Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but AFIK the SC2's don't tolerate <40degF without damage (cracking) - I think for us that's the bigger issue unless your storage space is heated (mine sure isn't). I don't know if there are any good compromises that still give 3 season performance and can tolerate cold storage but I'm looking into it - reportedly the PSS are less cold sensitive and is a decent handling tire and fits our stock rims. The odd stock wheel size limits options too - some go to a 20" to open up the options - another big investment then in wheels and tires.

I work on Rte 128/95 but live closer to Camb. - it's a shame our track options are so limited
(Boston is obviously a great sports town (go B's!!) ....except for Motorsports/road courses - Limerock & the Glenn are a hike for non trailered amateurs like me)....I kinda lost that reality when excited about the MY19's updates that are track oriented (yes, I went with handling pkg too ; )

Ya I've heard the concerns about the sensitivity to the cold. Luckily my garage aka storage space is heated so luckily I'm not too concerned about the cracking. I hope you don't have that issue though even with the cold temperatures here in Boston. One more game, go Bruins! In regards to tracks, I live on the North shore and work in Boston, but even from Boston you could still get to New England Dragway in Epping, NH or NH Motor Speedway up in Loudon, NH fairly easily. I thought about getting the handling package, you'll have to let you know how you like it after testing it out and dialing it in.
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Ya I've heard the concerns about the sensitivity to the cold. Luckily my garage aka storage space is heated so luckily I'm not too concerned about the cracking. I hope you don't have that issue though even with the cold temperatures here in Boston. One more game, go Bruins! In regards to tracks, I live on the North shore and work in Boston, but even from Boston you could still get to New England Dragway in Epping, NH or NH Motor Speedway up in Loudon, NH fairly easily. I thought about getting the handling package, you'll have to let you know how you like it after testing it out and dialing it in.
Sounds like you're good with the heated storage re the SC2's. I wish I had the same setup.
Epping is drag afik not road course but I've not been there in decades. I've driven Loudon (see green car in pic - sorry for the OT guys) small ovals are fun but not quite enough to justify owning a track car & no trailer - I'd wear down the SC2's more getting there ;-).

Will for sure share what i can about mine when/if it ever lands. Build is 41 days away according to Ford Performance but we'll see how that really translates to delivery. I'll be hoping for a long fall I bet. Cheers.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Latest update is the car still sits and hasn’t been released.

This has been escalated to the GT350 program manager and the district manager with no tangible results.

Fords ambivalence to the situation is remarkable.

This is the third 350 I have purchased; apparently customer loyalty plays no part in this either.

If it wasn’t for the efforts by my dealer and my allegiance to Ford high performance products I’d be driving a GS corvette.

Ford just doesn’t get it.

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I called Ford Performance yesterday and they didnt have any new information for me and haven't heard of any issues which I dont really understand the disconnect in communication if that's the case.

I also called my sales representative who called me back this morning and they're being told that there is a national hold on the 350s. He seems to think an inspection was missed at the factory that needs to be completed.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
The GT350 2019 MY production has been the year from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on Ford

Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
The ordering process for this car includes anticipating a phone call from my dealer and it going something like this;

"Mark, Good Morning. Unfortunately, I have some bad news. Even though we had an allocation and you have a VIN, Ford has decided to shut down production of the 2019 GT350 and start the MY2020 in a few weeks. We just need you to come in and a sign an order for a 2020, but you should have one of the first 2020's in October. We have an allocation for the car for you. Just let us know when you can come in."

At that point, I will do an Auto Trader Search and make family history. I will purchase a 2019 Corvette GS L2. The family history is that I will be first one in the family to buy a Chevy. This is what it's come to after 40 years of buying Fords and Mustangs.

Simply put, this blows.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I think I'll just call mine a 2019 1/2 if it shows up.... GM did that for my 1970 1/2 Formula 400 due to production delays. I believe the Camaro and even a Ford product was also a 1970 1/2 (Torino or Falcon).

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
I think I'll just call mine a 2019 1/2 if it shows up.... GM did that for my 1970 1/2 Formula 400 due to production delays. I believe the Camaro and even a Ford product was also a 1970 1/2 (Torino or Falcon).
Interesting. I wonder if mine would be a 2019.75?

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I can’t define my disappointment in this whole mess ....

What is the issue and what is the fix?

In my job I’d be fired if I did not provide this clarity.

F*ing unbelievable.

Ford should be ashamed.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I can’t define my disappointment in this whole mess ....

What is the issue and what is the fix?

In my job I’d be fired if I did not provide this clarity.

F*ing unbelievable.

Ford should be ashamed.
I have expressed my disappointment and frustration on this venue many times and will continue to do so. The level of communication and transparency is unbelievable.

Sponsored

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
I recieved my 2019 about a 6 weeks ago.. it's in the 1100 chassis range.. is there a chance I have whatever shifter issue that the ones waiting on have? I'm almost at 1k miles, was planning to bring it in soon for oil change and get a couple small initial issues taken care of, maybe I'll ask them about it.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The chances of your dealer knowing anything about the shifter problem is zero. If you are not having problems with reverse you don't have the problem. If it surfaces it's under warranty.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
***UPDATE***
Potentially Good News for those of us waiting... the Ford tracking site updated my order over this week-end to show a delivery date from 09-01-19 to 08-21-19.
That's only ten days sooner, but I'll take that as good news as it relates to the prior delays.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I recieved my 2019 about a 6 weeks ago.. it's in the 1100 chassis range.. is there a chance I have whatever shifter issue that the ones waiting on have? I'm almost at 1k miles, was planning to bring it in soon for oil change and get a couple small initial issues taken care of, maybe I'll ask them about it.
Mine's in the 1200s and I have a problem that could be the reverse lockout issue you're referencing. It's not as much a reverse lockout problem as it is a shifter problem, but because the only way I noticed it at first was because of a problem with the reverse lockout, I think it _could_ be the same thing. See here, post #5:

Issue with GT350 reverse lock out?

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Silly question .... chassis number is the vin or the at least the last 4 of the vin ?
Sponsored