Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
In general, ya, I like them on a car with retro styling, like my previous ride:

20190419_142309.jpg

I thought that generation definitely needed for example the hood scoop, because it was a pretty blank slate, with not a lot going on in terms of lines.

But I got my current one in a light color because this gen has so much visual interest designed in. And I don't care for the zig-zag louvers I've seen in this thread because of the visual sag in the middle for the high-mounted brake light I guess.
I think they would look really good on that car painted to match like your side ones
Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
So for the rear louvers attached with 3M tape, how is cleaning the windows? Easy or hard?

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I disagree with those that say they have no function. Living here in Florida, the sun can be hell on interiors and turn your car into an oven. Louvers do provide shade, and if designed properly, you have more than adequate visibility to the rear. While they do add a little bit of extra time to detailing, for me it is worth the trade-off for styling. I modified mine to not be attached all the way around with 3M tape, but rather, used mounting plates with studs attached with 3M to the rear window and drilled holes around the perimeter of the louvers. Makes them easy to remove for cleaning the window and cleaning the louvers off the car.
IMG_0411.jpg
This is the one I am looking at when my build arrives. How is the texture, like the side skirts or is it even? I got the blackout option so may paint the louver to match the black top.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
So for the rear louvers attached with 3M tape, how is cleaning the windows? Easy or hard?
Mine came with screws on 3M mounted metal pads. Might be six or seven of 'em. Acorn nuts and washers secure the louvers to the screws stuck on the rear glass. Not hard to clean, but the unscrewing and rescrewing is a couple of additional steps.

Sponsored

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
In terms of the design of the S550, I think less is more.

Quarter and rear window louvers take away from the looks in my opinion.

The 2005-2009 can look good with them though.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one I am looking at when my build arrives. How is the texture, like the side skirts or is it even? I got the blackout option so may paint the louver to match the black top.
These louvers are smooth, matte black, not textured. I agree with you that painting them to match your roof since you have the blackout would look the best.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I like louvers a lot, but I just don't think they fit with the s550. As others have said, in some form, the s550 has a very clean look, and window louvers seem to just go against it. As some pics have shown, there's ways to get the louvers to look good, but not by themself.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Louvers make me think of Crager mags and Jensen tri-axial speakers, lol... Showing my age here!
Don't forget the spark-o-matic boosters