Also the instructions said to remove the back 2 hood liner fasteners and bend the tabs up so I just took the liner out to expose the pony.
20190616_134013.jpg
20190616_133840.jpg
20190616_133849.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No. I'm not saying they aren't a good idea but at the hp and rpm I'm running I feel confident that the stock ones will be fine. Internet forums are great for hyping up issues. I've talked to plenty of people who haven't had any failures. Lots of companies warranty sc systems without upgrading opg and sprockets. From all the research I did if you stay under 750 hp and 7250 rpm you should be safe as long as your not bouncing off the rev limiter. I plan on staying on the edlebrock 93 tune a while which is very conservative.
I think the OPG's are like 200-300$ but the install is a bit involving. Also all youtube videos that I watched including the new Pony Wars ones where they are putting a lot of power suggest that this is a good idea. Anyhow I hope you are good without them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the OPG's are like 200-300$ but the install is a bit involving. Also all youtube videos that I watched including the new Pony Wars ones where they are putting a lot of power suggest that this is a good idea. Anyhow I hope you are good without them.
Thanks, me too!:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my install notes from the Edelbrock install thread for anyone that's interested.

Overall the install went pretty good but hear is my 2 cents that might be able to make it easier for the next guy.

-Page 12 should be page 1 in the install guide. You must e-mail all your info to the calibration equipment and then they will e-mail the tune back to you so you can load it on your sct x4 device. I was reading the through the manual to start the install the next day when I realized this. Also make sure to include weather or not you have the brass or plastic sensor and double check to make sure the wiring harness fits the sensor you have.

-We skipped steps 1-3, I'm not advising you to do this but just make sure you have safety glasses and a rag ready when you go to disconnect the fuel line.

-When removing the front clip I would label all the hardware and separate them into containers, there's a lot of them.

-On step 53, the center hole was already tapped but the hole to the right needed to be drilled and tapped. I put tape around the frill bit at the desired depth to make sure I didn't go to deep.

-Step 64, I did remove both sides but I really think the driver side could be left in place. It looked like the S/C would fit past it on install plus putting the bolt back into the flange was a little tricky once the S/C is in place.

-Step 74, I'd remove the fuel rail before setting on the S/C.

-Step 77, I just removed the hood liner completely.

-Step 78, just take your time, it is possible!

Step 79, On my S/C the holes where actually drilled slightly on a upward angle. The passenger side bolts didn't seem to want to start so I cut down a tap small enough to fit into the opening and chased the threads. After that they went right in.

-Steps 93-95, I ended up leaving all the bolts loose until I got everything in place and then tightened them all down.

-Step 96, drill the hole about 3/8" higher than the fitting. See step 100, I ended up having elongating mine.

-Step 111, my harness was not long enough like shown so we flipped it 180 degrees.

-Step 114, the picture is taken at a weird angle. The bolt is in the top/right of the head light if your standing in front of the car.

-Step 116, you do not use the factory one. They supply a regular o-ring, the factory one does not work.

Other than that I thought the manual was spot on. I hope this may be helpful and feel free comment or ask any questions.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Have you gotten a chance to take it to the track and see what times you can run with the SC?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you gotten a chance to take it to the track and see what times you can run with the SC?
Not yet. I'd like to get down and make a couple passes on the stock E-force 1586 stage 1 kit but it's been nothing but 90's since I installed it. I'm looking to upgrade the base kit with the left over components I have from my pp2 set up if I can get it tuned with just adding a bap. Ideally I'd like to run both set ups this fall but my schedule and weather will determine that. The 93 E-force tune supplied with the kit is ok but I think It might be hard to cut a good 60' with it. It runs great just cruising or all out but definitely a little lazy anywhere in between. Mid range power is only there under full throttle so I'm not sure how the launch will be. Either way when I get down to Cecil, I'll make sure to update this thread.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0